Olas Altas Inn
US$68
US$65
  • Pool
El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$71
BestDay.com
  • Pool
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Beachfront
US$452
US$135
  • Beachfront
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$176
Estrella Del Mar Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$70
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$80
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$58
BestDay.com
US$564
US$168
US$130
US$105
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 6, 2007

I stayed at the Hotel Olas Altas, and I contacted the property directly and got $30 off the advertised rate. This location is great, as it is between the Golden Zone and the Historic part of Mazatlan.

It was a $4 cab ride from the bus station, and $25 to the airport.

It is located across the street from the ocean, and within easy walking distance to the Golden Zone. I took the air conditioned bus most of the time, and pulmonias the other time. It is 10 minutes or less to most of the places you want to visit.

I had a great time at the pool, as the beach had the red flags (Danger) up most of the time.

The restaurant food was above average, but the drink prices were very high. The happy hour was 6pm to 9pm for 2 for 1. a beer was 35 pesos, and a mixed drink was 44 pesos.

The room was very clean, and the view to the ocean was great. The staff was very helpful, and could communicate in basic English. The wireless internet was very fast, and I could access it from the pool area.

I would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Born_to_be_a_beach
Reviewed June 16, 2007

Maybe it's because I am fluent, or perhaps there is some other reason, but I have never stayed at a more welcoming place in Sinaloa. I go often and the staff are wonderful, polite and super-attentive. The facilities are not resort quality, but they are clean and comfortable. The added bonuses are ocean views from the pool and bird watching behind the building (I am into that sort of thing). We've counted 42 species from the balcony of one of the rear-facing rooms. To my bird-watching friends back home, and much their collective chagrin, an often well timed phone call to rub in the latest species observed from the comfort of my hotel room frequently with beer in hand. Birding for relaxation-minded people (I think I'll offer that class at the local community college next year).

I have taken several friends from around the world and their experiences are identical to mine. I recommend it.

Disfruten!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
5  Thank mexicanbirds
Reviewed August 26, 2006

The staff did not speak English . Only 2 people spoke any English, the manager and 1 bus boy/security guard. The best person on staff was the 1 bus boy/security guard he was nice and funny too. The manager on the other hand was rude and disrespectful to me and my guest. I had booked my room for 2 people but the manager refused to allow a 2nd person in the room simply because they were local. They treated my friend like he was a criminal with security hovering and waiting to escort him out. The manager refused to speak to me directly instead turning his back on me while giving me unreasonable excuses. At first insisting I had only booked for 1 person and not 2. Then when I said I had proof I booked for 2 people he said my friends name was not on the reservation. In fact the only name on the reservation was mine since I booked through an online travel agency and my name was the only one required. In the end I checked out early very dissatisfied with the overall service and quality for my money. I feel as though I was completely ripped off. I would NEVER stay there again nor would I suggest it to any singles or students looking for a fun vacation spot.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled solo
10  Thank AUhfx
Reviewed November 21, 2003

My wife nad I stayed for two days while waiting for our time share. We really enjoyed our time spent. We had great time at the pool since we had it to our self and also the restaurant. We did notice that most of the business was Mexican tourist and enjoyed time spent trying to converse. Close to the golden zone and many other restaurants. The staff was very helpful... Would stay again

4  Thank jleigh-01
Reviewed February 5, 2003

I recently stayed at the Olas Altas and must say it has one of the friendliest staffs around. Everyone was helpful and attentive. The ocean view is stunning and the rates very reasonable considering you are only 5 minutes from the Golden Zone. You also have the beaches to yourself practically and don't get the timeshare salesmen and the hawkers. One person I met said that it's too bad it's not actually in the Golden Zone, but that's exactly why I like it! I can go there and eat, party, whatever and then come back to the calm of North Beach.

10  Thank mexicoted