“What a wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mario Surf School

Mario Surf School
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Todos Santos
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing is one of the most exhilarating, healthy and natural experiences available. At Mario Surf School we can provide you with the best quality surf instruction, customized to your level of skill to reach your surfing goals!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Mario himself came to pick my husband and I up from the Rancharo Pescadero ( also wonderful), we took a short car ride to the beach where little waves were lapping in the surf. We were than greeted by Chewy and Luis, Marios instructors. We were given wet suits to wear and began our "on beach" instruction. Once they saw we were comfortable we were taken into the waves. My husband got up on his first try, me on my third! It was great! We both continued to do great for the rest of our lesson! We will defiantly use Mario Surf School again! On a side note; there was another company there giving lessons and I was close to a young man who was just getting pummeled by the waves with little help from his instructor.

1 Thank Shields21

San Francisco, California
“Awesome Surfing Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Mario and crew were awesome! My girlfriend and I had a blast with them. I would highly recommend surf school with Mario to anyone who wants to learn from the best!

Visited January 2012
Livingston, Montana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

My 7 yr old took a lesson and had a great time. Her instructor, Luis was great with kids

Visited November 2011
Fort Collins, Colorado
“outstanding, confidence building and sheer fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Mario’s surf school. There is a reason it’s called school. It’s all the good parts you remember about school. The instruction is outstanding, they have fun, they are safe and watch out for you. My husband and I went down to Mexico for the first time over the holidays. We had never surfed prior to going but had a healthy appreciation for waves and the power of water. Los Cerritos Beach is an amazing place to surf and learn to surf. There are “mellow waves” on the right and “powerful waves” on the left. We began with “on the beach” instruction with Mario who has run this school for several years and is an outstanding surfer himself. We then went out with Chuy who is happy, funny and also an outstanding instructor. Chuy would be right next to us on his board and had impeccable timing when it came to giving us the acceleration needed to be in the best position to catch the wave. No matter what the outcome (standing and riding the wave or having a good wipe out) he would either shout a crazy Mexican hoot (if you stood) or tell you what you did wrong if you did not. So fun and instructive. We would wait for Chuy’s OK to come back out as navigating the surf can be tricky in the beginning. He kept an awesome eye on us and was incredibly talented. All in all, we took 3 surf lessons from Mario and Chuy and rented trainer boards from Mario for the entire two weeks we were there. By the end of it we were surfers. Well, not good ones, but we understood the waves and could catch them and had a blast. Even on days we were not taking lessons Mario and Chuy would watch us out there and give us pointers, explain the conditions and generally just be our staunch supporters. We learned that surfing takes dedication and most people take a long time to “get it”. We are still “getting it” but had a blast in our introduction and holiday due to Mario and Chuy. We left leaving two good friends in Mario and Chuy and, if you are considering taking surfing lessons, you should not look further. Their charges are quite reasonable and worth every penny. My husband and I look forward to going back and have already talked about figuring out when we can do a surf camp with them. Thank you Mario and Chuy for a wonderful and instructive holiday! Laurie and Jim

Visited December 2011
Minneapolis
3 attraction reviews
“Best surfing experience *ever*”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

The instruction on shore was brief, and skipped all the safety stuff we've gotten in similar lessons elsewhere in the world. In part that's because it wasn't needed: there were very few rocks in the water, and no stinging wildlife.

The helpers in the water spoke no english, which was a little inconvenient, but it worked out great for us, because they showed us where to set up for the waves, helped with the timing, and gave a little push when necessary, and with the terrific conditions on the Los Cerritos beach that was all we needed to get up and surfing!

Visited December 2011