All reviews pools were clean restaurants and bars hotel staff floor vacation bay sunset miguel
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

This is the worst service ever, the people is only focused in their job not to attend the customer, facilities are old and in very bad conditions
Beach is full of bad people and no security on it.
No towels on the room, safe box not working and nobody cares even reported.

Date of stay: March 2018
3  Thank Ricardo M
Reviewed March 2, 2018

The rooms are excellent, especially the suites with their 20 foot balconies overlooking Acapulco Bay. Perfect weather and sea temperatures with hotel staff available for all our needs. Rooms clean and fresh and great food from the beach side restaurant. Already booked for 2019.

Room tip: The 650 rooms all have a full or partial view of the bay, Top 6 floors have the option of club rooms with VIP lounge, food and drinks. .
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

If I would have done a decision by the bad Reviews it would have been a bad Choice on me. Great place for my Family, Room was awesome,the kid's loved the pools n the Beach. 600 sqft room was very Spacious with a great view of the Beach n pools. Walking distance to a lot of great restaurants n which there restaurants were awesome especially Thursday. We were on floor 11. Enjoyed all 4days.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Paulina T, Gerente at Grand Hotel Acapulco, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind note regarding your recent visit to Grand Hotel Acapulco & Convention Center.

I am very pleased to know that you have a great vacation and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your nice comments regarding our staff. I will make sure they receive these note.

I trust that you otherwise enjoyed Acapulco and hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for my sister-in-law’s wedding and everything was perfect; from the smooth check-in, the helpfulness of the staff, the incredible views from the 16th floor, the delicious and well presented breakfast to the amazing beach wedding...highly recommended, great value for money and total security

Dear Guest,

Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

This is not a 5 star hotel!! We initially got given a room on the 8th floor. The room was disgusting. The bathtub was rusty and dirty and there were mug marks on the cupboards. When we complained to reception they said they will send a cleaner, after an hour wait and 2 phone calls someone finally came and said there is nothing they can do, it's just old. We went back to reception to complain and were given a room on the 12th floor. Although it was cleaner it was still no where close to a 5 star standard. Electricity plugs falling out, sink rusted through, mold. When we told reception they said there is nothing they can do.

Additionally wifi is awful, you hardly ever get it! You have to pay for parking and to get a lounger at the beach. By the pool the animation team organises activities in Spanish only (when we told them we dont speak Spanish no attempt was made to speak English) and throughout they shout out food and drink offers that they have at the restaurants. Feels like you are at a theme park. Most days by 7.30am all loungers were taken up by people leaving there towels. Beach is packed and full of vendors selling anything from jewellery to food. Its not relaxing at all as you get interrupted every few minutes.

When we went for a walk on the beach in the evening it was filthy, plastic cups and plates were everywhere

Evening entrainment seems to be Karaoke most nights and takes place....in the lobby. So when you walk around the hotel you can hear peoples singing efforts.

This is at best a 3 star hotel. It should not be advertised as a 5 star. We have made a complaint to booking.com

The only positive about this hotel is the location as its walking distance to restaurants and bars. If you are looking for high standard do not stay here!!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paulina T, Gerente at Grand Hotel Acapulco, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen the Grand Hotel Acapulco for your recent stay and taking the time to forward us your comments through Trip Advisor. It is comments such as yours that allow us the opportunity to monitor our hotel operation more closely.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you had experienced whilst staying with us. At the same time may I thank you for your critical feed-back which will surely help us to improve our services and standards in the future. Please be assured that measures will be taken to improve our service.