5,656 results
All reviewssnorkel beachmar sectionthe mexican restaurantbelly dancermiddle beacha la carte restaurantsfishmain beachla crucecitael mexicanosecret beachmain barbella vistaclub medtennis courtssnack barbird watching
Reviewed January 19, 2006

My Family and I stayed at the las Brisas on the 12-19. I am 15 an loved it. I was reading some other peoples reviews ans they said teenagers will be bored! Well maybe at night time but i sure enjoyed every minute of my stay! The entertainment crew was soo fun! We played ebach volley ball everyday! We laughed and had fun! They also had other activities goin on as well. ping pong tournements water areobics in the pool football or soccer at night. There is casino night when they give you fake money and you play games and such.. if you win more money then you can tade it in for prizes and if you don't win then you might have to jump in the pool haha! There was a kareoke night and that was very fun! Lets Just say Me and Marco are amazing singers!(not) haha. Anyways the enertainment crew was awsomee! Now don't get me wrong I feel that there needs to be more night life but they are trying. The resort has only been open for 2 years. The beach boys down at the far beach were awsome to. Always ready to help you with anything. There is kayaks availible, windsurfs and catermarans. The beach boys are always there early and are always wiling to talk to you and tell you a little bit about Hautulco. The hotel is very clean. Eerytime I was in the buffet I saw someone washing the floors and such. The food is not that bad. Many people complain but if you are expecting what you eat at home then don't go. You are in Mexico expect mexican food!!! It bothers me when people complain about little things like that! Deal! Its not BAD! The beaches are fonominal but the water color isn't like the carribean! Oh well the beaches rock! The rooms are very nice. Clean always and very large. Oh Man I just loved the bathroom,very big, the shower is soo cool! My family and I were so busy that we never got to try the alacarte restaurants but we heard form friends that the mexicana was the only good one. Now for the town. La Crucecita. I felt very safe there and it was quite clean. Some people speak english and alot don't. If that bothers you then stay home! If a Mexican person came to Canada and saay went to Calgary do you think that the majority of people will be able to speak spanish to them? NO! Give it a rest you are in a spanish speaking country! I felt that the shops and stores were quite cheap didn't have to barter much. Much cheaper than cancun. People were always freindly and in my mind not to pushy. My family and i rented a funny car from in front of the Barcello. It was sure funny alright! But quite fun we got to see a few of the bays around and they are beautiful! We stopped at Magauey and ate a lobster and shrimp lunch at the El costeno. Very Very good! The salsa was fabulous! well in not so many words I had A AMAZING time hope to go back soon!

15  Thank Natasha L
Reviewed January 17, 2006

Room had an oceanview, and we watched the sunrise from our bed every morning. Stayed in Estrellas- 3rd floor-big bathrooms with 2 sinks, shower with hot water, comfortable beds, and clean.
Didn't do any tours with hotel- did one with Hurricane Divers- amazing-$50 US for 1/2 day of snorkeling(included gear, drinks, and canadian guide). Went into town to eat 3 times-Val el mar in Santa Cruz, and another one across from the Gala- one in Santa Cruz was better. Very Hot there! I pre-tanned, and put 30 SPF on each day, lots of people looked burnt, and had heat stroke.
Check out massages there- got good reports from people that used them- hut off the beach(main beach).
3 pools -lap pool 50 meters, kids pool, and adult pool. Lots of stairs and walking, but you can always take a shuttle- there is lots of them. Staff always willing to help you out even though they don't speak a lot of english. Good for families, couples looking for relaxing times. Not a lot of night life, and the activity staff try to get things going(however give up when no one wants to join in)Golf is close by-$2.50Us by taxi, cost is under $60US for a round of golf- tough course-water hazards and trees in the middle of the greens.
Had a great time and will return to the area, as it is honest, friendly, and throughly enjoyable.

18  Thank Bubba73
Reviewed January 12, 2006

6 of us just returned from a week at Las Brisas. The hotel property is probably one of the prettiest ones we have ever stayed at. The water and beach is very clean. The snorkelling right off the beach was just as good as the place we went on a boat tour one day. Another added perk is the wildlife. There were a ton of birds, iguanas, and some furry critters about 2 feet tall crossed our path one night.

The rooms are very clean, and the beds are not as hard as the usual Mexican hotel beds. We were in the Mar villa, and had a spectacular ocean view. The shower was huge and there were coffee makers in the room. The mini bar is stocked daily with one soda, two waters and two beers. We thought if we tipped the mini bar guy we might get a few more cervesas. Well, it did't work for us, but one of the other couples was getting up to a 6 pack a day.

The food wasn't too bad by buffet standards, but as usual it gets pretty repetitive after a week. The service staff was very friendly, and really attentive, especially if there was tipping involved.

The only reason I would not reccommend this hotel is the lack of night life. If you are young at heart and like to go all night, this would not be the place for you. We went to the disco one evening, and had some pretty good laughs watching people walk in, see how empty is was, and walk right out. Mind you, we also went into La Crucicita a couple of nights, and really couldn't find any night life there either.

So, in recap, if you want a relaxing vacation, in a beautiful location, with very friendly people, I would definitely reccommend Las Brisas.

24  Thank MitchieO
Reviewed January 11, 2006

My boyfriend and I were there 29th Dec - 5th January. We had a great holiday and came home nice and relaxed, but wished we could have stayed longer! Spent most of the time on the beach near the Mexican restaurant, where we could go snorkelling right off the beach. There is a reasonable reef with many fish, worth bringing your own snorkelling gear if you have it and like to go into the sea often to cool off! Pools were fine, although we prefered the beach to get away from the music.

We only did one tour which was the Bay Tour. Fairly good, you go on a large boat and stop in a couple of bays to snorkel (you can hire the equipment) and another bay for lunch (which you have to pay for separately). Nice to get out the hotel for a day.

New Years Eve they put on an excellent evening with a live band, good buffet and excellent service. Food in general was reasonably good. The Asian and Morrocon A la Carte restaurants were excellent, Mexican was OK. It is worth taking US$1 bills with you for tips, not a lot to us, but greatly appreciated by the staff. Tip the drink boy on the beach a couple of times during your trip and you wont have to move!

We went into La Crucecita twice for food for a change. We would highly recommend Sabor de Oaxaca (Mexican food!) and Il Giardino del Papa (Italian). The food and atmosphere at both were excellent. Also did a bit of shopping in the town. The town is worth a visit just to wander around and soak up the atmosphere, and is perfectly safe, taxis were $3 each way.

We were in the Estrelles Village, rooms were nice, comfortable and large. Yes there are a lot of steps, but it didnt bother us, the higher you go the better view you get! If you do have problems with mobility though this might be a problem, but I believe they have some disabled rooms and they have golf carts to ferry people around in so you dont have to walk everywhere if you dont want to!

Yes we would go again, but we rarely go to the same place twice as we like to experience different places! But we would recommend this place to anyone.....

• Stayed: December 2005
24  Thank Storyteller33426
Reviewed January 10, 2006

Just back from a week at Las Brisas. What was good? The grounds are lovely, the staff are friendly and eager to please, the food at the buffet very good. Kim, the Sunwing rep was very helpful. Weather was gorgeous every day and the setting is beautiful. Not so good.... got tired of taking a shuttle to my room all the time (although the kids loved it and the shuttles were always available) I, and one of my children got travellers tummy despite being very careful about not drinking the water. The rooms were a bit 'tired' although very clean and the bedding and towels are very new looking. All in all, we had a good time but I think I would have been happier with a smaller resort that was less spread out.

8  Thank TorontoMotheroftwo