All reviews shrimp bucket ocean view room machado square the wi fi malecon convenience
Reviewed February 26, 2018

“Great and friendly Staff". Proximity to "El Shrimp Bucket" Restaurant is a big plus!!. Great sunsets over the Sea!”. On the busy Malecon where tourists and local families hustle and bustle around. Only negative is that WiFi is absolutely terrible!!

Room tip: Second or third floor for great water/Malecon views!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scott H
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

This is our second time staying at La Siesta. We had room 317, all newly renovated and the best view, this is not a five star hotel but it is very clean and we love the location. Already booked for next year

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank susi0704
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

Clean, updated, comfortable, staff very accommodating. Across the road from the beach, and beautiful sunsets. Shrimp Bucket restaurant for excellent dining on site and delicious mango margaritas by the liter!!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank debbrigley
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

Although the hotel is a great location and very clean I wouldn't stay again. Reservations are from 9am - 2pm only. I reserved online at 9pm, popped in the next day at 2pm but the front desk didn't have my reservation. There wasn't a washcloth, I asked via reservations for a smoking room, didn't get one. Ran the shower for 8 minutes, no hot water.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Tmmacmartin
Ventas G, Gerente de ventas at Hotel la Siesta, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2017

Good day!
Thank you for taking the time to review La Siesta Hotel. I apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay, I would like to do a follow up regarding your reservations but I do not have dates or the name of the online travel agency, our business hours at the reservation department are from monday to friday from 9am to 5pm and saturdays from 9am to 1pm, it is very common to receive online reservations out of our business hours but the front desk knows the procedures, that is why I would have appreciated more information about your itinerary.
Due to instructions from our State Health Department all our rooms our No Smoking, also, all special request listed on reservations are not guarantee, we do our best to accomplish them.
I will address your observations about the washcloth and the water to the department in charge.
Receive my best regards.

Reviewed March 23, 2017

I traveled by myself a week before spring, Mazatlan had few visitors so upgrades were available, however Ruth was awesome and upgraded me with no extra charge. She was also great at providing recommendations of tours, giving a bast spectrum of options for prices and the convenience of each. I took all her recommendations and had a great time. This Hotel was particularly great to me because I wanted the experience of visiting Mazatlan rather than just staying at the hotel and rest. Prices is great, rooms are clean, it could be noisy during day buy at night is quiet, because of restaurants nearby closing by 12pm, and it does include a small pool, hotel has a terrific view of the ocean, neighborhood is super safe, and a block away you will find a place to rent a bike to drive around the city and especially the pier. Hotel is also located in the old Mazatlan which could be great if you feel like something more relaxing, if your intention is to party and beach, I might recommend touristic area which is 20min ride so you can also stay here and conveniently visit it.

Room tip: Excellent view of the ocean, near old Mazaltan great for walking around, don't forget to visit downtown about 3 blocks away.
Date of stay: March 2017