5,699 results
All reviews snorkel beach mar section the mexican restaurant belly dancer middle beach a la carte restaurants fish main beach la crucecita el mexicano secret beach main bar bella vista club med tennis courts snack bar bird watching
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

I love the feel of this place, the beaches are gorgeous and the snorkelling, right on the property, is fantastic. We're going back for our third time in a couple of weeks.
It's very hilly, so might not be for everyone, but you can always get a cart to take you around.
The only part I didn't like was the difficulty in making dinner reservations, but that seems to be the way at all these resorts.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank kdaviau
Reviewed January 7, 2018

Hotel and staff were wonderful, always smiling and pleasant. Food was typical of all inclusive, OK but not over the top. Mexican restaurant was great for breakfast. Lots of stairs to climb but good after big meal. Beaches were great, nice snorkeling with some small fish to observe. Overall, a very nice place with great staff. My only negative comment was the tour company located in the lower lobby
" XP travel ", lots of promises but no execution. Took the sunset cruise, supposed to be in a catamaran was in fact a small boat that would not fit the 10 people including the crew, sat onboard looking at each other, face to face, two feet apart, could not see a thing let alone a sunset, very poor. Spoke to the rep after, " too bad so sad.." was the attitude, more interested in the US dollars than customer satisfaction. I would look online with other tour providers and book the tours through them if I was to return.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2018

We enjoyed our stay! I was concerned about all the walking but in fact this became the highlight of our trip! Anytime we did not wish to walk, we could take a shuttle which was like a ride through Jurassic park but without the carnivorous dinosaurs! There’s lots to explore here and lots of stairs an pathways which we loved, even in the heat because we felt we were getting good exercise to work off all those food and drinks! Perhaps it would’ve been a pain if we had a lot of little ones to tote around or if we were mobility challenged.

We were not part of all inclusive so can’t comment on that. But because of this, we didn’t need reservations to the ala cartes which was a bonus! We loved the views from the Mexican restaurant and was our favorites for that. The fruit stuffed chicken with tamarind was our favorite there at dinner. It was outside as was the seafood restaurant (although it’s adjacent to the bar so noisier and less romantic ambiance). The solarium was open air but didn’t get there for dinner sadly. We also didn’t eat at the other 3 restaurants (the main buffet, the kasbah or the Mediterranean as they were all indoors with air conditioning which we do not prefer. The buffet looked large with cook to order stations and lots of variety.

We found the prices a bit high for stuff compared to what we paid in town. For example pop was about $4 a can (60p), in town 10p. They state no outside food or drinks allowed in your room which I find disturbing but not sure if they enforce this rule. If I was staying longer, I’m pretty sure I would’ve broken this rule to save some money! All inclusive is the way to go here for sure. We LOVED our room in mar section with ocean view!! Star gazing, sunset, sunrises and moon rises were a highlight. We were in a suite with jacuzzi. I don’t think the extra for jacuzzi is worth it as it takes a long time and a lot of water to fill and doesn’t stay warm. Needs to be emptied daily so seemed like a waste of water, IMO. Bed was comfortable. AC was ok but we didn’t use much.
The only big downsides we felt were the lack of wifi and coffee service. On our room, we got ZERO internet, nothing! Also they use special pods for their coffee but wasn’t replaced daily with maid service unless we requested it. My husband loves his coffee so next time we may bring our own coffee maker. Overall we loved this property for its lush tropical grounds, areas to explore and lovely hardworking staff. If you stay here pleadd tip generously!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Z5967VQchristineh
Reviewed January 6, 2018

This resort we will rate a 5 star as we have been to many all inclusive and non inclusive properties over the past 20 years and had a lot of experiences. The reason I would rate Las Brisas a 5 star is the employees going above and beyond in every way. We have never been to a resort where every area is so well managed It is probably the best managed resort I have been too. I own my own business and can appreciate how hard it is to manage and pay attention to every detail, they do it so well here! The weather is amazing-guaranteed sunshine and heat. The grounds are beautiful and you can walk if you feel like excercise or sit on a trolley which were always available. The food was amazing-we did try 3 nights a la carte but honestly loved the buffet. We travelled with my husband and three adult children and we all loved the whole experience. Even the drinks were great, which you normally don't get at a 4 star all inclusive. Honestly,we have said there are so many places to go in the world, so we never return to the same resort, but this is one that we may return to one day. Certainly Huatulco is our new favourite spots. Friendly and safe.

Again congrats to the amazing managers. We had an issue with our children's room and after the managers came to our room, they moved both of our rooms with no questions asked. Anyone who can say anything negative about this resort simply has not had many experiences or are just negative people. This hotel will be hard to beat.

Thanks for a great family vacation and wonderful memories!

Room Tip: Mar rooms are very nice and updated
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank 534cherylM
Reviewed January 6, 2018

Stayed here for one week over New Years with family of 5 which included 2 teens and an 80 yr old grandmother. Loved the huatulco area. We chose this resort because of the swimable beaches and snorkeling The beaches were great. We never went without loungers even though we showed up in the middle of the day or late morning. Only once could we not get a spot under an umbrella/palapa however there was enough shade provided by the palm trees. Service on the beach is unbelievable. Never have we had such attentive waiters anywhere-including Beaches. They work so hard and are so pleasant. Ola Martin! The staff on the entire resort is exemplary.
The sport beach was our favourite as there is lots to do and we enjoy the waves. Next was the snorkelling beach where there was lots to see-not the greatest snorkeling in the world but not the worst either. Certainly something fun to do. The fish will swarm around you and eat out of your hand. My husband enjoyed snorkeling at the “secret” beach more as he saw a sting ray and a star fish there and it is less crowded. They never ran out of towels -a problem at many resorts
We stayed in the beach club rooms-caribe - and loved it. The rooms are very nice , maybe a little tired looking- specifically the bathroom ceiling which is a dropped ceiling panel style that is kind of falling apart. It’s unfortunate because really the rest of the room is great. Loungers on the balcony or nicer chairs would be nice. My only complaint is with the lounge area for the beach club. Unlike other hotels it is not open all day and does not allow you a separate check in and concierge service- that is shared with everyone in the lobby.
There is a lot of walking and tons of stairs at this resort. I like that. My mother who is 80 only took the shuttle a couple of times so it is certainly manageable. It is very hot but the abundance of vegetation tempers it somewhat. There are lots of birds to see and iguanas. We even saw an armadillo one night.
We ate in a specialty restaurant every night and enjoyed them all. The Moroccan was the most fun The buffet for lunch was fine. We didn’t starve or lose weight. The dress code was very casual at the restaurants
The drinks were good. I usually insist that there is not alcohol in the drinks at the AIs we have been to however there was here lol
The entertainment was rather amateurish but didn’t detract from our overall enjoyment of the resort

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family