See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Advertised $24/night -paid a $100. No hot water, windows that do not close, the stench from the leaking toilet terrible. Mold in the walls, paint chipping off the ceiling, in shower. NEVER STAY HERE!!

Room tip: Never Stay Here Ever.....
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2017

We stayed in #10 Hacienda which is a suite with 2 double beds and a kitchen. There are a group of Canadians who come here every year and love it. My own review is a little more mixed. For the money, it's overall good.
The Pros: Hotel is a 3 minute walk to the beach. It is small and charming with lots of outdoor seating for enjoying the ocean, sunrises and sunsets. They have a BBQ for you to use. Bus and private taxis stop right outside the door. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Staff very friendly. Clean.
The Cons: Most reviews mention the noise from the bar across the street. They understate it. Live band plays until midnight and it's like they are right in the room with you, it's that loud. The bar continues to play music until 3 a.m. with people screaming. If you are a light sleeper, better not stay here. The ads mention hotel parking being available. They don't tell you there is a fee of $50 (MX) per night to park. Was surprised that when staff prepared the room for us as new guests, they didn't leave a new roll of toilet paper or bottle of water. One use of the bathroom and we had no paper left. Water bottle almost empty. Very poor when preparing a room for new guests.
I give it 3 stars.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank frasal2013
Reviewed February 29, 2016

I traveled alone and decided to pamper myself at one of the major hotels. I had a nice room, a view, a private balcony and on the beach. I booked there for a few days, but was bored. A friend recommended Mariana Beach Hotel so we stopped by.They didn't have a room for the amount of nights I needed, but it wasn't long before the manager Sofia called and said some changes were made so they had a room available. Its an older hotel but it was very clean but basically what I got would be considered a suite for $100 US less per night for a normal room then at the other hotel. Nice bedroom, bed was very comfortable and a living room like at home where you could have guests over.It was nice having a kitchen an to be able to stock the fridge Free wifi too. It was really nice and I was so much more relaxed. There was one long patio that ran the length of the hotel, alive with plants and with tables and chairs where you could sit alone or say hi to a neighbor. On top of the hotel was one big patio with a nice view where you could socialize or enjoy the view alone.. Very centralized in the Golden Zone. And only about 50 or so yards to the beach.The service was great and Sophia was a big help and very professional. The whole staff was very pleasant. I really wish I could have stayed longer. Next time I will.

Room tip: some rooms overlook the street where you get the same feeling when overlooking a street in the French Quarter in New Orleans.
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank jimmbo62
Reviewed November 4, 2015

Especially for the price.

I did not expect being in a one bedroom apartment rather than a hotel room - and I enjoyed every minute of it! The property itself is very comfortable and the library of English language books was a nice touch (even though I was too busy trolling around the city where my grandfather was born to take time out to read one.) The location also worked out very well for me. I didn't want to leave, and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Once you're settled in, head to the nearby Mega Comercial Mexicana to stock up on snacks, liquid supplies and if it looks good, something to make in the kitchen. It will improve the quality of your stay big time.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank mjesf
Reviewed August 16, 2015 via mobile

Our first impression of the hotel was poor. There was a misunderstanding over billing at reception. The promised air conditioning was only in the bedroom, not in the rest of the apartment. But the next morning, day crew settled the mixup and were very helpful, providing beach chairs and umbrella. I do not recommend this hotel for summer travel.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank CindaMuruato