8 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$185
Agoda.comUS$185
Snaptravel
4,058 results
All reviews tiki taco sun club seaside grill da mario italian restaurant world cafe coco cafe entertainment team the holiday inn puerto vallarta resort kids club swim up bar ocean view beach area fire show mexican night dress code
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2021 via mobile

Loved the way Dayanna, Amayrani, and Jasmin watched over our children. Very patient and my kids looked forward to returning to camp. They were many activities to choose from and they were always tired from an active day. Thank you ladies!!! Familia de Lucas y Valentina Alvarado

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2021

Dear 493biancaa,

On behalf of the entire Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your review regarding your excellent experience at our hotel.

There is no better reward for our work than reading the excellent time that you had due to the excellent services and attention of all our staff, especially the girls at the Explorer´s Club. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and will share it with our team.

We would all be delighted to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Until then, we wish you all the best.

Social Media Manager
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta

Reviewed January 4, 2021 via mobile

Still amidst the COVID pandemic, had to escape the cold of Canada so took off to PV, Mexico and booked at Sunscape thru WestJet.
Starting off with COVID safety at the airports, and the flight—-both airports, airline took great care in Safety measures. Made me feel better about travel during these controversial time.
Arriving at Sunscape, by cab (all cabs require masks while rising), I was greeted by friendly security at the gate who also took my temp and asked if I was checking in. And yes I was.
Greeted then by lobby staff that were great in holding my luggage until the 3 pm check in—was able to use all facilities until I could check into my room.
All hotel staff are required to wear masks, there are sanitizer stations set up all around the resort, signs posted on elevators for maximum person to ride at one time, and signs reminding guests to social distance. All guests required to wear masks walking around the resort and sanitize their hands. I knew I was going to feel ok staying at Sunscape.
Roger was very gracious to show me around after getting my room. He was a great help with questions throughout my stay.
The pool staff I was served by through the week were very attentive, personable, and kind. Shouts out to Eduardo, and Jose-Louis especially.
The lobby bar staff were equally as excellent—fast and skilled in mixology, friendly, funny, and very attentive— shouts out to Gustavo (Guss), and Omar !! They also have great patience for some guests that were obnoxious and loud.
I am sorry that I don’t remember every staff members names that I had interactions with but all interactions were kind and respectful.
Sunscape truly has some gems.
For the New Year’s Eve celebration at the hotel, all off the staff what set it up, are absolutely amazing!!!! It took over a day for them to set up, and in the morning of Jan 1, the entire set up had disappeared. Some truly hard workers at Sunscape.
And the New Years celebration went until 1:30 am—and it was quite spectacular with all hands on deck so to say with incredible dinner service and continued service into the night.
The Sun Club room I was in (on the 12th floor) was a very spacious room—like a mini suite. Had a perfect view of Bandaras Bay. I would say any room above the 10th floor will give you an amazing view (there are 17 floors). Room was kept spotless every day—incredible housekeeping staff.
The entire faculty was well kept by staff. Never did I witness any mess that wasn’t immediately cleaned up. One day, a child had thrown up near the pool and immediately, staff were on it cleaning it up.
Also on the property is a young man hired with a Harris Hawk. He and the hawk keep all the nuisance birds away like the multitude of pigeons in the area. His hawk is 2 years old and still in training. You can see he truly cares for the hawk in how he handles her. That is so nice not having nuisance birds hanging around the resort.
The resort is child and teen friendly. The pool has a couple of sections that are shallower for young children but not the best depth for toddlers.
There are plenty of loungers but found you had to get to the pool or beach early to “reserve” your lounger—still some jerks out there that remove towels and personal items to suit themselves—so beware.
Overall I would recommend Sunscape as a getaway destination for solo travellers, couples or families.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Georgiegal5646,

We would like to express our gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it.

We will be delighted to share your kind words with our team as they are truly committed to making our guests feel at home through their hospitality.

Sunscape Puerto Vallarta is your new family and we look forward to your soon return!

Social Media Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2021 via mobile

I have stayed at nearly every class hotel in Mexico. From one star to five. This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed!!! Until this place........I have always felt welcome in Mexico. The Sunscape changed that quickly!!!

I am currently still here with 2 nights yet to go. I am literally trying to book an earlier flight so I can leave this place. It is the most unfriendly place I have ever visited. Staff is rude and have gone out of their way to make our vacation difficult. Pay a little more and go elsewhere. Price was initially attractive but we have regretted nearly every minute of this trip.

This hotel treats “locals” with smiles and accommodations. Unless you are from Mexico.....I would go elsewhere.

Wanted to love it.........but Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!!

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank bretth505
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2021

Dear bretth505,

We appreciate your time sharing your feedback and experiences following your recent visit here with us.

It is with great sadness that we learn of an overall disappointing experience, for which we cannot but offer our sincerest apologies. There seems to have been a number of deficiencies encountered which are very atypical and not reflective of our brand experience; if this stay was marred by irregular circumstances, we can only renew our apologies and assure you that we have in the meantime briefed the team at great length of your comments.

While we understand the way you felt about the situation experienced during your stay, we do hope that our reply to your feedback restores some semblance of trust on us.

With this said, we look forward to having the opportunity of hosting you back on a renewed opportunity to redeem your confidence in our resort and service.

Kind regards,

eConcierge & Social Media Manager

Reviewed December 31, 2020

Our children 10 and 3 had fabulous time at the kids club. They couldn't enough of it special thank to Dayanna and Jasmin who made it extra special over Xmas holiday for our kids.Thanks again :) for a great time

Hello Andrewsgarton,

Thank you very much, for booking with us at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa and also for taking the time to share with us your great happiness and appreciation for the Kids Club and the resort itself. We want to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your preference and we hope to see you again in your home away from home in the not distant future, where to serve you is our pleasure.

Econcierge & Social Media Manager

Reviewed December 30, 2020

Generally enjoyed our experience. I was happy to see that the resort wasn't overcrowded at all and that, in large part, it was a safe, clean, and fun environment. We experienced fantastic service from the concierge (Fernando) and UVC (Esteban) staff that made out experience that much better. The property could certainly do with some updates and renovations. The sporting facilities (tennis, basketball, mini-golf) were in particularly poor shape and the main lobby should have ramp access. That said, fairly good value for the price you pay and largely what you'd expect for a 4-star resort in the area.

Fantastic concierge staff (Fernando, Esteban)
Great coffee (Patricia)

Certain details in the online listing didn't come across (e.g. 24-hour access to food and beverage options, 24-hours coffee service, Endless daily land and water activities for all ages, Cable television)
Lots of selling happening (vacation club, wandering beach vendors)
Balcony door had no lock

Dear 980josepha,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and for sharing this review about your holidays with us.

All the comments from our guests are really important for us since feedback is always taken into consideration to improve and being able to offer our guests remarkable experiences. Please receive our apologies for falling short of your expectations. We do however hope that, as we continue to work towards enhancing our product, you may decide to give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future as we now have more lounge chairs for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future for your next return.
Kind regards!