“Great visit once again. ”
Review of El Nido

El Nido
Ranked #14 of 192 Restaurants in Rosarito
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to stop for lunch before crossing the border to go home. Since we had stopped in Rosarito for us the obvious choice was El Nido restaurant.
El Nido is a short distance away from the Rosarito Beach Hotel. Since we don't like to park on the street we parked in the lot at the Rosarito Beach Hotel, and then hit their Bar for a drink. The reason for doing that was because the bar will validate your parking for 4 hours. Now our car was in a secure a lot.
As I said it's a short distance to El Nido so we walked and shopped along the way.
El Nido has been in Rosarito for a very long time although I don't know how long. The restaurant is very rustic inside in the Mexican tradition and as you end of the door you see a nice lady making handmade tortillas that are oh so good, and served with each meal. They feature traditional Mexican dishes but also an assortment of game like venison and quail. I had the venison burritos while my wife who is not as hungry as I just went for cheese enchiladas. The food was very good as well as the service.
I recommend El Nido I'm sure you'll find it quite tasty.

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

Well, in this review, we've headed south of the border and have decided to stay in Rosarito, Mexico. We were walking the shops and came across El Nido, a beautiful rustic and lively place. The wait to get in seemed to be the only issue with this lovely place. Fresh handmade tortillas, coupled with the beans and Spanish rice were simple but unbelievable. I enjoyed the shredded beef tacos with tequila while my wife enjoyed her sauteed shrimp. The price for our meal was decent and the service was great. Should you decide to stay and relax with their delicious menu, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

WOW. I was floored. Great steak and shrimp combo!!! Good salad. Good lemonade. Good service. Decent price. Beautiful atmosphere the patio is amazing.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

On our very recent trip to Rosarito Beach from San Diego ( late July 2017) went for dinner here ... twice, excellent food & service both times. Excellent low prices!!!!

Loved the ambiance of lit candles, low lighting && they also make fresh tortillas while you are waiting .. ovens located right in the restaurant. They also bake the potatoes and steaks
in the brick ovens, all very fresh. We Absolutely recommend. Very unique atmosphere with indoor waterfalls and live hanging plants, low lighting, very cozy.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

My Family and I only had breakfast at this place and we really enjoyed the food and atmosphere, We will come back for dinner next time we're in Rosarito, try the Shrimp Omelette,and the prices are very low compared to other places in the area.