See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 27, 2016

new installations, nice and really comfortable. It is close to the downtown and it has a shopping mall just infront of. The pool area was closed when My family and I was there but it looks like small and comfortable

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank YAJAIRA V
Management response:Responded January 18, 2017

Dear Guest

We appreciate your comments and we are glad that your stay has been pleasant and a great experience, I comment that day by day we work hard in the training of our staff to offer the quality of service that our guests deserve. We hope to see you very soon at Hotel Zar La Paz.

Excellent day!

Reviewed January 31, 2016 via mobile

I really liked staying here for several days in February 2014. The hotel was quite clean, the staff was very very nice and helpful, and the security guard and I laughed a lot. Wasn't too much of a breakfast, but it was good enough for me. The only thing I didn't like was the annoying person trying to convince me to take a whale shark tour with him when I already had one with someone else. DON'T try to shove your bombastic, pompous attitude down my throat!!! Just ignore him and you'll be fine. That's really not the hotels fault he's like that. He might be new as a tour operator or he might be desperate for money, which is understandable in Mexico. Anyways, there is a really nice grocery store across the street where you can get almost any Mexican food you could want. You're not too far from the airport or downtown. Both cost about $15.00-$20.00 to get to by taxi. All in all, I really enjoyed my stay here. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Tigerman777
Management response:Responded January 18, 2017

Dear Guest

Excellent day!

Reviewed October 28, 2015

My plan was going to Cabo, but things didn't go as planned. I ended up in Hotel Zar, and I have to say, maybe it's not five stars and all that stuff, but I had a good time. Despite I was dissapointed because of my trip, Hotel Zar was a good place to stay for little money.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed July 17, 2015

I have stayed at this hotel several times from the opening, however I have to say this hotel has everything to be in the Top Ten Hotels in La Paz!, sadly is not!.

This hotel still seems like a brand new hotel, the staff is friendly but sometimes is a bit rude, the rooms are average but sometimes are dirty or lack of maintenance, believe it or not there are not telephone inside the rooms!.

The good points: very good rate, a simple breakfast is included in the rate, there is a huge parking lot just in front of the front desk, there is a pool on the back and the General Manager is always willing to listen to the guests!, nonetheless is a good option.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank MangiaTutti
Reviewed May 29, 2015

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com