“All inclusive package Feb 11th-20th 2012”

Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive
Ranked #26 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Arrived on Sat Feb 11th and stayed for 9 days. We did the all inclusive package with food and drink being included as well as a few beach activities. The hotel is in decent shape and has a few flaws but thats hard to see when you see the scenery. The hotel check in is a bit slow but they don't move real fast in Mexico LOL. You are greeted at counter with a Mexican cocktail and they escort you and your luggage to your room. We had 1105. I would recommend the higher numbers since they are more of beach view.
Make sure and have alot of 20 pesos in hand since they work out great for the minor tipping needed there. The rate for us was around $1.25 on that 20 peso. The bars are set with great scenery and I highly recommend seats around the pool and look for JORGE. He is real attentive and has a great memory on drinks/person. We would tip him at end of day and he was extremely appreciative. (We were told they make about $9 a day without tips).
They dont clean rooms til well after noon. They do a great job when done. The massage area is a private area with a large hot tub. The couples massage was about $80 for 50 min. We did the TIME SCARE trip and they paid for it instead. The TIME SCARE people are at the front of the hotel and you can work them for alot of free stuff..golf, massages, trips etc. We got the masages, city bus tour, cab rides to the time share with a great tour in the cab as well as breakfast for two. You can get ALOT more than we did. I heard people getting 2-4 rnds of golf for FREE!!.
Meals are decent and I recommend the restuarant with the view at lunch time. The interior area is great for breakfasts and the omelettes were awesome. The entertainment at the pool is fun in the afternoons but the later evening stuff is kind of boring. Definitely hit the MALECON' (main shopping area a few blocks from hotel, easy walking distance) especially at night. The day time there is fun but it turns into a whole new town at night. The only real crime we heard of was pick pocketing.....just don't act like a tourist and where a ton of PV Mexico shirts, hats etc and you're fine.
The check out is best done a hr before (11am) with check out at noon. Every one checks out at last minute and its a slow line. Taxis are 120 pesos from hotel to airport. Check in at airport is rather easy and 2 hrs is surely enough time. We still had 1 hrs and 25 min til flight after check in at airlines/customs.
The other hotel in area to look at is the Sheraton. Its about 2 blocks away.
Recommend golf at Flamingos CC and Litibu' golf club.

Adios!

Room Tip: pick higher room numbers for a beach view. There is no jacuzzi or hot tub unless you access a spa pa...
2  Thank Bykcop
Buenaventura G, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Estimado cliente, agradecemos sus comentarios, son fundamentales para poder mejorar.
Dear guest, we thank your comments, we work on improving our services.

There are newer reviews for Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We were greeted with a Marguerita upon arrival. Check in was simple and efficient; our room was clean and comfortable with a good shower. We had a good view of the grounds, the pool and the ocean from our 3rd floor room. There were only two a la carte restaurant facilities, but with changing menus there were three options available. We ate most of our meals at the buffet, which was very good. We especially appreciated the the special "theme nights" at the buffet, eg Mexican, Hawiian. The food services staff were friendly and helpful and especially went out of their way to help with a Gluten Free diet required. We especially enjoyed the cooking demonstrations conducted two or three times in the early afternoon. Once a week there was a great Mexican show with a singer and wonderful Mexican dancing. The Buenaventura is about seven blocks from the Malecon, and we walked there and in the old city several times. We were very satisfied, and would likely go again.

1  Thank PrairieFolk29

Reviewed 17 February 2012

My mom and I stayed here for 4 (?) nights last march. It was a last-minute spring break getaway we booked with United miles. We chose the hotel based on location and reviews. We were greeted warmly when we arrived. It was early, so we stowed our baggage and went across the street for lunch. I requested an ocean view but didn't really expect to get one considering our late booking date. Our room was on the side of the hotel. To be honest, I was happy with it--updated enough for me and we were hardly in there. They had told us to come back on our second or third morning to see if they had an ocean view room available, but when they showed it to us, there was barely a view, so we stayed with our original room. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there was a real ocean view room available, but I wasn't bothered about it.

