All reviews gus gus golden zone deer island junior suite pool area ocean view shrimp nice pool beautiful mazatlan beds were very comfortable coffee pot full kitchen stone island night life lounge chairs week stay balconies
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Another review for a great resort! If you haven’t stayed here you might want to, great beach front great place to stay in the golden zone. You won’t be disappointed. Lots of activities right out the door, from the pool, to the beach to par sailing lots to do.

Room tip: I always ask for a room higher up and ocean view
Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2018

The property is beautiful however, there is much left to desire once you arrive. The pool is awesome however there is nobody that really staffs it and if they do they are just paying attention to minimal guests. There is no real drink service it is very limited and you will be left wanting more from it. There is 1 restaurant that often times runs out of certain things on their menu. Plus you can forget about having anyone address your issues as you get ping ponged between people. The overall service staff is good but the administrative and management staff acts like they are doing you a favor by talking to you. This was by far one of the worst trips I have had and my family was ready for it all to be over before it started. So if you are deciding to go to an all-inclusive for the money I would take a gamble with another resort or save your money if this is the only option out there.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank Sandra A
SCARBAJAL, Director Comercial at Royal Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thank you for your comments, I apologize about this and I'll work to improve each procedure you mentioned.

Best Regards

Fernando Mujica

Reviewed June 24, 2018

This resort had phenomenal staff & service. The people were friendly & informative.
The restaurant downstairs had great staff & food. I got something from here at least three times during my week stay. Loved bread, cocnut shrimp, and fish & shrimp in cilantro sauce.
The rooms have some ups & downs. When the air was left on blowing sometimes it would have this eggy pipe smell in room. If air is off there was no smell. However I was here in June & the air needed to be on. Otherwise I was happy with having a blender, fridge, & microwave. I couldnt use coffee pot because it had rust in area where the water goes. House cleaning did great job restocking with exception of face cloths but by end of week they restocked those to.

Room tip: For less noice & elevator wait time, try not to go during cheerleaders compatition
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Just returned from a great holiday in Mazatlan with life long friends, Royal Villas Hotel was just the ticket, Pool was always warm even in the morning, hotel is right on the beach so very well located, bars and restaurants not to far away.
Hotel arranged some trips one of them being Deer Island, really enjoyed it and it was well organised.
A Great holiday had by all of us and would defiantly go back at some stage.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

I absolutely recommend this resort! My family and I have went three years in a row and plan on going again! The staff is always so kind, the pool is just a few steps to the beach, the beds are super comfy! We never purchase meals with our stay because we go out and eat, so I cannot tell you about there restaurant. I can say when we’re poolside and ask for snacks for the kids (burger, fries, ceviche) it’s always prepared delicious! I defiantly recommend Royal Villas, and have sent many friends and family there and they have not been disappointed!

Date of stay: May 2018