1,074 results
All reviews sister hotel public beach hotel management long weekend breakfast buffet ocean view fairmont princess pools properties loungers pesos
Reviewed April 1, 2016

I stayed for three days with my family in order to enjoy Acapulco. I had stayed there and at the Princess when they belonged to Fairmont chains, and everything was usually impecable.

This is the first time I've stayed since it's changed management, and some basic things seemed to have slipped. In the lobby, the reception clerk told me they were going to give me a nicer room. "Wow, how nice", I thought, only to find that my room was not only quite standard, but it was missing the toilet seat altogether. Obviously chagrined, I called reception and they said they would come right away to fix it.

After waiting for a long time, I gave up and did my business "eagle" style, but went to reception to complain again. They didn't offer any compensation so I took the liberty of asking for at least a complimentary cocktail for each of us, and they complied.

Later at the pool, with my complimentary ticket, I got a feeling that the waiter seemed to want to pull a fast one. He brought the drinks but said that two of them were not included in the complimentary ticket, even though I specifically asked him before, and house domestic well drinks were included. When I told him to take them back, he said never mind, they were. I hate to judge, but I got a feeling he wanted to pocket the cash, and to make it worse, I was still charged for the beer and had to argue with the other waiter that it be taken off the bill. Two headaches in the first few hours.

The next day, when I returned from the beach and was about to jump in the shower, I found that there were no towels in my room. Thank goodness I wasn't wet, and was able to get dressed again and call for towels. The excuse was that they didn't have any available in the morning. Seven hours had passed from when I saw housekeeping enter our room to clean it. Really??

Ok, those were the bad things, but it's still pretty clean, the waiter in the restaurant was quite kind to me, and the valets were really quick with getting our car.

Perhaps I'm biased because I have my previous experiences to compare with, but these basic things make the difference. Management should be careful in order to keep the reputation of the hotel as it has been for decades.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
PierreMundoImperial, Director de Operaciones at Pierre Mundo Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2016

Dear Maria, we are reviewing your comments with the leaders in charge of each area in order to prevent this from happening to anyone else. We are committed to providing the best experience to our guests and will work hard to make up for the shortcomings, upon your next visit. Best regards, Pawel Kowalewski, Director of Operations.

Reviewed March 21, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at the Pierre for the past 23 years. We have been through all the numerous management and name brand changes over all the years. Our visit this year I can honestly say was the best one yet! Many of the former staff has remained and the new staff members are young and quite educated, very helpful and warm - more than eager to satisfy any need you may have. Every new staff member from the pool boys through upper management went out of their way to introduce themselves and become familiar with us. Each and every person was pleasant and went out of their way to please as always. Service is of the highest quality and better than ever. The new management has already started making small changes in the Pierre and the day to day maintenance of the grounds are much better. Our room had no issues whatsoever as I have read other reviews stating otherwise. Yes it is an older property but that is what gives it it's ambiance and I wouldn't want it any other way. The Pierre is simple and quiet - the way it was designed to be. It is a hotel for those who want to relax and enjoy the simpler and forgotten days of life. Beautiful scenery, wonderful people, sun, quiet and relaxation. No hustle and bustle just rest and simple enjoyment.
The new F&B manager Eric along with the new executive chef Walter, and the additional help of Daniel have brought the dining experience to a new level. The quality of the food was the best yet and absolutely exquisite. Tabachin is an experience not to be missed. The staff in all the restaurants were on their toes and accommodating in every way to ensure a good dining experience and the breakfast buffet was very plentiful.
The hotel is experiencing a new and renewed lease on life and the staff morale is at an all time high thanks to the incredible management team. The general manager has set the bar high for his staff and treats them like his family and they aim to please. Good things are in store for the Pierre and this is an experience not to be missed!
I can nothing less than this hotel is our own personal paradise that we look forward to returning to our "home" each and every year for years to come.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PierreMundoImperial, General Manager at Pierre Mundo Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2016

Dear Debbie N,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property!
Wow! What a treat to read! Is always a pleasure to hear from our guests.
We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stay. It is indeed a great place to relax!
We will see you next year!

Reviewed February 18, 2016 via mobile

Great service and amenities at this resort with a private beach. My family had reservations for a luncheon on Super Bowl Sunday and still felt like VIP as the staff were expecting us and helped us through the day (special thanks to Paul!!). Food was plentiful and delicious! With six adults and a baby, we were able to find lounges between the pool and private beach and enjoy the fantastic amenities! Beautiful location and great service!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
PierreMundoImperial, General Manager at Pierre Mundo Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2016

Wow! Thank you LorenaDiAdamo for this incredible review, it is always a pleasure to hear from our guest, and when they share comments like yours, just make our day perfect!
Volkmar Holner

Reviewed February 14, 2016

This was my third visit to the Pierre. The hotel now has a new owner and new management. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. The front desk is one of the best, I have experienced in my many years of travel. They are like "family" and take care of their repeating guest. I met several couples who have stayed at this hotel for many years and like me, they keep coming back.

Room tip: Most rooms have an ocean view.
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Ronald K thank you so much for your kind words about our property! Wow! What a treat to read! Is always a pleasure to hear from our guests.
I hope you keep us in mind the next time you travel to Acapulco.

Reviewed February 7, 2016 via mobile

It's been a nice place to get rest and it's employees are kind and friendly people. Definitely it's an excellent option for vacations! Prices are a little high but the place is too big and nice. Food tastes delicious.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
PierreMundoImperial, General Manager at Pierre Mundo Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2016

Arita M, thank you so much for your kind words about our property! Wow! What a treat to read! Is always a pleasure to hear from our guests. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you travel to Acapulco.