See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 26, 2015 via mobile

Absolutely in need a makeover...was disgustingly dirty...so much so...we never stayed...we lasted all of 20mins...when we checked in...the smell at reception was enough to put you off, but the rooms, they took disgusting to another level...I would never recommend this resort to anyone ever..

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank angelicabubbles
Reviewed September 7, 2015

We spent the Labor Day long weekend in Mexico..cruising along the beach from Tijuna, Rosarito, to Ensenada. Stayed in this golf resort...our suite came with beautiful ocean view but the room is so typical Mexican design with little maintenance done to keep it up. Carpet was ripped, screen door was broken so we were fighting with mosquitos all night.

Room tip: Go for 2nd or 3rd floor for ocean view.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Susan H
Reviewed June 19, 2015

I am loathe to write something that is less than glowing. However, I appreciate the kindness of other fellow travelers who write about their experiences whether they are terrific or less than adequate.
I searched for 5 star hotels in the Tijuana area and Real del Mar was one of the top options.
I looked at the website and I decided to book a 3 night stay. The room was adequate and available for an early check in. Unfortunately, there were holes in the carpet, the bathroom was antiquated and missing tiles, the stench from sewage was omnipresent on the property, the continental breakfast was abysmal.
The staff was terrific, especially Ali.
It wasn't a bad experience, it just wasn't what the website suggested. The pool and Jacuzzi were not heated and thus we were unable to avail ourselves of those amenities.
We ate at both of the restaurants on the property (not affiliated with the hotel) and they were quite delicious.
I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you adjust your expectations accordingly.
I cannot speak about the golf course as I am not a golfer.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Maria S
Reviewed May 28, 2015

This resort is a beautiful place to getaway. The location is perfect, just north of Rosarito Beach. Nice golf course. Beautiful views. Good value. This hotel could definitely use an update. However, without more positive reviews and more travellers visiting this will never happen. I hope people realize that Rosarito is a safe, and fun place to visit. Real Del Mar is a great place to enjoy Mexico.

Room tip: The top floors were nice! Great Golf Course and Ocean views!
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Brent B
Reviewed May 25, 2015 via mobile

Have some mixed feelings about my stay here. Not a hotel I picked, client booked for me for this biz trip -- which was all-consuming so I didn't get to enjoy "the resort" at all.

Room looked nice until you looked closer. Dead bug in tub + sink, badly torn/shredded screen and ODDLY...no washcloths! Even when I asked, they brought sm guest towels instead -- is that a Mexico thing?

Being there on biz, was Perplexed that the guest computer wasn't working (also noticed it's setup for Spanish looking at the screen). Wifi SUPER dodgy -- took 2 hrs to get a couple emails sent.

Also things like a balcony w sm table but no chairs, just a bit odd. Maybe one English TV station, bkft modest, ok.

It was quiet, w some lovely architectural details incl bricked barrel ceiling, cobblestone street, ocean view. Probably fine for those who don't need electronics and can just slip into R&R mode -- alas, not an option for yours truly on this trip!

Date of stay: May 2015