All reviewsnice hotelstar hotelpool areafront deskmaidscleanlinesswifitaxi
Reviewed October 30, 2017

The hotel is not the most luxurious hotel (i.e. do not expect your Dreams or Secrets type 4 & 5 hotel all inclusive) however I found it to be extremely comfortable place to spend two weeks.
It has a lovely pool and bar area. The restaurant is good, and the guacamole is one of the most delicious I had. The staff do not speak much English but they do try hard to understand and accommodate you. Brenda in particular at breakfast was really nice and friendly and is a real asset to the team. The room itself was comfortable with a very powerful air conditioning unit. The shower looked a little basic at first appearances but in the end turned out to be fine. We were overlooking the pool and had good wifi in our room. I cannot fault the cleanliness at this hotel - the cleaning staff do a fantastic job. The only two things I think would improve this hotel is if they didn't play music loudly in the morning by the pool area, and if they had coffee making facilities in the rooms. All things considered, I think this hotel is exceptional value for money and would not hesitate to return here and I hope I do one day.

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view may be noisy in the mornings. I slept with ear plugs so it was not much of an issue.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purpleheadpigeon
Reviewed September 1, 2017

The hotel is pretty basic at everything. The staff isn't very kind. The rooms and bathrooms aren't the best. The tour is (just) fine. We even booked a tour with a company inside the hotel, and it wasn't what they offered at all.
The parking lot has a very strong garbage smell.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2017

This was a 4 day last minute trip, to get away from the cold. YES we found the sun! Check in and out was very quick. The hotel room was okay, a fridge and coffee maker would be ideal and for a 4 star the bathroom should have been cleaner and the shower should not have water pooling (not draining fast enough). I do not think this is a 4 star hotel, maybe a 3 star but not any more. Amenities in the area are amazing, you do not have to eat at the hotel there are lots of small places to go to, beach is very close people are very friendly, the grocery store was quite the walk but a taxi is super cheap (170-200MXN can get you to the airport), haggle haggle haggle and stand firm, the one taxi driver started at 450MXN to go from the airport to the hotel and then settled for 200MXN. Overall for what I spent the hotel was good, I would go back but not for the same price I paid.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tarlok B
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

There were a few things about this place that were disappointing. The wifi didn't work, and the bathrooms were super basic. However the location is great, and there was a girl there named Zach-la I think it was who was amazing, and I would go back there just to see her and get her info on huatulco. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked well.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2017

Upon arrival, the front desk staff was unfriendly and unskilled. I was offered no greeting, the front desk staff just ignored my presence until I made myself heard. Of course, my booking preference for a silent room had also been ignored. Since there are no safety boxes in the rooms, I tried to deposit my valuables in the hotel safe. To my surprise, the so-called “hotel safe” consists in nothing but a simple drawer at the front desk. I was handed over a dirty old envelope which obviously had been used and ripped open several times already, in which to keep my valuables. According to the front office staff, the hotel does not have any envelopes. My questions received only stupid answers, or no answers at all. All general information was given wrong, e.g. breakfast time should be 07:30 a.m., however, at this time the staff had not even started up with the preparations yet.

The breakfast buffet and the whole bar area look filthy and unhygienic. The quality of the meals is generally poor. I heard even local guests complaining that the food was “horrible” (no translation needed). From the 2nd day on, breakfast was only offered on an “à la carte” basis, which does not mean that one could choose from a breakfast menu. Of course, there is a printed menu, but it does not apply to guests who have committed the error of booking a breakfast in addition to their room reservation. These guests are just droned off a handful of breakfast choices by the waiter, so fast that it is hard to follow. On my 8th day I committed the mistake to order an omelet instead of the every day’s scrambled eggs, so when I was finished, the waiter came instantly running after me, arguing that an omelet was not included in my breakfast plan and he would have to charge me extra for it. As a matter of fact, I paid for the added breakfast service at least three times its actual value. The breakfast staff is completely unqualified, unskilled and unfriendly. As a foreigner one is being served reluctantly (if served at all) and always with a cynic grin. Still on the last day of my stay one of the waiters bumped carelessly into me while he was accommodating a table, but there was no word of an excuse. When I called his attention, he just played stupid as if he did not understand me.

The room is equipped with the absolute minimum: bed, chair and a commode with a few drawers, that’s all. No desk, not even a table or any comfortable seating. One of the beds had a damaged plastic lining, the other one was dirty from the footprints of former guests. Mattresses and pillows were in a disgusting condition, especially the pillows were stained with yellowish body fluids of other occupants (see images attached). There was no drinking water in the room, which is common standard in Mexico, due to unsafe tap water. When I asked if I could get at least a bottle of mineral water, the answer was that I should get it myself at the bar. Even there I got it only for immediate cash. Of course, there was no water heater in the room either. When I asked if I could borrow one, my request was denied.

In the shower the water gets barely lukewarm after you leave it running for about 20 minutes (which is not an appropriate action in a country with extreme water shortage), but it never reaches a normal warm water temperature. At the wash-basin, the warm water supply is totally cut off. There was not even a glass for tooth brushing. I frequently found long black hair all over the bathroom floor, which definitely could not be mine. The soap dish in the shower was filthy and moldy and had obviously not been cleaned for a long time. The sewage cover was loose and only attached to a single remaining screw. Since it had sharp edges, I suffered a cut to my foot on the very first day. Despite the visible blood stains in my bath towel, nobody bothered to change it. During nighttime hours there was a VERY INTENSIVE SEWAGE SMELL spreading from the bathroom, causing nausea and vomiting.

The internet connection was extremely slow and broke down every couple of minutes. When I was finally able to establish a connection, I instantly experienced numerous network attacks.

It is not surprising that there was not one single foreign guest showing up at this hotel. The clients are exclusively Mexican families with lots of children, accordingly is the nighttime noise, yelling and door slamming in the hallways, until the early morning hours. And of course, being the only foreign guest, one is not well tolerated by the locals. Malicious looks intend to make the foreigner feel uncomfortable and everything else but welcome, however, this is rather an ethnic problem.

I have been traveling Mexico for forty years now, so I am aware that one cannot expect the same standards as in other western countries. But even for Mexican standards, this hotel is by no means a 4-star-facility. It hovers somewhere far below a 3-star category, rather at the level of a cheap backpacker guesthouse. The recreational value of my two weeks’ stay has been absolutely zero.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo