Hotel Mercurio
US$286
US$307
US$184
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$180
US$130
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$631
US$258
  • Beachfront
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$227
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$339
US$286
US$396
US$220
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$149
Marriott Hotels
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
US$324
  • Pool
All reviewsgay beachgay hotelblue chairszona romanticaevery morningpool areayogurtrooms are basicplenty of hot waterking roomsmall hotelromantic zonelocation is greatceiling fansmall poolfirst floorpoolside bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 March 2018

This is my second review for the Mercurio .. What a great place in every aspect. Location, price, staff. My room was ready and spotless as was last visit. Was greeted upon arrival as if i were family returning home. Gaberial was on spot with my room request and his greeting was friendly as before. He got up from his desk as i am sure he was plenty busy to welcome me with a hug and ask how flight was and the welcome home reply. After a speedy sign in escorted to my room and i felt home... Refreshed with a great shower and unpacking off i went to find some local eatierie not realizing they now have a full day or night menu at the Mercurio now. The breakfast that is daily is the best on P V. Great job Carlos... Breakfast is included in hotel price and it is served daily from 8 til 11 . Menu varies from day to day and no one goes away unhappy. Loved all the upgrades new outdoor furniture new ceiling fan in my room. may not seem like much but when it is done top notch as this hotel does it is a good thing. Thanks Paul... The bedding and towels were of top quality as was the bed itself i always sleep like a baby when i hit the rack. To all the staff want to give a big thank you and hopefully return for the 3rd time next year.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2018

It's the final night of my stay at the Hotel Mercurio. As always the staff took great care of me; not just maintaining the hotel, cooking and cleaning, etc. but making me feel like I was staying with extended family. Alex and Luis at the front desk were always asking how my morning or afternoons went, helping me with activities, directions, and advice. Jorge, Rafael, Briam, David, everyone at the courtyard bar made sure I had food or drink, and a timely chat or smile. (The afternoons here attract many people beyond hotel guests so it is easy to make friends to chat, hit the beach, and maybe even stay in touch between visits,) Carlos serves breakfast, and is genuinely disappointed if anyone is not fully ecstatic over his custom breakfasts. Many other staff still took the time to smile and say hi (burger boys, cleaners, maintenance) as well as assure me that they remember me from prior visits. The night staff kept us safe as guests came and went in the wee hours (this town goes all night long). Thanks everyone at the Mercurio for another wonderful visit.

Room Tip: Overlooking the courtyard to check out the action, street side is a little quieter
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We had a recent 8 night stay at the Mercurio and were so very happy with everything we encountered from location within walking distance to just about everything we were planning to do, great morning breakfast, fun Happy Hour at the poolside bar and such an amazingly friendly staff. We will never hesitate to use their facilities on future visits to Puerto Vallarta ~

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018

I spent a week with my partner in Mercurio Hotel, in a King Room First floor with a nice view, everything fine except for a mold on the ceiling and really tiny bathroom. Hope they will fix that ASAP. Overprice maybe for beefdip weekend.
Sunday's night are crazy and wild, if you don't like that I would recomend to be on third floor.
Breakfast was Great!! Good Internet and their staff really helpful.
I will give them another chance next time but stay in a different room and have a great time there.

Room Tip: If you like be ON party, then choose first floor
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jehnson J
cristpd, Owner at Hotel Mercurio, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Sorry your stay was less than perfect! We try. I'll have the maintenance guy check that ceiling... in the tropics, mold is a constant battle, especially on ground floor rooms. The size of the bathrooms on the upper floor rooms are bigger - not huge, but bigger. And changing the size of a bathroom involves a very major remodel of plumbing (in a solid concrete building)... not much we can do about that until we tear down and rebuild from the ground up. Glad you enjoyed the staff and our fantastic breakfast! Give us another try and ask for a room on the top floor!

Paul Crist
owner

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Website is misleading as you see only pictures of men even though its Co-Ed.They give the illusion of something they are not. Just a warning as we were confused at first when we saw women at the hotel and realized later.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R L

Discrimination is illegal, and, we believe, wrong. We cater to an overwhelmingly gay male clientele - probably more than 95%. When a non-gay person or couple, or a woman, inquires about a room, we make sure they understand who our clientele is. We believe that if they are comfortable in our world, respectful and accepting, we owe them the same courtesy. It's not about misleading (and in no place on our website has it ever said "Exclusively gay male.") Thank you for your comment.

Paul Crist, owner