“Always stay here and love it but did have 1 problem this time”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rosarito
Los Pelicanos Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Rosarito
Reviewed 25 July 2011

i always stay here when coming to rosarito. i stayed in the tio domingo suite,its nice the bathroom is really small but i did lke that there was tvs in each room.check in was easy and ruth was very helpful,i paid for 3 nights. had a massage and facial at the spa and it was wonderful!!!!!! pool is always nice. the problem i had was on the third day,me and my husband left to the beach and my sister in law returned to the room to find security there telling her we were suppose to check out at 12 and we have overstayed,we needed to get our things out immediately. she explained to security and the manager that i had paid for 3 nights not 2 but they insisted she was wrong and to get out! so she came and got me off the beach and i had to run back to get my receipt out of the car showing i had paid for 3 nights,not once did he offer and apology or admit it was his fault.i felt we were being treated like criminals and he was so rude. i dont know if i will come back to the hotel after this expierence and thats a shame

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ladypalmdesert

Reviewed 9 July 2011

Although this hotel has an IDEAL place RIGHT on the beach in downtown Rosarito, I have been there two times , in the fall an din the summer giving them a chance to redeeem themselves but both times were equally awful. The rooms stunk of mildew, both ocean front and the ones in back, were very dark and the sheets had broken shards of glass in them the last time. We shall not return and do not in good conscience suggest anyone else do either..............

Room Tip: just don't go there.........
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank detra76
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Stayed at Los Pelicanos hotel for the May Rosarito Ensenada Bike Ride. Had a third floor beach front suite. Two bedrooms, one bath. Living room also had a sofa sleeper. Could sleep six if needed. View was awesome. Nice, wide flat beach right in front. Clean hotel, not luxurious at all. Brought my own coffee and filters because I knew there was a coffee pot. what I didn't know was that it would be cracked! Never got my coffee. Hotel does have restaurant. They graciously offered us coffee and were kind enough to blend my husbands energy shake.

If you are looking for a good beach front hotel with a pool this could be it. This is bare bones though. No perks. Bring your own coffee pot, iron, hair dryer, and a relaxed attitude and you should be just fine. Views cannot be beat.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bcoupe
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We stayed in the 3rd floor jr suite. It was clean and great views. Bring your own coffee and filters, theres a coffee pot but no cafe! had an excellent breakfast on sunday morning in their resturant. Enjoyed the 1st Rosarito Art Fest! So much talent in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank ajoyce61
Reviewed 23 February 2010

los pelicanos is a gem. its the first place we go when were in rosarito. they have a great bar and restrant , security for the private parking(dont forget to tip the security guard, its way worth it!). when you leave the hotel your in the sand cuz your on a beach :D friendly staff awesome location, los pel. is only about 2 blocks from one of the best lil tamale shops ive found yet its named "tamale inn" and its like 3-4 blocks from papas n beer. great location if you dont trust taxis out there either, everythings in walking distance from the hotel . great shopping , food, and clubs. when we were there we paid from 40 a night to 80 a night depending on the time of year.

NOTE: the first time at los pelicanos i left my purse with the majority of my money (in cash) on the bed and hung a do not desturb sign on the door - LOS PELICANOS IS VERY TRUST WORTHY NOTHING WAS MISSING but i wouldnt ever again assume that whats in my room is safe while im gone.

LAST NOTE: the same day that i left my bag on the bed, we had also left 420 everywhere, but the cleaning lady was kind enough to put it all on a shelf in the room all nice n tidy with a water bottle next to the bong :D i <3 los pelicanos!!!

Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank wo0wo0
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I love Los Pelicanos. I have been going there since the hotel was not even rated. I found out about this place from trip advisor in 2003 and I have gone every year since. I have stayed at other places in Mexico, but none compared to the clean and the tranquil environment. I honestly think that is Baja Mexico best kept secret. I have received the best service from the wonderful staff, I love how the rooms are situated right near the pool so you can walk out and just jump in. Or you can just sit in the spa and look right out at the beach and watch the sunset, while you are being served drinks. I have brought so many friends who were skeptics and every single one of them left wanting to go back the next time. I can honestly say that I have more fun at the hotel, eating from their wonderful restaurant and enjoying the views than I did going to any other bars or clubs in the town. It is close enough to the shopping and nightlife, but far enough away so you don't get the noise and crowds. If you want to enjoy yourself in Rosarito go to Los Pelicanos!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank spanishharlem
Reviewed 10 September 2009

From the beach this hotel does not look like much, and from the side street on the south, it looks old and uninviting, but this is truely a beautiful place. Don't be discouraged by the little side street from the main drag to the hotel entrance. Rooms are big and we paid $60/night for a large room overlooking the pool and beach. For Mexico, the food and drink prices seemed a little high, but what a beautiful view. Unique pool has tiny islands with large palm trees. Pool was ultra clean and althought not heated, was pleasant in August. We liked the smallness of the place. A nice change from the larger places in town. Beautiful beach.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joe_travelerSoCal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
1.2 km away
0.4 km away
Del Mar Inn
Del Mar Inn
#7 of 14 in Rosarito

Been to Los Pelicanos Hotel? Share your experiences!