New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Banderas is DEFINITELY the best!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Banderas Scuba Republic

Banderas Scuba Republic
More attraction details
Owner description: An experience with our Banderas Scuba Republic is like no other, not only will you have access to professional Scuba Diving equipment at the highest standards, our dive team wants to hear your ideas and interests about the shared compassion we have for the sub-aquatic world. Come to the pacific side of Mexico, come to Banderas Bay, come to Puerto Vallarta, it will be your best experience “going down”.
Sacramento, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Banderas is DEFINITELY the best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We did three consecutive days of diving in PV recently, in mid Feb. 2012, and dove with Cesar at Banderas SCUBA Republic. This is by far the BEST SCUBA experience I've ever had with a dive company! Cesar was personable but professional, and made all of our diving very comfortable and exciting. We felt like we had our own personal tour guide the whole time! The prices were definitely fair and the service was EXCELLENT! The dive shop was complete, and the boat Captain and staff made the dives really fun for us! I look forward to diving with Banderas and Cesar again in the future, and HIGHLY recommend this dive shop in PV for all of your diving needs!

1 Thank Nancy I

Helsinki, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving with Banderas Scuba Republic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

At the time of writing this review, it's a long time ago I went to Puerto Vallarta. Yet, I can clearly remember how Cesar Ortega and Marc Persey from Banderas Scuba Republic arranged an excellent training including one-day introductory session in a swimming pool and two days with totally four dives in nearby diving attractions. The only reason to why I could not give the experience a full rating was the bad underwater visibility during those days (bad luck, duh). If you plan to dive around Puerto Vallarta, don't hesitate to contact Banderas Scuba Republic for guidance and company! Also if you only plan to spend an ordinary vacation in PV, I encourage you to at least consider to get certified. Becoming familiar with the underwater world in a genuinely unique experience that is well worth the investment!

Best Regards,

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I have scuba dived for many years but Cesar was one of the most of the thorough dive leaders I have dived with. He took me to some of the best dive sites possible. The service was wonderful above any I have had. I would recommend Cesar to any diver whether beginner or advanced. And his captain was great too and their English was great which was helpful to us. Oh and the ham and cheese sandwich was great too....cant wait to come back.

2 Thank lovethekeys2_10
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A First-Rate Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

After receiving my SCUBA open water certification training with another dive shop in PV and being less than impressed with my experience, my boyfriend (a PADI master instructor) and I decided to give another dive shop a try. We just happened upon Banderas Scuba Republic during a stroll in Old Town, and stepped in to chat with whomever was working.

Cesar Ortega, the owner, was in the shop that day, and we were received warmly and with interest as to what we wanted out of a dive. His explanation of the dive sites, variable conditions, and marine life were detailed and candid, and he even showed us a website he uses to judge how water conditions are predicted to be over a week's time, which offered us a comprehensive window to make our decision, rather than the usual sales pressure you get with so many people pushing tours in PV.

On the day of the dive, all the gear was checked for proper fit before we left the building, and we were given a detailed briefing on the dive site, hand signals, and generally what to expect out of the day. We were fortunate enough to have Cesar all to ourselves that day, as the other divers with us were working on their advanced open water certifications. The dive was interesting, led well, and considerate for all three of us. Cesar had a wonderful attitude the entire time and was truly invested in our experience.

Although I intend to try as many dive shops as I can while I'm here on an extended stay, I can say without a doubt that Banderas Scuba Republic is an excellent choice for the seasoned diver and the newbie alike. We will definitely be diving with them again, hopefully several times! I recommend you stop here first if you want a great dive experience in PV.

1 Thank Creedence G
Avranches, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unforgetable diving iniciation !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Passed my Padi Open Water Certification in Puerto Vallarta at Banderas Scuba Republic.

Was absolutely amazing ! Great team, great people for a great experience.

You find everything someone needs to start loving a new hobby there.
Diving is a unique activity that can't be missed.

Also received pictures by email from my dives...what else can you ask for?

Mostly recomanded for anyone staying around Puerto Vallarta who wants to start being part of the diving world or just achieve another one or two dives - or more!
There is some beautiful submarine life down there.

Thanks again. Blaise