“Terrific Stables, Amazing Ownership and Staff, Well trained and well cared for horses!!”

Cuadra San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Cuadra San Francisco, Los Cabos' Only Professional Equestrian Center, has horses for all levels of experience. Well trained, well fed horses will make your equestrian experience exhilarating! Owned by Master Horseman Francisco J Barrena with more than 50 years experience training horses. Trail Rides, Lessons, Carriage Rides Please call us directly DO NOT CLICK THE BOOK A TOUR BUTTON this goes to third party that does not represent us. Sorry.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to and ride with Cuadra San Francisco in San Jose del Cabo! We own and ride horses in the US and we so presently surprised during our entire visit to Cuadra San Francisco! The ownership and staff were kind, knowledgeable and perfectly matched us with our mounts. Jose, our guide, was cheerful and helpful. Our mounts were VERY well trained and very well suited to our riding abilities. We will visit again and probably ride multiple times!! Well worth every minute and peso!! Highly recommend!!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Niak_T
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We hope that you will come again and ride with us in Cuadra San Francisco.

Philo, California, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great riding experience!”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

If you love horses and riding, this is a great place to go. I did a tour hour mixed ride (one hour in the interior, one on the beach). It was just me and my guide, Jose. I had a lovely appendix QH gelding who was sensitive, spunky but also safe. While he knew the trail, he listened if I asked him to do something a little different. And he was fast - we flew down the beach. My guide was wonderful - he didn't speak a lot of English, so I practiced my Spanish and we had a really nice time. One important note, these horses are well taken care of - the Cuadra also gives lessons and has some glorious breeding horses on the site. These are not mal-treated, flea-bitten nags, but real riding horses. I will definitely go back.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Anne F
Marion, Iowa
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Excellent Horseback Riding Experience for Beginners”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My wife and I decided to try horseback riding during our recent visit to Cabo area. After reading other Trip Advisor reviews, we decided to utilize Cuandra San Francisco since we wanted to make sure we were fitted with a proper horse and given proper instructions. While not the cheapest riding choice, we were very pleased with the experience.

After ariving and disclosing that we were beginner riders, they selected horses to fit our skills and body types. We were then given instructions by our guide and were allowed to practice with the horses at the center until we felt comfortable moving onto the trails. My wife and I selected the 1 hour of canyon riding and 1 hour of beach riding. The two of us have a guide for the entire ride and he was present to help us with any difficulties we had with the horses.

The horses appear to be well taken care of and the guide we had spoke english quite well, was very friendly and informative . Overall, this was a very positive experience and I certainly recommend the center for novices.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank tcubsfan
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience and it is our desire to make our guests at home and comfortable. We believe that it is very necessary to have all our horses very well trained and fed so the experience will be top notch for all levels of experience. We hope to see you again in the future,
Denver
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience on beach tour”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My boyfriend and I recently did a one hour horseback tour with Cuadra San Francisco horsebackriding. We loved the scenic trail to the beach and had a great guide who was very informative and friendly. We were able to run along the beach with our horses, who were both well trained and very responsive. Overall, this was one of many highlights of our trip to Cabo and we would definitely do another tour.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank ToothDr27
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
We are so happy to see your review and are glad that you both had a wonderful experience! Next time try the one hour ride to the hills or the two hour ride to the canyon. You will begin to see another aspect of the Baja Peninsula. As Francisco says, the world looks better from the back of a horse from Cuadra San Francisco! Thank you for taking your time to give us a review!
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“10 years of equestrian experience, CSF is the best yet!”
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Sr. Barrena and Cuadra San Francisco,
Hello this is Aly Lecznar and Family. My mother and I went on your 2 hour combination desert/beach trail ride two years in a row. He have ridden all over the world from the Costa Rican rainforest to the Polish countryside; however, I have never enjoyed a ride as much as my experience at Cuadra San Francicso. Our guides Martin y Jose both were knowledgeable and passionate about horses and the land. The also spoke english very well, and when I attempted to speak Spanish they were very encouraging. I have been riding hunt seat for 10 years so I wanted a young, spirited horse. Falcon was perfect for me, and he was a beautiful and healthy horse. Gorgeous really. He was calm by the beach but also loved to gallop. He was responsive and lively. My mother, on the other hand, is a beginner rider and sometimes fearful. Francisco picked the perfect horses for her that walked and trotted with care. They were not old, but they were still very sweet and healthy. It is refreshing to ride healthy horses like these that seem excited to go out and ride. Cuadra San Fancisco will forever be my favorite place to ride. The desert is enchanting and the beach is breathtaking. I will never forget these rides and hopefully I can do one again soon. I would recommend this place to anyone who has ridden a horse for years and wants an exciting ride for thier level, or for a person who has never ridden before. Francisco was even accomodating enough to let me return with a camera the next day to take a picture with the beloved Falcon. Thank you so much Barrena Family!

-Aly Lecznar

Visited March 2011
5 Thank alecznar
karenosh, Public Relations Manager at Cuadra San Francisco, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Thank you so much for your review! Our main concern is that all of our guests are happy and have a wonderful experience, we like to sell smiles! We are proud of our team and always look to make sure all the horses are well trained and well fed. I really do not think that it would be easy to find the same quality of horses in other stables. When I travel I look to the reviews in Trip Advisor because I feel as though you are getting genuine responses. Again thank you so much for your review, Karen