See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 29, 2018

It just so happened that the week we were there beach access was closed off due to rip tide and big waves. This resulted in massive crowds at the pool area. It was impossible to find a table or lounge chair. The pool area is pretty small. The other unappealing part was the hotel towels and sheets. The towels were dingy and brown.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GerenciaCopacabana, Community Manager at Copacabana Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Good morning, thank you very much for taking a moment to value our services.. We are very sorry to know that your last visit, wasn't totally satisfactory. We will do our best to be able of improve a lot more in all aspects. Have a very good week.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

The hotel is perfectly located, view of the ocean is breathtaking, presents good quality, offers a large menu and a selection of alcohol drinks, and friendly staff is always there for you happy to assist any time you need.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GerenciaCopacabana, Community Manager at Copacabana Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Good morning! Thank you very much for taking a moment to value our services. It's been such a pleasure to have you here with us, we're so glad to know that your last visit has been simply wonderful.. Please come back soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2018

I was in Acapulco last week with my Family, (June 18-22, 2018), we stayed at Copacabana. The best part of this hotel is the service, from the moment we arrived, we were greeted for a person from security (Mr. Eduardo), right away he helped us to with our luggage, par our car and direct us to front desk. Desk service team was great helping and filling all our needs (especially Miss Karen). Rooms were cleaned every day, hotel was clean, staff was always willing to help us. Our stay was a good experience. Thank you again Eduardo and Karen.

Room Tip: stay at hotel during the week, not to many people.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
GerenciaCopacabana, Community Manager at Copacabana Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Good morning! Thank you very much for taking a moment to value our services, it's been such a pleasure to have you here with us. We're so glad to know that your recent experience in our facilities, has been simply wonderful. Have an excellent weekend.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

The hotel is quite old but not in a good way. It is run down and not clean. I suppose if you're looking for a hotel on the beach, in Acapulco, it fits the bill. We had to wear a wrist band and I have no idea why as we weren't part of the "all inclusive". We were tired and just wanted something to eat in the hotel, all they had was a buffet that was average at best. We actually left a day earlier than we planned as we just didn't want to stay there.

As we were leaving I fell as they had left water on the floor after cleaning. I had someone ask me if I wanted to see a Dr but I really wasn't that badly hurt, just a little shaken and bruised. I did get the following "cya" e-mail, which I found rather insulting, but kind of funny, rather than caring :)

Ms.
Ref.- Hab. 1414
19/20 Feb. ‘18

Dear Mx.

First, we Thank you for your stay with us.
I receive the reportó Reading your incidente as chile you were taking trué the lobby you s falta

Our Front Desk Mgr. offered you to be atended by the in mouse Doctor, and you decide that is was not necedad

Hope you are dong fine

Regards

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gldret
GerenciaCopacabana, Community Manager at Copacabana Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Good morning! Thank you very much for taking a moment to value our services and for sharing your experience with us. We are truly sorry for the inconvenient that you are kindly mentioning here. We will put special attention to the details remarked, to be able to improve even more in all aspects. There must have been a confusion, we offer you a very sincere apology, it was not our intention to insult you in any way. Like you said, our personnel tried to serve you in the best way they could and offered you the attention of the inhouse doctor with no charge. Fortunately, to channelize you with a doctor wasn't necesary like you mention here and we were really glad to see that you were fine, although a little shaken. We really hope to be able to serve you again in future opportunities. Have a very good week...

Reviewed January 13, 2018

Firstly, I had a good vacation...there was plenty sun- super everyday..the sea is so awesome....Those alone are 50 percent taken care of right there. The rest are variables and that's why I think this resort has higher potential.
I prefer to chose the all inclusive when I vacation...At Copacabana, It was obvious not all the staff knew about it or what was covered in the package & wrist band. This was pretty frustrating a few times and a bit embarrassing when you leave the dining room to have someone come after you to pay... Thankfully, there were days when I received superb service ...staff who knew their guest and how to take care of them. .. I honestly did not tip as much I normally do at meal times due to this issue.... Only a three persons may have gotten a tip.....
The front desk was good at responding to requests. even if you had to call twice a solution would be on the way...Also good English is spoken by a few... ( I speak a little Spanish which helped)
Hotel Lobby is open concept allowing outside fresh air to circulate..pretty refreshing. There are three Excellent working elevators...no waiting. Room on 15th floor spacious with a decent view of ocean... King size Bed comfortable, Bathroom spacious and clean ....plenty counter space with a lovely tile decor.
Bonus-- Location is right on the strip and lots to see & do...The strip never sleeps...always a Latin beat to be heard & restaurants going into the wee hours for a late nite bite if desired. The Acuario resto at the hotel I enjoyed the food. It was always fresh, delicious and good variety. The temperature and handling of food was of high standard..I am picky that way so it was good to see... The shows at night at the hotel were not advertised sufficiently and as a result the patronage was low. I went a couple times to see an empty or a couple folks only then I opted for the strip...ALSO Why are drinks not all inclusive in that location..I.. ended up paying for my drink that I thought was covered?? Did not make sense when since i need to leave after 10pm to get the same included drink at Margaritas bar...
Generally, the Mexicans are friendly and that is always a warm feeling whenever I visit Mexico...Accounts for a big part of a good vacation. Even with the crime challenges that were present in Acapulco, If I did not think about it, I never felt unsafe or afraid. Just as I would anywhere else exercise precaution.
Consistency... Consistency... This will bring Copacabana to 4-5 star **** Good Luck!

Stayed: January 2018
GerenciaCopacabana, Community Manager at Copacabana Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Good morning! Thank you very much first of all, for choosing to spend your vacations with us... It's been a pleasure to have you here, even when international news could suggest something different. Acapulco is, and will always be waitting for our visitors to have a marvelous time, whenever they get the possibility to come. We're so glad to know that your last experiencie here, was simple great. We will put special attention to the details that you're kindly mentioning to improve even more in all aspects. We are at your service, have an excellent week.