We ordered room service for breakfast several times, and there wasn't anything we didn't like. Something I will say is that it might be best for someone who speaks decent English to take the phone orders. I am a progressive college student studying Spanish, so I'm not one of those haters!--I just mean for practical sake. Another morning we went to the convenience store next door and grabbed some pastries, fruit, juice and coffee for really cheap and ate it on the beach. Other than that, we never ate in the hotel. I'd recommend the restaurant next door--such a great view of the ocean for dinner at sunset.

We had massages at the spa and it was the best I've ever had. I thought the music from below and sounds of tourists on the beach would be annoying, but I was too blissed out! We also did the yoga class on the beach every morning which was fantastic! The computers were a great amenity to have, as I was on facebook a few times making friends back home jealous! We booked a dolphin excursion through concierge and I LOVED it. The hotel's beach was ok--I knew I wasn't supposed to expect pristine--but I never went in the water given the rocks (and someone saw a snake at one point). All the loungers were great though, as was the drink service. I'm glad there weren't just Americans staying at the hotel either. I wanted to parasail but read a lot of horror stories, so I'll do that somewhere where it's regulated. Looked fun though!

I most likely wouldn't stay here again because I like trying new places, but I would probably recommend it to others..

Room Tip: Don't worry about where your room is--you'll spend most of your time on the beach. If you re...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Denverite0509

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed Feb 8-15th. Location is very close to Malecon and old town. This is an older property and needs update. Do not pay for ocean view as you will not get one and if so, it is not worth the money.

2  Thank manzyLV

Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 2-week vacation at PV. My husband isn't keen on walking or shopping so it was a perfect location for me as I was able to walk down to the malecón and go shopping on my own. Most guests in the hotel were very friendly and we visited with a lot of new people at the pool bar after dinner every night.

The rooms are clean and quiet and the food was excellent. The service in the restaurants and bars was fast and efficient. The staff are all very friendly and cheerful and greet patrons like old friends. The cooks are great and the lady who cooked eggs remembered every day how my husband liked his eggs cooked.

The Activities staff works hard to plan activities and they had a variety of fun and games for the varied ages of guests. The evening shows were small but this is a smaller hotel and they did well with what they had. The Saturday evening live band on Feb. 4th was excellent.

The concierge in this hotel was very helpful and was, in fact, a concierge and not a hustler for time share sales. In fact, we were never once accosted in the hotel by time share salesmen.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Buenaventura and we will certainly book there again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor on the north side facing the Villa Premiere next door with a road/walk...

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I went down to Puerto Vallarta in March of 2011 and stayed at the Buenaventura resort hotel.
The location was top-notch - perhaps more suited for people who wanted to walk around and see some of the great attractions of PV while being fairly close to downtown and some more of the Mexican culture there as well.
The service was great - except for one older man at the front desk who was very rude. Made a point at the time to remember the name, but it's been a while and it has slipped my mind.
Every bartender, server, cleaning staff, etc. were all hard-working people who aimed to please. Always smiling, and not trying to scam or annoy you to get that extra buck.

The fridges could have been stocked a little better (only a few Tecate cans of beer and some water each day) - but room service was very fast, and only a phone call away, where you could order whatever you wanted. So no issue.

Poolside bar had the best service and Mexican night at the buffet was the best food. Brazilian restaurant was okay - although the range in meat was surprising (salmon and chicken to start.. which was nice... but then a chopped up hot dog eventually came, which was more funny than anything).

Malecon was very close - perhaps a 5-10 minute walk, although the beach at this particular resort was very small and empty. However, in Puerto Vallarta there is so much to do, especially in this area, that this was a non-issue.

Overall, a great value, with great food and exceptional service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had a fabulous time--older hotel but all the best facilities.service was the absolute best
(have been to 5 star and they can't compare) The staff is so friendly and accommodating, it's hard to to describe!! The cleanliness of the hotel and grounds are #1. My husband & I are 80 and didn't partake in a lot of activities (he went parasailing for the first time--fantastic) but walked to the Malacon daily and enjoyed it all. We were there 15 days and felt like family!! Will be back very soon--God willing!! Please post pics of your city beautification in front, should be fantastic when finished!!