“Perfect Family and Friends Getaway and Destination Wedding!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Las Palmas Villas & Casitas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huatulco
Las Palmas Villas & Casitas
Austin, Texas
“Perfect Family and Friends Getaway and Destination Wedding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

Las Palmas Villas will never disappoint even the harshest of critics! My husband and I just returned from our destination wedding and amazing weeklong vacation with our family and friends. Las Palmas is even more beautiful than the pictures are able to capture. The amount of detail Ron, the owner, put into designing Las Palmas is unbelievable. I could never have dreamed up a more perfect place for a destination wedding.
The location of Las Palmas is on a hillside overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Violin Beach. The beach below the resort was beautiful and my guests enjoyed morning swims, afternoon snorkels, and even the daily workouts by climbing up the hill back to Las Palmas. Well worth the hike down to the beach! Other guests enjoyed Entrega Beach, which is a 5 min walk down the main road and Bocana Beach for the amazingly big waves. There is so much to offer in Huatulco.
This vacation was so memorable not only because we were married in Huatulco, but also because we were able to spend so much quailty time with our families at Las Palmas. We can only hope to one day return for another family vacation!! Feel free to email me with any questions if you are considering a vacation or destination wedding at Las Palmas!

4 Thank rbarker1

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

We travelled to Las Palmas for a family wedding. My husband and I and our 7 month old son stayed for 7 nights and had a wonderful time. The pools are beautiful, the views unbelievable. My recommendations would be for those travelling with small children - bring light weight clothing (Long sleved and covered feet for sleeping to prevent as many bug bites as possible) and mosquito spray. The staff was wonderful, and the facilities were exceptionally clean. The travel into town is easy and affordable. This place is truly a hidden gem!!

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

Outstanding.... I went surfing, deep sea fishing, snorkling, shoping and relaxed at a couple of their pools. Staff was great, rooms were clean, food was amazing and the view was beyond words... I would recommend this place to anyone.

Abington, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

This vacation will be one of the most amazing vacations I will ever be on. I can say that with many more vacations in my future!! My friends and I couldnt have imagined how unbelieveable our stay would be, if we had drempt it in our minds. Kiely, the resort manager took car of our every need and provided us with services we would have never discovered. Our housekeeper IRMA wa outstanding. She had fresh fruit and breakfast prepared for us each morning, pico de gallo and cold beverages all afternoon. The authentic mexican cuisine was out of this world! All the food and water was safe, fresh and decadent. We felt like royalty from the moment we were picked up at the airport to our ride back. The best part was how affordable this resort truly is! Staying in a villa, with a personal housekeeper, while enjoying the local beauty and culture of Huatulco, was priceless, yet affordable for myself, a single 30 year old teacher from Massachussetts! I loved every second of this trip, and miss las Plamas everyday!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

The dreary New England winter instigated my dreams of more tropical locales. Thankfully a few of my friends were up for an adventure and thanks to some local contacts, Villas las Palmas in Huatulco was suggested. I've been to Mexico before...to Manzanillo, Alcupulco & one night in Tiajuana - which in all fairness, I shouldn't count. Huatulco was the Mexico I had been looking for all along. Being 6 months pregnant, my biggest concerns centered around food and water-borne illnesses, which I was assured by staff were not a big a problem in Huatulco due to the relative newness of the infrastructure there and the focus on sanitation and water. Our housekeeper and cook made especially sure to use bottled water in food preparation - and let me tell you, if you're wondering if you should spend the extra money for a cook, DO IT!! She was amazing! Fresh pico de gallo, guacamole & fruit everyday. She made our stay at the Dolphin Cove Villa feel like a true luxury - and it was! The rooms were spacious, private, clean and each had a view (and bathroom) that could take your breath away. Among some of the services that the manager, Kiely, arranged for us were terrace massages, a boat trip to a local beach, food shopping & meal prep (she communicated any special requests from us), and lots of good advice on where to go and what to do while in town.
Villas Las Palmas is smaller than some of the other resorts in the area and therefore much more private. You feel like you have the whole place to yourself and the property is truly beautiful. I would not hesitate to return OR to suggest this place to anyone seeking an affordable luxurious retreat.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2010

My husband and I rented out the entire resort and invited our family and friend (35) to have a weeklong wedding celebration here. Kiely organized to have everyone picked up at the airport and brought to Las Palmas. The location is great because it is a short drive into town and you can walk to two very beautiful beaches (one of which is pretty private and both have great snorkeling).

The rooms are even more beautiful than they look online, and the services offered by staff are top-notch. We had daily breakfast prepared for everyone and it was always delicious. The pools are perfectly kept and gorgeous and even with so many people, the villas were always looking spotless. Kiely suggested all sort of activities for us to do, such as bird watching, ATV rides, Scuba diving and surfing, but we often just wanted to stay at the resort, watching whales from the balcony.

And then there was the wedding. Kiely organized it all while I was in the US and I literally didn't have to worry about a thing once we got there. We had relaxing roof-top massages and Kiely brought us chocolates, fruit and champagne while the ladies and gents got ready. The food was great, the place looked incredible, the band was a blast and we had the best time.

Thank you Kiely for giving our family and friends such a wonderful week!

• Stayed March 2010
cape cod, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

We stayed in the Turtle Bay Villa. Opening the front door and walking down the stairs to the main living area was breath-taking. The back side of the first floor is completely open to INCREDIBLE views of the cliffs and ocean, not to mention the infinity edge pool. After that moment i don't think anything could change my opinion of Las Palmas.
The villa consists of 4 bedrooms, all with a private bath and amazing views. It was the dry season but even so, beautiful. The villa contains all the amenities of home including a full kitchen, out door showers and sinks, and a grill for bbq'ing.
The maid was fabulous, barely even saw here, but could tell she had been there. We hired her to cook a few meals, that were fantastic. Could not say one bad thing about Las Palmas, except that i had to leave.
The town is close by, and very cute. A lot of shops and places to eat. My favorite meal was at Viena, but the local smaller stands are great as well if you want to try the local flavors.
Overall, one of the best trips ever. Can't wait to go back with a larger group.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends