What an amazing stay we had at the El Cid Marina! We cannot say enough about the resort or the wonderful staff.
Check in was absolutely quick and easy, a task that has never been done at other resorts we have stayed at. We were taken to our room by Isreal who pointed out different areas around the resort and from that day till our last day, Isreal always was a help.
Our room was amazing, we had a view of the ocean and a wonderful one bedroom suite with all of the amenities that we could possibly need. Our housekeeper, Claudia was very efficient and made a point of speaking to us wherever she saw us on the resort.
Breakfast was ready early (which we loved) and thanks to Victoria we had wonderful service. Also a wonderful young man named Octavio made sure we left with bottled water for our walk. So thoughtful!
Lunch at the Calipso Pool Bar was great, thanks to the wonderful service from Angel, Miguel & Jose Luis (not to mention the great drink service they provided) and we also had a very nice lunch at the Marina Restaurant. A special note has to be made about the bartender at the Calipso Pool, his name is Raul. We have never seen a man work so hard and make such wonderful drinks as our friend Raul. This man moves! He makes any drink you may want and he has to be the most organized bartender we have seen anywhere!
Dinner at the Marina Restaurant was always fantastic, Ramone is the manager who greeted us with a handshake and worked very hard with his staff to make sure our meal and evening was perfect. Thanks also to Daniel, Jorge and Caesar!! Live music was every night and many got up and sang their favorite song, and it was common for dancing to occur whenever we felt the need! Lots of fun.
It was also fun after dinner to go down to the Marina Bar, drinks and service from Roberto were appreciated and it was a great place to end the evening.
Thanks also to Fabian, who always had a big smile for us when we picked up our towels at the Laguana Pool.
We enjoyed the short 5 minute water taxi to the Beach where you could relax and have a lovely lunch at the Beach Club Snack Bar, and take a walk along the beach for as much as an hour one way. The beach is great!
Jaimie is one of the activities directors and he was always so friendly and open for suggestions for things that we would like to do. The pool volleyball was a hoot to be part of and even more entertaining to watch!!
It seems that a lot of people write their reviews mentioning staff at the Marina. How can we not- these people made out stay most enjoyable. All of the staff need to be thanked.
This was a great vacation, we had so much fun with all of the people that we met from all over Canada and the USA. Never a dull moment around that pool. Lots of laughs and just a comfort of feeling at home, no wonder that so many have been going to the El Cid Marina for years.
Also of note is that we never felt anything but safe in Mazatlan. We spent an entire day in Old Mazatlan, went one evening to a festival, and went out a couple of evening with new friends. Never did we feel anything but welcomed by the people of Mazatlan.
Randy and Sandy Ogilvie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and impeccable luxury of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zone with attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubs and El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, peaceful private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers a memorable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beach reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Two restaurants • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport • Pronatours Tour Desk in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach