We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hacienda Mosaico
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My husband and I just returned from Hacienda Mosaico and I cannot say enough good things about it! I attended a 5 day jewelry making class there. What a fantastic setting to make art in! The place is beautiful. Art and nature everywhere you look. The food is the best! The owner and her staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at home. The rooms are large and lovely. We hope to be able to return every year.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 February 2012

My wife went to a Jewelry Making Workshop and I went along to relax and this place is a tropical paradise. From the time you arrive until you have to leave, everywhere you look you see works of art. The package we were on included breakfast and lunch for the first week and then just breakfast for the last few days. The food was different every day but fantastic always, the refried beans were bad from scratch as was everything else, no cans here. I am a type 1 diabetic and after they found out we had sugar-free lemonade or other beverages every day. On the days were the meal had a lot of sugar, I was offered sugar-free versions or a low carb alternative. The rooms are nice with art everywhere, multiple fans keep the room comfortable without using the air conditioner. There is a large pool which are crystal clean and a perfect temperature given the 82 degree air temperature every day.

For dinner we had many excellent options within blocks, including a taco cart on the corner where the two of us got a large dinner with beverages for $10 US including a 25% tip.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper get a room near the pool, while generally a quiet area sometimes partying...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PaulMCohen
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stumbled onto a random ad for the Hacienda Mosaico 6 years ago, and the rest as they say is history. I have returned to this hidden treasure for the past five years to participate in mosaic workshops, and have spread the word to many friends and instructors. Every time I walk thru the door, I know I will return again and again. This fabulous property and its buildings are like never ending art gallery's and is quietly tucked into a local neighborhood, beautifully maintained, and only minutes from the downtown area. The delicious food is prepared fresh daily in the out door kitchen and it too, is a work of art. We dine outside by the pool, taking in the beautiful surroundings and soaking up the perfect weather.
The owner, Sam, is there day and night to make sure all her guests needs are being met. To say I love it there is an understatement!

Room Tip: They all are perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I have just returned from taking a 5 day painting class in Puerto Vallarta with a group of artists. We all stayed at the Hacienda Mosaico and i cannot say enough about the experience. The grounds are a visual feast of magic full of art, mosaics, beautifully tended gardens and hidden treasures all around. There are many vignettes where one might lounge to read a book, drink a cup of coffee or perhaps write in a journal. I liked to pick a new spot every day. The staff is courteous and the meals were superb.

I have just blogged my visit with photos to Hacienda Mosaico, which can be found at http://lemoncholys.blogspot.com/2011/12/jesse-reno-class.html

the only thing i would suggest, is to pack ear plugs- they always come in handy!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2011

It was our first time in Mexico and we did not know what to expect. Looking for a more cultured, unique experience rather than the usual resort life, my husband and I found Hacienda Mosaico on Trip Advisory. From the moment we walked in, we knew it was exactly the haven we were seeking. The quaint hacidena, with it's outstanding staff and service, pool and diverse ammenities, was truly a hidden treasure. Every morning, we were greeted with a delicious breakfast and impromptu chats in Spanish. It was our private resort! We highly recommend Hacienda Mosacio to anyone who craves a more authentic experience in PV.
-S & K

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simkev
Reviewed 6 April 2011

This is a lovely serene place to stay and should you be fortunate to take a class a place for creative inspiration. We have been back twice and will keep coming. Sam is the most wonderful hostess. The food is fantastic and the accomodations charming and comfortable. The location is within walking distance of stores and shops and a quick ride into downtown. We have been coming to PV for years and have stayed in some lovely 4-5 star hotels and this is the best. It is like having your own hacienda without all the responsibilities. The swiming pool is marvelous and sparkling.

Room Tip: We like the rooms in the main hacienda.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We enjoyed our brief stay at Hacienda Mosaico which is primarily used as a place for artists' workshops who stay there on their vacation. We were the only ones there at the time and had a great time exploring the lovely grounds which are decorated with numerous art created on site. There is a gorgeous oval shaped pool which like everything there was spotless and very well maintained. Sam, our hostess, was friendly and not intrusive and guided us to the sites we asked to see. A taxi can take you downtown in 10 minutes or to the nearby hotel zone or marina area. There are some decent restaurants nearby. Sam's friendly staff provided us with abundant breakfasts. ALthough not really targeted for small children, ours (2 and 5) had a blast especially playing with Stella, the small dog on premises.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family