“It was an okay experiance” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Real Inn Tijuana

Real Inn Tijuana
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Moreno Valley, California
“It was an okay experiance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

The rooms were a decent size and the staff was friendly and helpful. At the time of arrival, they were having difficulties with the system so we had to wait for a while. We arrived late at night with a toddler and an 8 year old. We were all tired and ready to go to the room but had to wait for at least half an hour.

The rooms were nice and clean. The bathroom was nice and roomy but the shower is a hazard. It is slippery and really dangerous to go in and out of the shower. The parking seems safe, the only thing is that you have to make sure you get a ticket to be able to go in and out. I got a ticket but forgot it in the room and they did not let me out of the parking lot until I had it. I had a cousin also staying there that did not receive that ticket and there were not allowed to get out of the parking lot until they had that ticket.

The buffet was really good but they do not accept dollars, you have to be prepared with pesos. I believe that is a new law that they are trying to apply everywhere not just that hotel.

We felt safe and welcome the whole time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed one night on a weekend. The hotel was very quiet. The service was excellent. It's close to everything. There's a mall directly across the street with a Starbucks, food court, lots of great shopping. The mall is very upscale and clean. The hotel staff were extremely accommodating and constantly asked if I needed anything without being pesky or intrusive about it. I felt very safe. Despite what you hear/read about from the media TJ is very safe. I highly recommend this hotel! The room was fantastic. VERY clean and lovely.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

I stayed at the Camino Real on business and was underwhelmed by the whole experience. First, I have to confess that I didn't think much of the city itself, which is crowded and totally devoid of character. The hotel is big and boxy with nothing to recommend it. The carpets are old and worn and really make the place feel dated. In addition, the service was really frustrating-- the check out lines were so long that I actually delayed checking out a couple of times because of the wait.

On the plus side, the bedrooms are large and the beds were comfy. Moreover, they did not have polyester bedspreads, which represent a big "yuk" factor for me. Finally, the breakfast buffet had a lot of choices, including fresh tropical fruit, for a good price.

Finally, I gather this is a good bet because there simply aren't any high end hotels in Tijuana. So I would recommend that, if possible, cross the border and take advantage of San Diego's hospitality.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

Excellent hotel and staff. Location is safe and walking distance to the nice mall. The food was excellent. Ate in both resturants and had room service. Only complaint is that the don't exchange currencies

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

After reading the previous reviews I was concerned about my reservation not been respected I did it thru Expedia and I have to say checking in was fast and trouble free.
The hotel itself its in fair condition but defenetly not to the standards of CAMINO REAL at least with Mexico city.
Parking no problem $15pesos/day which its like $1.25us but no valet available
Room and bath ok, fair.......
Service not bad and not the greatest either, fair......
One thing is for sure I always stay at the Marriot when I have to stay in TJ and this was my
last time exploring others options, Marriot is not even comparable to this hotel altough my visit was trouble free I dont think Im coming back having a Marriot so close.

P.S. No free internet :p ($12 us dlls)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

We had problems since we arrived since they couldn't find our pre-paid reservation through hotels.com and wanted to charge me double the price. Thank God I had my Ipad with me so I was able to pull up the information. I have to say this is by far the worse hotel I have stayed in in the past 5 years. Their customer service is a joke, their personel is very rude and you get an attiutude left and right. The rooms are not cleaned thoroughly. We found the bathrooms very dirty and the carpet was so dirty that my childrens socks were so filthy after half an hour. I can assure you they have never ever cleaned their carpets.
Housekeeping is a pain. We asked for extra towels as we had our 2 children with us and after 45 minutes and 3 calls to the front desk my husband had to go out himself and get them. Then the second day we where there, we called housekeeping and confirmed with the lady at the front desk but surely when we came back after 3 hours our room was still a mess. We also had trouble with the parking. You have a lower rate as hotel guest but this was not respected and the people at the exit charged us triple even though we had our documents to show we where guests and when we tried to settle it at the front desk they did not refund our money at all.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bonvoyagedayana

Travellers are raving about these Tijuana hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

I've been at this hotel a few times already. What I used to do is go to the technology room which is 4 crappy computers in the back and reserve on travelocity/expedia. When I went there THIS time they said I couldn't reserve a room because the rooms are all full. What bs. The hotel is dead and empty. They even closed maria bonita and the other lounges. Then I started to raise my voice. Afterwards they told me I had to pay 120 pesos or 10 dollars to use their tech center. Cheap pentium 4 computers with funny keyboards because its mexico. The reception staff was going to pocket the cash, and I ask for a receipt. then they told me they don't give out receipts...Something really fishy here. I've stayed here before and the room are really noisy especially the one facing the statue. You constantly hear sirens for police and fire trucks run by. And the honking cars go on 24 hours. The air conditioning is ancient. Also be careful of their bathtub. Its raised and has glass door. You could easily trip. The bed as well is ancient.

I swear I probably got bed bugs from the beds at this hotel because after staying here my thigh and back started to itch constantly.

Other than that this is a family hotel and built on its name as the premier hotel in mexico. The single rooms are like 2400+ pesos which comes up to about 200 dollars. They are not much better in class than a motel 6 room. The only good advantage is the location. You are right in the midst of plaza rio where shopping, entertainment, and nightlife are.

Nothing good about this hotel...Travelocity has flexible dates for this hotel. Ask to see the manager if one is not available, you have to give them some heat before you get anything honest here.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo