“wi-fi connection a waste of time”

Camino Real Saltillo
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Saltillo
yorky in mex
“wi-fi connection a waste of time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2007

Stayed at the Camino Real through April 2007 and despite it's so called 5 star reputation I was not too impressed. The biggest problem for me was the lack of wireless internet connection that dogged me for the 3 weeks I stayed here,it was one excuse after another until finally I checked out and found another hotel. The rooms are shabby and very downmarket and are in need of a total revamp. I visit Mexico on a regular basis and I will not be staying here again. I have to be honest there are much better hotels to stay at than this one. The restaurant and staff were good with no problems although I thought the male receptionist was a little too arrogant for my liking.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
austin, texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2006

I am a female driving alone with my cat and don't drive in dark in mexico. It was late and I needed a safe place for car and me.
my room was nice- quiet and motel like arrangement with trees to cover the car mostly. The bar area was friendly and service great. Also had internet use in side lobby area.I plan to stop over again on way to lower parts of mexico. I will book on-line next time I think the rates are better although i got a weekend special.

1 Thank sueki
Laredo, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2005

I had a chance to stay at Camino Real-Saltillo on June 25-27, 2005 and I had some concerns with the way Camino Real manage this particular hotel. I had stayed at several other Camino Real Hotels in Mexico and without exception they are top line.
Installations and hotel location was excellent, very nice views of the Saltillo Mountains from the hotel as well as good front desk service.
Problems were abundant at the restaurant "Los Azulejos" where the restaurant would bring to your table whatever they had on hand. I ordered a specific dish a la carte and they brought the dish with at least half of the side items missing. When I asked to review the menu again they stated to me that they had forgot one item so they brought it. So I was short 2 side items. I was charged completely for the dish eventhough it was not what I had ordered. Breakfast Buffet is their attraction which by the way I felt was extremely expensive ($13 U.S dollars) for Saltillo Mexico. Coffee at the room was charged ($1.00 USD) but the room crew would not replace new coffee at following mornings. It seems they wanted you to call front office to request additional coffee so they would bring it and you would tip them again. I would probably think twice before I stay at this particular hotel again.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank Garzalar

Travellers are raving about these Saltillo hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2004

Used hotel for buisness travel for 1 week and found they have excellent service and commitment to serve you to meet expectations. Food is awsome specially breackfast and dinner.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2004

While visitng my fiancee, now wife, in Saltillo I stayed in most of the major hotels except the Hampton. Camino Real is hands down the best in Saltillo. For reasons I've never understood their rates are one-half those charged at other Camino Reals but you get the same Four Seasons/Ritz-Carlton type of service. Their two restaurants have the best view of the Sierra Madre in Saltillo. Their breakfast is the best in Saltillo and dinner ranks with the top three or four restaurants. The only two drawbacks are 1) its located 10 minutes from downtown, but so are most hotels, except the San Jorge and Urdinola, and 2) the rooms are not overly large. The second is irrelevant in that all room are on the ground, have patios and picture window views of the mountains, and the grounds are flawlessly kept.

• Stayed June 2004, travelled on business