“So Charming!”

chez Laura
Ranked #11 of 105 Restaurants in Todos Santos
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: French
Description: chez Laura, The Affordable French Restaurant in Todos Santos, Mexico. Home Made Paté and Patisserie. Garden, cozy ambient as well as a Fine Menu that changes every day. Full Bar and Happy Hour.
Reviewed March 22, 2017

If you like foie gras this dish is not to be missed. Love the setting and love the food. The chef is also the owner and loves what he does.

1  Thank maggiesebastian1

Reviewed March 12, 2017

After six nights of amazing Mexican fare, my wife and I were ready to zag. Chez Laura had been recommended by a number of locals, and we were not disappointed: a cobblestone path leads you from the dusty road into a quiet oasis of absolutely jungle-like vegetation and water features. We were promptly seated in a candle-lit open-air garden, after being greeted by the chef. Unsure of the storage techniques for wine in the desert, we ordered a modest French burgundy we knew from home and were impressed. I was surprised to see foie gras on the menu and opted instead for a house-made pork rillette, which was good. My entree, a seafood en papillote with shrimp, onions, mushrooms and a spinach mousse, was amazing...and only $12. After dessert (an incredibly rich pots du creme of chocolate mousse and Grand Marnier), I asked the chef about the foie: he sources it from a French company in Guadalajara that makes it there. Next time...

1  Thank jamieatl
Reviewed March 11, 2017

One of the best restaurants in Todos Santos! We love Chez Laura and the owners Laura and Michele are the best hosts and super friendly. Great staff, food, wine and atmosphere! If you are visiting Todos Santos Chez Laura should be on your must do list!

1  Thank Loretanamama
Reviewed February 25, 2017

My wife an I were staying in Todos Santos as part of a week long trip up the Baja from Cabo San Lucas. She had eaten here before with friends and wanted me to see how good it was. In Short I was not disappointed. We had called ahead for a reservation, so when we arrived we were seated promptly. Our table was secluded amongst the lush vegetation. The owner and chef's wife greeted us and helped with a wine selection. It was very good. We ordered our meal, starting with an appetizer of "the board." Cheeses and pates. I ordered the lamb, one of my favorites. A few minutes later she returned to say they didn't have enough lamb for a full serving. I was somewhat disappointed, but order the beef Wellington. It was superb. As a bonus they also brought me a portion of lamb at no charge. It was delicious. I will return so that I can get a full portion of lamb.

1  Thank JDJD2015
Reviewed February 13, 2017

Off the road a bit but dining in their wonderful little courtyard amongst the trees and garden is always a pleasure. Service is attentive but not intruding and food is consistently good. Worth your time to try if you are in Todos Santos.

1  Thank John B