“Came here expecting more”

Pizzeria TrentaQuattro
Ranked #151 of 195 Restaurants in Rosarito
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar, Brew Pub
Description: Where every pizza is a work of art
Description: Where every pizza is a work of art
Reviewed August 7, 2018

The views are beautiful so if you're in the market for a slow drink then this spot can warrant a trip down from Rosarito but don't go there expecting much more than a cold beer with a good view.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 22, 2018

We were so excited to find this little hidden gem. Well we were left very disappointed with the service and food overall. Keep in mind they pretty much only do wood fired pizza. Within itself that isn't bad but if you're going to do only one thing, it should be easy to nail it. They took two hours for two little pizza's and the flavor was just ok. Honestly the only thing you are paying for is the view and there many other choices around to get that.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

I went to this place with high expectations, that is why maybe I was not impressed. The taste of the pizza was not good, and the place very unconfortable. Sorry

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

I love the view from this restaurant, it is so beautiful! Unfortunately, that is the best thing they have going for them at this time. I made a reservation for Mother’s Day, a reservation that I confirmed twice by phone to assure we wouldn’t lose our preferred table. We arrive 10 minutes prior to our reservation time and they had given our table to another family. Management offered no apologies and proceeded to give us a high-top table in the dirt.
In addition, the service was very slow. Keep in mind this was an early reservation at 5:00pm and they were far from capacity at this time. Our children’s food arrived cold and 15 minutes before I received my food (we ordered all at once, not staggered), and another 10 minutes before my husband got his food. We prefer to eat as a family all at once but I had to eat my salmon as it was getting cold and nearly finished it before my husband got his steak.
We have been going here since it opened and have watched in grow however the service has gone in the opposite direction. They need a larger, and better trained wait staff. I am assuming they are in need of a larger kitchen if meals can’t be prepared and timed correctly to deliver them all at one time, hot… The combination of poor service and poor food timing & quality doesn’t warrant the expensive prices. The high cost has never been the issue when the overall experience matches, which it used to, not anymore.
In conclusion, service is going downhill, kitchen can’t time an order, portions are shrinking and prices are increasing. If you are considering Trenta Quatro for a special occasion I would suggest you not go here. This used to be one of my favorite places in Rosarito, instead for Mother’s Day my kids finished their meals before me, I pretty much ate alone as did my husband. Happy Mother’s Day indeed…

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

Visited with the family and ordered pizza. We ordered the waiters recommendations which were Quatro Carnes, Jack Daniels, Marlin, and Prosciutto. They are really good but nothing out of the ordinary. The pizzas are thin crust which is what I personally prefer but for a party of 9 the food was not enough. We also had pasta which was Ok. We tried the house blue wine which is on the sweet side and also Mezcla de tintos from Baron Balche. The climate was espectacular. I loved the fact that they had a jumping area for the kids and also a play area. I would come again but not mainly for the food because it can get pricey for large parties. Btw The views are gorgeous!

Date of visit: April 2017