Arrived on Sat Feb 11th and stayed for 9 days. We did the all inclusive package with food and drink being included as well as a few beach activities. The hotel is in decent shape and has a few flaws but thats hard to see when you see the scenery. The hotel check in is a bit slow but they don't move real fast in Mexico LOL. You are greeted at counter with a Mexican cocktail and they escort you and your luggage to your room. We had 1105. I would recommend the higher numbers since they are more of beach view.
Make sure and have alot of 20 pesos in hand since they work out great for the minor tipping needed there. The rate for us was around $1.25 on that 20 peso. The bars are set with great scenery and I highly recommend seats around the pool and look for JORGE. He is real attentive and has a great memory on drinks/person. We would tip him at end of day and he was extremely appreciative. (We were told they make about $9 a day without tips).
They dont clean rooms til well after noon. They do a great job when done. The massage area is a private area with a large hot tub. The couples massage was about $80 for 50 min. We did the TIME SCARE trip and they paid for it instead. The TIME SCARE people are at the front of the hotel and you can work them for alot of free stuff..golf, massages, trips etc. We got the masages, city bus tour, cab rides to the time share with a great tour in the cab as well as breakfast for two. You can get ALOT more than we did. I heard people getting 2-4 rnds of golf for FREE!!.
Meals are decent and I recommend the restuarant with the view at lunch time. The interior area is great for breakfasts and the omelettes were awesome. The entertainment at the pool is fun in the afternoons but the later evening stuff is kind of boring. Definitely hit the MALECON' (main shopping area a few blocks from hotel, easy walking distance) especially at night. The day time there is fun but it turns into a whole new town at night. The only real crime we heard of was pick pocketing.....just don't act like a tourist and where a ton of PV Mexico shirts, hats etc and you're fine.
The check out is best done a hr before (11am) with check out at noon. Every one checks out at last minute and its a slow line. Taxis are 120 pesos from hotel to airport. Check in at airport is rather easy and 2 hrs is surely enough time. We still had 1 hrs and 25 min til flight after check in at airlines/customs.
The other hotel in area to look at is the Sheraton. Its about 2 blocks away.
Recommend golf at Flamingos CC and Litibu' golf club.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to an unequalled all-inclusive resort experience at the best location in Puerto Vallarta. Beach, sunshine, tropical setting, vibrant spaces with color and joy, we provide everything you're looking for. A breath-taking place to relax and enjoy a fun-filled getaway. Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments invites you to enjoy its all-inclusive program with its excellent cuisine, as well as numerous activities suitable for the entire family. Our 234 rooms and suites include all of the comforts and amenities you'll require for an unforgettable stay, regardless of the purpose of your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buenaventura Grand Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Buenaventura Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta