2,175 results
All reviews casa roberto golden zone joe's oyster bar ocean view italian restaurant beach vendors hotel restaurant open air north side beach chairs great beach all inclusive plan felt very safe all inclusive option our waiter great vacation other resorts
Reviewed August 27, 2018

The Hotel Playa Mazatlan is on a great beach. My parents use to go there in the the 70's and 80's . Their favorite place .... its now all remodeled. We were there a few months ago visiting 'off a cruise ship' We are going back again for a week in November 2018 to stay at the resort once again.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank msmacs
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear valued guest
Thanks a lot, we are glad to part of such great vacationing memories. It will be our pleasure to be of service once again.
See you and yours soon

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

We visited Mazatlan as a group of friends. We spent most of our time on the beach and around the pools. The hotel is old but has a real charm to it and the staff are friendly. We loved how close it is to the Golden Zone and felt safe to visit restaurants and shops at night when the weather was cooler. A big thank you to all the staff for making our trip so effortless and relaxing! Special thanks to the activities team Aaron, Valeria, Marcela, Juan, Mario and Dania! They kept us entertained and we found there was lots to do. Aaron is always joking and hilarious!
Over all we got just want we came for, great views, beautiful ocean and met amazing people!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Dear valued guest
We feel honored by your comments, what a delight to be part of such fun time.
Till next time

Reviewed August 19, 2018

I'll be bringing my Grandson back for the 7th time in November; we won't stay elsewhere! He will turn 12 on Thanksgiving Day at the Playa and is so excited to return. From the time we step out of the cab, until we depart....we are treated like Royalty by all the wonderful staff who remember us by name each year. A special thank you to the Director of the front staff for having a special "Feliz Cumpleanos" Banner made for my grandson that we found hanging on the door of our room, along with a beautiful bowl of fruit last year. Managers, Bellboys, Reception, Room, Restaurant, Bar, Beach, Pool and Activities Staff......you are all Amazing! I could name each of you! Our last 2 visits we didn't leave the resort because there were so many fun activities to keep us busy at the Playa! Each year there is something new that makes our stay even better. We love our ocean view room in the tower; quiet with beautiful views and sunsets. The all inclusive is better each year, and we have a difficult time deciding where to eat because each restaurant and the buffet serves delicious food. The new "Brazilian" was amazing; thank you Jesus, for making sure Juanito and I were seated upon arrival. I've read some complaints about the alcohol...I don't know what they're drinking, but I have no complaints. If you want top shelf, pay for it...just like any other bar. Thank you Hotel Playa, for all the Lovely Memories. Lance, you are lucky to have such great staff! It keeps us coming back year after year.

Room Tip: Oceanview in the Tower is what we always choose.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank imissMaz
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear valued guest
What an honor to be part of such a special day next November, thank you for sharing with us, we greatly apprecciate your loyalty as well.
See you guys soon

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Reception employees were overall not too friendly. Money exchange is a headache there. The snack bar cashier from Sat July 28th between 3pm and 5pm was rude. My son cut himself on his foot from opening the room fridge, and I called to request a band aid, and no band aid at lobby, no first aid. I had to walk to security booth and they were very helpful and had bandaids and alcohol to clean the cut. The cashier and ladies assigning seats at buffet weren't accommodating at all to us, when i tried to explain my son had special needs, they didn't give a crap.
All inclusive is not all inclusive here, had to pay for tequila shots. the liquor is either watered down or its not liquor, by our 2nd day we ended up buying beer on the street and our own sky blue bottle as well. they charged me for a fridge even though i explained i needed it for my sons juices... since they didn't offer what we needed for him, i had to buy outside drinks.
several times we went to the buffet at like 8:45 pm and they'd tell us it was closed, id look at their sign which clearly said closed at 10:30pm, and tell them, then they would say, oh okay go ahead.. but the food was pretty much gone by 9pm.
The guard's at the beach need to do a better job at controlling the banana boat people... the rope is dangerous, and kept scraping peoples legs, and when we told the guard he ignored us.

now on to the good reviews on particular employees we met...

Roberto was our pool side server, he was amazing. he realize my son had special needs and would go above and beyond to help us. he even brought us buckets of ice with cold water, would help us arrange our shaded area for my son, he is an excellent server.

Julio also served in the pool area, he was really attentive.

Christopher was our beach area server. he also was very helpful and super fast.

Claudia was our housekeeper. she was also super good at her job. she checked in on us thru out the day to see if we needed anything from toilet paper to towels. and she would leave our floors super clean every day.

there was a waiter at the restaurant towards the entrance, near the security booth, he was super nice. he noticed my son and asked me if i needed anything. i told him chicken nuggets, but they weren't on their menu. well, he ran to the buffet and got us some. And they were all super nice in that restaurant.

Aron, the activities guy at the pool is really good too at entertaining the crowd.

All the servers at the buffet were very nice and fast too.

Joel was our server at the International dinner and show at the Venado hall, he was very nice and also very attentive to our needs. he even gave us some recommendations .

Jorge at the buffet was our server several times, outstanding customer service from him the entire stay. he also worked the upstairs bar on tuesday and treated us very good.

the lifeguards are very good at keeping an eye on the kids.
One of the lifeguards helped me 2 times, when my son had a bad nose bleed. he came to the rescue and really helped me. once at the beach and another time at the Pirate ship area pool.

not sure i will return because of the all inclusive situation, i loved the hotel grounds, but the fact that I paid the same here then in cancun, and its really not all inclusive truly bugged me.

Room Tip: ask for room floors near the pool if you have kids
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia R
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Dear valued guest (Cynthia R)
We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and inform us of your experience. Please note that our level of service and capacity to provide has always been a distinction that differentiates us from the rest. I will be discussing all of the points verbalized in your comment with the managing staff for each area in the hopes of making sure that training and standards are being held. We apologize for the inability to provide for all of the specific needs, but in future we will work hard striving to reach excellence in service and earn the right to call you a repeat guest. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.
Best wishes and safe travels,
LT VEINT

Reviewed July 28, 2018

For our family vacations to Mazatlan we read up extensively the reviews of many hotels and this one had a relatively positive balance of folks in favor and against. Some typical complaints were of the "overcrowded/long lines/dated/Sinaloa 'banda' music on the beach/poor wifi" variety. During our stay in early July, there were pleanty of people and some lines in during breakfast (best to get in between 8-8:30), but the restaurant in particular and the property in general are so (and the staff/kitchen so efficient) that it was never an issue and we had a great time. Yes, wifi needs some upgrading and I heard that was exactly the case during our stay. Regarding the 'banda' music on the beach.... yes, during the day and early evening there was one band or another playing but it never seemed bothersome -- really kind of fun and lively (before this trip I would have told you I ABSOLUTELY HATED banda musice... but it was actually ok and made for a nice experience. What else? Spaciuos and clean rooms (staff is cleaning the property all over ALL of the time btw).... beautiful beach.... hotel walking distance from nice shops and restaurants (Panama Restaurant is a find!)...All and all a very nice stay!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are more spacious
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Dear valued guest
We greatly apprecciate your warm thoughts, thank you so much for sharing as this allows other travelers to consider Hotel Playa Mazatlan as a future Vacationing spot!!
Hope to be of service once again.