6,402 results
All reviews snorkel beach mar section the mexican restaurant belly dancer middle beach fish main beach a la carte restaurants el mexicano la crucecita secret beach main bar bella vista club med tennis courts bird watching shuttle service
Reviewed January 4, 2018

Great place for families of all ages. Lots of activities to do. Fun evening entertainment. Good massages. Wide variety of menu options. Clean clean clean rooms-lovely. New pickle ball courts were super. Christmas Eve buffet party was very special.

1  Thank CHERYL A
Reviewed January 3, 2018

This Year Marked our fourth visit to Las Brisas so obviously we like the place...however... there was something different about the place this year.
The staff were polite and helpful but not exceptional...the food was good and there was good variety but not exceptional...the new spa was good but not exceptional. Our room was a bit of a drag. the A/C was barely there and created a puddle underneath, the shower didn't drain, the phone was removed and bare wires left.
Perhaps I am a bit jaded but we paid a premium price based on time of year and really we expect exceptional
I like the place and may even return but I really hope they give a little extra to get back to exceptional

4  Thank Robert J
Reviewed January 2, 2018

What a fabulous time our family of 5 (3 teenage sons) had over the Christmas/New Year break. Facilities, food, recreation, service... were top notch. More than we expected. A beautiful place. Highly recommend staying here!

1  Thank Laureen B
Reviewed January 2, 2018

This was our first experience at an all inclusive resort anywhere.
The setting is beautiful! The staff were very helpful and courteous.
The amenities and activities exceeded our expectations . . .
A special note that Jimmy, one of the activity directors, is a very engaging personality.
He's genuine and a great resource for us and made it the most fun for everyone! Thanks Amigo!
Sadly, our experience with the food service was disappointing. I had much higher expectations. Given the size of the resort, I realize that the task of feeding so many people is a significant challenge and the buffet solution worked fairly well. Our biggest disappointment was the Mexican a la carte offering. Honestly, I have had better food (and better menu choices) here in Calgary!
The Moroccan was VERY GOOD and the Solarium grill good as well.
We will DEFINITELY return to Huatulco but will likely arrange our accommodations to afford us the opportunity to sample better local cuisine options.

3  Thank steevesm2018
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

I would have given a 3 1/2 star to Las Brisas if I was given the option . The resort has very nice view and 4 beautiful beaches. Water is absolutely stunning, calm and clear. My son had lots of fun snorkeling and he had seen many fishes. Unfortunately he forgot to pack his GoPro. And the beach was never packed even during the busy Christmas week. We walked the stairs to and from our room every day and loved the exercise. It was 126 stairs each way from the Mexican restaurant. Add 24 if you are going to the buffet restaurant and another 33 if you are going to the lobby. You can always take the shuttle if you don’t feel like to walk. The ground is well maintained too. And we have seen some interesting birds. We stayed in a suite that has a big balcony and had a stunning ocean view. Watched sunrise on the balcony a couple times. Breathtaking.
Food and drink was ok. But the service was not great. One night,my husband had to ask several times to get his wine glass filled and the drink I ordered never came. The other morning while the restaurant was not busy at all and the staff was doing the chitchatting, nobody bother to offer us coffee. I had to ask again and the woman told me to wait. I was not impressed.
The resort also needs a facelift. The lobby area especially.
We took taxi to the town couple times. It cost 45 peso each way which is about 3 CAD.it felt safe to walk around. Very few people speak English though. The first restaurant we ate didn’t have English menu. The 2nd time we went to a nice one with A/C and they had menu in English. At least we knew what we were ordering this time. Food was good and inexpensive. But the service was same experience. I felt they are seasonal workers. Very inexperienced.
Overall we had a good stay. Interesting place.

Date of stay: January 2018