“Pool Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bellingham, Washington
“Pool Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We came on vacation this spring and had a great time!! The hotel was beautiful and the service was great. We spent all of our time at the pool because the wait staff was so amazing. In particular, Gilberto and Jacinto from the Aqua bar went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. Our service was great and our drinks were never empty long. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Choose a studio for the best price and if you aren't going to spend much time there. You will w...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our week at Velas. The springtime weather is perfect, especially knowing how hot and humid the summer can be. Gilberto and Jacinto (servers from the aqua bar) were extremely friendly and helpful! They kept our drinks full, made quick turn around on food, and had upbeat attitudes everyday!

Velas is a great place for couples or families...it seemed like both enjoyed themselves.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Spokane, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

This is the third time we have stayed at Velas Vallarta and each time has been a wonderful and relaxing visit. Staff is excellent! We were made to feel like we were the most important people they had ever hosted. We were guests of a couple who had purchased a time share several years ago and everyone at Velas seemed to know them by name, even though they only stay twice a year. We were originally assigned to a two bedroom unit and were upgraded to a three bedroom unit closer to the ocean/beach. Lovely interior design as well as beautiful patio/balcony with flowers blooming everywhere. Resturants are very good on the property. Poolside service and beach service were excellent. We were not 'all inclusive' which meant we could walk to the Marina area where there are several very good restaurants and well as many small boutique shops . Golf course is also within walking distance. A short cab ride to downtown/Melacon area. No need for a rental car. Resort grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The resident peacock is pretty proud of himself. There are several big iguanas that roam the pool area to the delight of the guests.
Would highly recommend this property for a relaxing stay in Puerto Vallarta.

Room Tip: Asks for a room on the upper floors that would be closer to the ocean/beach
1 Thank PatandDiSpokane
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We've just returned from Puerto Vallarta where we stayed at the lovely Velas Vallarta. The property is beauitifully maintained. The Suites spottless. The pool areas immaculate. We did not sign up for the all inclusive, however found oursleves eating on the property 3 different occasions.. Andrea restaurant was delicious with excellent service. We, also enjoyed the Mexican Fiesta. Good food and a lot of fun. And also ate at the beachside restaurant. Very good as well.

We are looking forward to our next trip to Velas Vallarta. It is like going home.

Littleton, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

My husband and I came here for our 10 yr wedding anniversary and had an amazing time! The staff were beyond helpful, kind, and served your every need. We knew that we'd be asked for a timeshare presentation and as owners with another resort we accepted and got free tickets to the dolphin show, which for us on a tight budget was worth it!!

We just got home today and I miss all of it... the food was excellent, the service, the entertainment, the pools, the ocean walks. Great place for a get away and filled with a variety of people... young, seniors, families, couples. We hope to come back again!!!

3 Thank Colleen S
Mexico City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have only been here two and a half hours (hello from room 3816) and hate this hotel. It started with check in. I was joining my partner who arrived Wednesday this Good Friday morning and my name was given to desk with all details. I did not even ask for a credit for the nights I did not stay. I was looking forward to a short break. Rude desk clerk who wanted to see this in writng, could not find my name, etc. I had to call my partner who came to the rescue and the clerk even admitted my name was clearly written on the booking and then produced a preprinted reservation form. He had a nasty attitude. Expedia.com said there is a sofa bed in the room so I thought that would jeah a sofa. No, it is a cheap rattan seat and foot rest that does not open to a sofe. Television site like I had at home 20 years ago, aged kitchen, room right in front of the elevator means i get to hear the staff complaining to each other all the time too. OK, off to breafkast as it was early and there is a long line and lots of free tables. One of the annoyed U.S./Canadian tourists in front of me said that "This is Mexico. It has two speeds. Stop and slow." Insulting comment about my country, but true here. The hotel does not invest in training their staff for sure. All smiles to get tips for incompetence. Good breakfast buffet with eager waiters a plus. OK, then I use the high speed wireless Internet (you buy an access card in a vending machine as you would in a Motel 6). My Nile River cruise ship had better Internet access two years ago, but it works. Then, to the beach and a swarm of bees took over the palapa on the beach my small group that includes two children was using. The hotel staff showed up 20 minutes later and killed the bees. The beach vendors were very concerned that we may get bit, the hotel staff really did not care and clearly have seen this plenty of times. Of course, nowhere to move to on the beach or at the pool at 1 pm and no desire to sit under a palapa filled with the smell of bug spray and dead bees so I am here writing this review. Then I will watch the old television in my room. Why am I spending a small fortune for five people to be tortured like this? I have a nice pool at home, no ocean unfortunately, and a much nicer television and room. I have stayed at Dreams Puerto Vallarta before and it is much better, nicer facility, nicer beach, more variety, prettier, better rooms and better staff so it is not the destination. It is this hotel, which is the family oriented of the Velas chains and i have no desire to ever see their other properties. What an expensive disappointment. I am glad I booked an early flight out on Sunday so the misery here ends after tomorrow. This hotel is one reason tourists are staying away from Mexico and going to other destinations that have emerged from closed minded third world attitudes. It makes me sad.

Room Tip: Go to Dreams or Four Seasons Punta Mita. This place needs to be razed and rebuilt.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank Happy_on_the_road
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Velas Vallarta has it all. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The resort is beautiful and very well kept. Wonderful views from every room and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Can't wait to go again next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
#2 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,442 reviews
0.4 km away
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallar...
#10 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
Villa La Estancia
Villa La Estancia
#1 of 2 in Flamingos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,175 reviews

Been to Velas Vallarta? Share your experiences!