“Deep Sea Fishing”

Crisanto Carmona Sport Fishing & Bay Tours
Ranked #1 of 46 Tours in Huatulco
More attraction details
Owner description: Sport fishing is my passion, and I have been lucky enough to turn it into a career. I have been fishing for over 15 years in the Huatulco area and have had the opportunity to catch some amazing fish, smaller varieties such as Bonito and Tuna, to much larger trophy fish; Mahi Mahi, Blue Marlin and Sailfish.
Reviewed December 14, 2014

Had a wonderful day fishing on a ponga owned by Crisanto Carmona, who did everything to find fish. As fishing was a bit slow, he decided we would stay out longer at no extra charge. He is an experienced fisherman who speaks excellent English so I had an enjoyable time talking back and forth throughout the excursion. The boat was in good shape along with the fishing gear and the boat was equipped with a 2-way radio. I landed a 25 kilo Dorado after about half an hour battle, wow what a "rocket". We also had a sailfish strike but lost it as well as an interested marlin. This was all during the bonus fishing time!! Crisanto provided transportation to/from the Dreams Resort. I have spent many days fishing during vacations over the past thirty years and have to say that this was one of the most enjoyable fishing days due to Crisanto's knowledge, attention to detail, friendliness, and personal touch. I would recommend this owner-operator to anyone looking for a good day fishing.

1  Thank BMHFFC
"sport fishing"
"another couple"
"star fish"

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Chris took 6 of us on a 7 Bay Tour with fishing and snorkeling. I loved how he was so caring to us and others swimming in the bay. One woman in another group was struggling in the water and he made sure she got back to her boat safely. We saw some of the most amazing rainbow colored fish snorkeling and got to touch a puffer fish he brought up for us. We saw dolphin, sea turtles and a sting ray. I highly recommend him!

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed December 1, 2014

Had the opportunity to fish one day with Crisanto over my thanksgiving holiday. Class act, great guy, and great fisherman. Whether you are an avid fisherman, curious about fishing, or just love being on the water, Crisanto is a great guy to spend the day on the water with. He picked me up at the hotel and brought me back at the end of the day, genuine and sincere gentleman.Book a trip with him if you are heading down. Thanks again Crisanto!

Reviewed November 19, 2014

Five if us went for the bay tour with snorkeling and fishing. We were more interested in the snorkeling so when the men on the tour just wanted to each catch something and release Crisanto and his mate, Benjamin, were fine with that. We saw dolphins, turtles, variety of fish, etc. For my first time snorkeling, he made me very comfortable by making sure our group was following him in the water, that my equipment he lent me worked, and that my life vest was secured. He actually stopped me in the water because he felt the vest wasn't secure enough. The coral reef and fish he was able to show us were amazing. He was extremely knowledgeable about all the marine life, the beaches, developments, and history of the area. If you are looking for a fantastic day you can't go wrong with him. I know that hotels tell you not to buy tours off of the beach but I can honestly say I can't believe you would get a better value by going through the hotel. Highly recommended!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 9, 2014

My wife and I along with another couple we met chartered and day trip with Crisanto. He arranged for a suburban to pick us up at our resort which took us to the marina. The driver was extremely nice and drove better than any of the other 7 drivers we experienced while in Hatulco. Crisanto had the boat ready with a cooler of bottled water and sodas. We first went out of marina and headed for open waters where we fished while working our way up the coastline. We did catch 2 fish and saw many sea turtles, dolphins and sting rays. We snorkeled in 2 bays as we toured the coastline and all 7 bays. He took us to one bay where we experienced the true Oxacan style of seafood cooked in one of the outdoor restaurants along the beach. He took time to show us all the points of interest and always had a smile.
Now to important stuff. Crisanto was reasonably prices, attentive, knowledgeable and speaks very good english. He also has the respect of the her tour guides which is displayed by the way they all speak with him and share information about the location of fish.
I highly recommend him and truly believe he is the best tour guide we have had in 18 years of going to Mexico.

2  Thank crazedchef53