All reviews location is great nice shower hotel chain room service was great rooms are large beautiful hotel would stay again zona rio starbucks tj intersection dentist brunch
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

It’s not a 4 star, maybe a 3 Star
The room is OK with cheap plastic hangers
You can hear a lot of noise from the hallway and almost as far as the elevators.
Front desk staff didn’t care if I like it or not. They care more about charging for the room than opening a food and beverage account.
Good food and service at the bar and restaurante

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2018

The hotel is lobby is large, spacious, good for a party and there is a Starbucks next door. The food is good. That is about it on the positives.

My room was bare bones. It was a slightly larger Motel 6.

For the same money you can get much better. I am on a 2 week work schedule in Tijuana and I left for a much better place for the same price. When I checked my bill I saw 3 gratuities I did not approve of nor sign for. From my new hotel I have tried to call them and email them ... neither work.

In short ... stay away from this place unless you like disappointment. Or just stay at a Motel 6 in San Diego.

Room Tip: Go to a different place.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank max v
ALVARO V, Director General at Real Inn Tijuana, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Max, thank you for sending me your comments, I regret the inconveniences you had during your stay.
I send you my e-mail (alvaro.vazquez@hotelesrealinn.com) to find out more about the three gratuities you mention in your message and review what happend.

I offer my sincere apologies and I hope you can send me the email with the details of your stay with us; Be sure that it´s in our interest to improve our services and keep our guests happy.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 28, 2017

I have stayed at the TJ hotel a couple times for business, and it is comfortable and well located.

I stayed on the 6th floor which is the executive floor, which is quite pricey but good, and supposedly has a breakfast area -- which I assume is included in the daily rate.

However the selection is limited, and since I had visitors for an early business meeting, we decided better to use the large buffet area off the main lobby. I had to pay for this change.

I had originally paid for the stay on the hotel web site, using a mexican debit card, and despite speaking with the people in the lobby, and the people who apparently had processed my reservation getroom.com by telephone, neither was able to give me a proper mexican receipt.

Instead they sent a standard US receipt, which doesnt have any of the proper codes require for proper deduction in Mexico.

Given this is a Mexican hotel, I made the reservation on payment on the hotel site, and the payment was made with mexican currency, so by law they should provide a proper mexican receipt.

In speaking with the getroom.com person, they said that Canadian have similar problems.

Of course, the result of this problem is that I will have to stay at another hotel in TJ, one that gives proper receipts. So be careful if you are a business traveler.

Room Tip: If you need a proper mexican or canadian tax receipt, probably best to choose another spot.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

Real Inn is conveniently located, rooms are spacious and kept to Real standards. A Starbucks store downstairs is perfect for breakfast and coffee cravings.

On the down side, WiFi is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!! Not even 2 Mbps , a nightmare! Also, they are VERY under staffed. Check in, check out and any questions at lobby will set you back a good 30 minutes or so.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank GerardoFoodie
Reviewed October 26, 2017

This hotel was clean and basic, pretty small room but decent bedding and bathroom products. There was also a lounge with complimentary drinks and snacks available. It is in a busy area overlooking a huge intersection so pollution, traffic and noise are quite high.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business