All reviews chahue bay santa cruz beach manager ricardo on site restaurant central location mountain view la crucecita top floor lovely pool the general manager would definitely stay here again minute walk private balcony big pool quiet at night rooms are spacious two double beds
Reviewed March 21, 2018

Princess Mayev is a very well kept, beautiful hotel with excellent service. The manager Ricardo is exceptional at making sure your stay is wonderful. The rooms are clean and the restaurant is excellent food and the waiters/waitresses are fantastic! The prices for both hotel and restaurant are very reasonable as well. Jose was one of our daily waiters and he was awesome! We will definitely go back without hesitation! Thank you to Princess Mayev for making our holiday a fun, relaxing and unforgettable experience!

Room Tip: We had ocean view, but the rooms on the other side have a fantastic view of La Crucesita!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank June C
Reviewed March 20, 2018

I would like to commend the entire staff for making my recent stay at the PM a pleasant and relaxing holiday.
Everyone did a great job to make sure everything went as planned. The front desk( Princessa) and the manager, Ricardo , deserve a special Gracias!
Good food, Nice view, Central location and a relaxing pool.
One recommendation---find a way to get a bit more shade at the pool ( I heard this from many of the other guests as well ) . Triangle shade covers are inexpensive , are easy to move around, hold up well in the wind and would work well to provide more shade for guests.
I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Wifi can be spotty in certain areas
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank markobear1
Reviewed March 20, 2018

I like to start my reviews with 3 titles, the good, the bad and the awful, but as far as the Princess Mayev is concerned, it's all GOOD.

Our stay was for two weeks, but we could have stayed for longer. On arrival, Ricardo, the manager was waiting to greet us and the check-in was without issue. Our bags were carried to our room and the air-conditioning, fan and TV remotes were all explained to us. The room was lovely, with comfortable beds, a good shower, a lovely balcony, with a gorgeous view of the ocean, but nearly best of all was a screen on the door.

The restaurant is lovely and it too, has the same ocean view as the rooms and as the Princess Mayev is up on a hill, there is always a gentle breeze to keep things cool. The breakfast menu is substantial, but we were happy with the Continental, which was a fruit plate, toast and coffee. I can't say enough about the soups, truly wonderful, which we had most lunches.

Now the pool, or should I say pools, because there are 2, a large one in the front, just about the whole length of the building and a smaller one at the back. We spent a good portion of our holiday by that pool, just dipping, reading, relaxing and loved every moment of it.

I don't have a single negative thing to say about the staff either, because across the board, from Ricardo down, (reception, dining room, cleaners, gardeners) they were all charming and helpful, even when we had a few language glitches.

I do have 3 pieces of advise and they are: 1) if you have mobility issues, this is not the hotel for you, as there are lots of stairs 2) if you want to be on the beach, this is not the hotel for you, because the closest beach is a 15 minute walk, or a 5 minute cab ride and 3) if you don't like heat, don't go in March/April, go earlier in the year.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Susan L
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We spent a very nice week in this beautiful hotel with my friend. We had the ocean view and straight way from our room to the pool. The weather was perfect all the time and we really enjoyed the sun and the pool. The location is also perfect for us, near the centrum and also very close to the beach. You can walk almost everywhere or take a cheap taxi from place to place. The location also felt very safe. The general manager and all the hotel staff were really nice and they made all our wishes come true. The room was really clean all the time and we had super comfortable and big beds. The hotel reataurant Xima is the best restaurant in Huatulco that we visited during the week. The menu is full of delicious food and the food comes to the table with very nice layout. The prices are also very reasonable and the quality of the food is always great. The restaurant staff is also very polite and attentive. The waiter who served us first time remembered my special diet during the whole stay. I want to visit this place again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2018

We are a family of 4 and rented one of the Villas. There is a king size bed and a full sized murphy bed. The small pool on the balcony is about the size of a hot tub, but a perfect spot to cool off at the end of the day. Loved the balcony with a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. It's a mountain view and looks down onto some gardens. You can hear a little street traffic, but it's not awful. Ricardo, the manager is incredibly welcoming and helpful. Do NOT book a private bay snorkel tour before you arrive as Ricardo can do it for you. The prices I saw on Tripadvisor were $300 for the day; we booked it at the hotel for $150. We had breakfast at the restaurant each morning and it was fresh and plentiful with a full view of the bay. Would most definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family