“THe Amaca isn't just a hotel; it feels like you are at home - go there!”
Review of Amaca Hotel

Amaca Hotel
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This was an amazing find. We had booked into another hotel which was seriously lacking and had gone here to watch the sunset from the rooftop bar (spectacular by the way and accompanied by a free shot of Tequila to see the sun down). We got talking to the barman and were soon introduced to the GM and the owner, who were all just great people. We ended up moving in the next day. The rooms are fabulous, white walls with warm and stylish Mexican furnishing and the softest bed I have slept in forever. Its position, set in the hillside affords many of the rooms with spectacular views and the hotel is only a short walk to the beach and the centre. The room rates are competitive and I think you get a lot of style for a good price. Add this to the fun and laughs we had with the staff and all the help they offered, you would be hard put to get such a great package elsewhere. Thanks to Bill, Nacho, Manny, Oswaldo and Oscar...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 March 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Amaca for a week. The location is simply perfect (though more stairs to get there than most would prefer), but we loved it! The bright, open air room was breezy, great comfortable bed and awesome view of the city and ocean down below. No phones in the rooms or WiFi (except in lobby), but for me a blessing for a quiet getaway where no work is allowed! The rooftop pool is nice, but chilly. The staff were friendly and accommodating to any need. This hotel "could" be much more - perfect location, rooms, etc... but appears to be "finding themselves." I think we lucked out because of that fact actually (no crowds and quiet hotel). The rooftop needs sprucing up, but we loved having it to ourselves. We would definitely stay there again. Can't get closer to the awesome restaurants, beach and close to the bus to go to Mismaloya and Boca de Tomatlan. I suggest you give it a try.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2011

This is a fabulous hotel but very different...We spent 4 weeks feb/mar there and I paid up 4 weeks in advance(cash) in full because I knew we would not get disappointed ...We have spent 8 weeks there since last October...my guest coming from manchester UK...(3 flights)...I have stayed here 4 times and intend going back in Oct 2011 and Feb 2012 (another 8 weeks)...The staff are the best in the PV....I know everyone by name -and they can not do enough for a guest...The rooms are spotless and I have a great nights sleep on the white pure cosy cotton bedsheets...The views are to die for . Our room was fantastic--thanks Nacho..!!...internet was good altho not all thru the hotel..bar service was cheap..If you want a stunning tan this is the place-on the upper deck and very private...The area is full of great bars..mostly gay..we are not gay ..but we met some fab people........Best Thanks to Manny. Nacho.Bill, Jose, Luiza, Mari, Eric, Carlos,Raoul,Oswaldo, ..youre all the best...see you for 4 weeks in October...for another great time....please see my fotos....

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank roofingman
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Just back to the city from a wonderful stay at Amaca. Great location right in the heart of the romantic zone but high above the hustle and bustle. Very friendly staff and the best sun set I've ever seen from the great bar on the roof. Over all a very pleasurable experince and I'll look forward to another visit.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2011

The staff knew who I was upon arrival. Helped me to my room showed me around the property. Hotel was small but had so many reasons to go back. I was so comfortable I didn't want to leave. The views from the room were amazing. Close to food, beach, and much more. I can't wait to go back and stay again. I plan on extending the stay a little longer on my next trip. The staff made great recommendations on where to eat and what to do in the city. I had a great time. I have recommended this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2011

No water in the room. Windows broken. Dirty pool. No spa... it is closed. No phone in the bedroom. No Wifi.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmhdb
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Property Claimed to be 3-1/2 stars with restaurant, bar; room was to have direct-dial phone, toiletries, bathtub, bath robes and be a "master suite". IT HAD NONE OF THESE THINGS and was not a suite! There wasn't even an alarm clock in the room let alone other typical amenities. The balcony door didn't lock. Only two hard wood chairs for comfort. Beautiful view of bay, city and mountains, but basic comforts and promised amenities were sorely lacking. The location is on a steep hill 1/3 mile from the beach. The shower was lousy. The pool was no larger than 10 ft. by 10 ft by 3 ft deep (at most) and was not heated, had very cold water. Not recommended.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo