“Great Octopus ”

Price range: US$12 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after talking to someone who had been there and reviews. There were reviews praising the octopus. I have had that dish in a few countries as well as restaurants in the US. I thought it OK. I tried it here grilled with butter and garlic and it was terrific. It was soft tender and flavorful a great experience. My wife had a special a mahi fillet topped with grilled baby shrimp the shrimp covered the fish. This caused me a problem as now there were two excellent dishes. The shrimp were plump and not over cooked the fish moist with great texture. The location is right at the beginning of town from the north. It is not large a shop front so you can miss it. The staff was friendly (some reviews did not find that the case) I checked out as many servers as I could and did not see any problems. The cost is reasonable 3 drinks guacamole and mushroom starters and main dishes the portions were large and neither of us could finish so had take away. $40 with tip. This is a place worth more than 1visit.

2  Thank BobE6

Reviewed August 29, 2016

Okay, so this review is only about 8 years late, but as I was creating a way overdue photo book of our honeymoon to Puerto Vallarta I couldn't help but add a page about Rio Grande restaurant & the amazing owner, Jafet. We even added a picture with him in our book! In October 2008 we visited the area & actually met Jafet, the owner, while strolling the streets during the day. He was very friendly, so we told him we were on our honeymoon & chatted with him a bit & he wanted to do something special for us. Since we were honeymooning & not wanting to spend much time in a restaurant, he agreed to prepare a full lobster dinner for us & he had it delivered right to our room! This is exceptional, extraordinary service! Because of his willingness to go above & beyond, we enjoyed a candlelit lobster dinner on our balcony at sunset! Let me remind you...this is NOT a takeout restaurant. This is a lovely, dine-in restaurant that doesn't generally deliver. I think this just shows the willingness to please the customer & the generosity of the wonderful owner. We will never forget Jafet, especially since he's now documented in our photo book! Oh---& the lobster & other goodies he sent were delicious! Don't hesitate to dine here. You will not be disappointed & we will be back, one day!

1  Thank linzeeloo222
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

We had read the reviews but decided to form our own opinion. Boy were the reviews right. No smiles. Never asked if we wanted more drinks dessert nothing. And we were the only people in there at 9:00pm. The red snapper was good have had better in other cities. Will not go back. If you like your waiters dry look like they hate being there and dont care if you are there or not then this is your place.

1  Thank Alicejujubee
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

If you're looking to spend a little extra money (80 USD) on some amazing seafood then this is the place to go. Great food and great service.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

We ate here a little while ago, the service was great and the food was very good. The fish is very fresh and prepared very tasty. Order the fish or shrimps, we had one grilled
chicken and it was good, however the fish dishes are better.
It is great for a quick, tasty fish dinner, not too expensive and well worth the prices.

2  Thank Turtledove8