“Great experience!!!”

Ranked #46 of 693 Restaurants in Tijuana
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed January 30, 2016 via mobile

Every time we come to Asador Pamplona is a wonderful experience, always very friendly service and the food is awesome!! We had a Cabrales Cheese, salmon with garlic and a great tasting salad. We always come to Asador Pamplona to have awesome food!!!

Reviewed December 15, 2015

Traditional spanish food... in a simple and coussi space...,Food awsome, I recoment you eat tapa all day... grerat place to hang with friend and share "family style" every thing on thr venter so you all can enjoy diferent specialties..

Every thing id cooked in the moment so... be patient.. it's worth the wait.

As all Tascas this is also a Bar... Wine selection is not very extensive, but you can bring you own and pay a very reasonable corkage fee..

Reviewed April 27, 2015

The best thing about this restaurant is the authentic spanish flavor in everything you try... Even the bread is awesome! I love going there with my husband or friends and just ordering tapas and a bottle of wine and having long delicious conversations...

Reviewed April 26, 2015 via mobile

It was my brother-in-law's birthday and he decided to go to this place. It was his bday, so, of course we went and were decided to have a great time... Which we had, but after getting used to the idea that we were not going to get what we expected and wanted.
To be honest, food is ok with traces of good, but since the experience wasn't fully positive, I didn't enjoy it entirely.
I have to start with a story. Not that all my reviews have to start with a story, but this one is to make you understand why I (we) didn't get fully immersed in the concept of Asador Pamplona.
You see, my sister and I started traveling since we were 18 and 16. We used to eat whatever bumped in our way when we were hungry, not much of a discriminatory taste, we just wanted good tasting food.
So, after one of our months long trip, we decided to "detox" for a month; no meat or any kind of living thing (besides fruits and vegetables of course) for four weeks or a little more than that. So we did. And we went on for weeks and weeks and then months. In the end, I started eating fish and then skinless-boneless chicken and turkey breast. My sister is a proud and strict vegetarian up to this day.
My brother-in-law turned 43 today, although he looks like 33 to be fair. He wanted to go to Asador Pamplona, he was curious and wanted to try it.
I got off the car first and got my one year old nephew with Me. My sister and her husband had to park the car in a parking away from the restaurant, for some reason, the parking lot of the restaurant didn't belong to the owner, first complain, this one from my sister, but anyways we were ok and joyful and hungry and all.
We got the waiter to welcome us and as he took us to our table he gave us four pieces of Spanish Tortilla and a little bowl of salsa.
As soon as I took my seat I asked for my favorite Spanish delicacy, lobster croquettes. "We only have ham ones". I don't eat ham or anything like that, sausage, etc. No croquettes for me tonight. Then my sister asked to order a full Spanish tortilla, "we only serve it as a courtesy and we don't sell it as an entree or an appetizer". What? He just gave us some and, to be sincere, it was pretty good. "We don't serve it and I won't ask the chef". We asked to talk to the manager or owner and the server said he won't do it because neither the manager or the owner will serve Spanish Tortilla as an entree or appetizer. She cleared out that she was vegetarian and that S.T. Was the option to eat for her, besides the mushrooms with garlic and a salad, and that she was super hungry, like the rest of the party. No Spanish Tortilla, sorry.
"Can I have some more of that courtesy Tortilla then?". No more courtesy Tortilla either, sorry.
We ordered the mushrooms and the salad and my brother-in-law ordered a steak with red peppers.
When we got the mushrooms, that we strictly ordered fully vegetarian, were cooked with bacon, bacon is meat. My sister was super disappointed and I was like "look at the bright side, you won't have garlic breath and stuff". She was hungry and we had to order another round of "please remember no bacon and nothing that could have walked or swam" garlic mushrooms.
Finally we got them and we eat some. In the end she only got a but of them because by the time they arrived we were all not to comfortable with the bday boy's restaurant of choice. Anyways, we ate and we decided to leave because our waiter's vibe wasn't exactly what we were expecting and also because his vibe kinda shifted ours. Dessert was somewhere else, a good French place not that far. We had to run to the place where the restaurant parking was because it started to rain and we had a toddler we wanted to keep safe and dry.
Conclusion is, what I ate was fine. Nothing super special but it was good. Atmosphere was very "so so", white super cold lighting, chocolate brown furniture and beige, nothing special at all. Service was plain bad. I won't elaborate more.
Like I always say, build your own opinion, maybe you hate Spanish Tortilla and love ham croquettes, also you don't care about good service and warm lighting atmospheres, if that's the case, then be my guest, you might enjoy this place.

Reviewed March 23, 2015 via mobile

The Restaurant is not on the Main Street. We are almost missed it.
But the Restaurant was wonderful.its not too much space but really sweet.
The waiters very nice and food was unbelievable!!!!
We ordered pork , chicken , seafood rice and BBQ fish ! Every dish was delicious !!!
We are love this place! We will come again for sure !!