All reviews free wifi breakfast buffet nice hotel would stay here again zona rio hot water taxis
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

Very good but the wifi doesn't work in room only in the lobby,called the front desk said they would reset the system but did not work. There internet system must be outdated because I have stayed here before , a year back and had the same problem.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Alex M, Gerente at Palacio Azteca Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2017

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Hotel Palacio Azteca as your home when you visit Tijuana and for your comments. We are aware of the internet issues and have addressed them by installing a whole new internet system as part of a major remodel currently underway (scheduled for completion this Spring). We hope that you will visit us again very soon and that your next stay will be to your complete satisfaction.

Sincerely
Alex Montes
Manager

Reviewed February 4, 2017

When you go to Tijuana or anywhere, it's hard to tell if a place is going to be well located or safe. This hotel is situated perfectly in the downtown area of Tijuana, and only minutes from the border. The staff is attentive, calm and trustworthy. I drove my nice car from California and it was kept here safely.
The rooms have everything you need, including plenty of space in the bathroom for women, and irons and ironing boards! All of the staff that I interacted with were very kind and friendly, and spoke good English.
The Agave lounge is small but sweet, and the drinks are a good price. (and they offer peanuts too!)
I had a terrific stay here and recommend this hotel highly!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2017 via mobile

My family and I recently had the pleasure of staying this hotel. We were given a room with an awesome view of the city at night. When we first walked into the lobby, i thought there was a party going on, it turns out it was the bar near by doing karaoke. If you were to stay at this place, I recommend staying anywhere above the 9th floor.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2016

Its a good place to stay, quiet and the place is safe for tourist. The bar has live music and drinks are not too pricy. Enjoyed the Sunday Champaign Brunch it was delicious, pleasant live harp music playing while you eat.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with pool view.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2016

We stayed 2 nights and we will not be returning. On the first night a maid enters the room at 4pm with a room key and upon seeing us she decided that she didn't need to clean the room again or something and left. Only the start of the evening. The shower did not have pressure for the hot side they sent a maintanence guy who had come to the room and then left his tools to return later after we left the room to go eat, we did authorize him to do the work but were afraid to leave any valuables. The pool was icy cold and we saw no one using it. The entrance looks nice but once you go up the elevator to the room floors you can see carpet frayed, cut and doubling, ceiling tiles stained and broken, moulding in the rooms broken and the rooms outdated. There are square cut-outs in the walls and closets to access pipes and the walls are thin and the windows are not doubled-you can hear neighbors and traffic from the busy street below. We asked to be moved to a different room the second night and that is when the real drama began. We were awoken at 1am with people opening our door with a room-key. Luckily there was a chain or the people would have barged right in. We were startled out of our sleep and bewildered to what was happening. Were we about to be robbed or something? The state police had also been using the hotel and earlier we saw one of them walking inside the lobby to the elevator with 2 loaded AR15 rifles. Their police cars were parked in the parking lot below and they were staying at the hotel. In Mexico this kind of thing along with someone barging into your room is very frightening. Another thing you can't park or access your car, you must use their valet parking and the entrance is very narrow and backed-up. Back to the adventure at 1am. After the persons found out the room was occupied they left in a hurry apologizing as they scampered down the hallway. Minutes later Carlos from the front desk calls and asks, who are you? I asked him who he was and why people were entering our room at 1am with a room key and why he was calling us at 1am. He said there had been a problem updating their system(computer?) and the people trying to enter were hotel staff. He told me I could talk to the manager Alex Montes in the morning after he came in between 7:30-8am. He claimed there was no manager at the time to speak to. In the morning I asked to speak to said Alex but alas, he does not work on Sunday. I did speak with the person who identified herself as the person in charge, Barbara. Barbara offered a "deal" on a room until the end of next month, not really a good deal since the price she offered was more than the price I got on-line anyway and did nothing but apologize for the inconvenience and said she could not offer a complimentary buffet or anything else. She also did not have any explanation why the hotel staff was entering our room at 1am. I personally don't trust them and don't plan on returning. Another thing is the ends of the hallways on each floor have a large glass window that opens from floor to ceiling exposing a low metal railing with an opening on the bottom and which are only about 3 feet high, which is definitely a concern if you have children because there is a long drop straight down. I asked them to close and lock the window by our room which they did but this is an accident waiting to happen.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family