9 people are viewing this hotel
eDreamsUS$248
PricelineUS$161
StayForLongUS$210
4,054 results
All reviews tiki taco sun club seaside grill da mario italian restaurant world cafe coco cafe entertainment team the holiday inn puerto vallarta resort kids club swim up bar ocean view beach area fire show mexican night dress code
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2021 via mobile

I stayed with my family at this resort for almost 2 weeks. From the moment we checked-in, VERONICA, and other friendly reception staff, made us feel welcome. Also, from day one, I was pleased to see my two sons having fun with the entertainment team. DAVID, FABIAN, and MARTIN had a lot of fun activities (eg. volleyball in the pool, as well as in the beach, "the best football catch” game, "guessing the movie” based in the music, karaoke time, etc.) throughout the day. My favorite activity was "Zumba” with JESSICA. She was very energetic and fun. I loved the way she encouraged us to keep trying (shouting and singing encouragement words). I loved her style! In addition, I really appreciate the effort MARIO OLVERA put into his job with the lights, sound, and music for all the events and activities, especially during Christmas Eve. He played beautiful Christmas Carols for the kids (and adults) could sing along. That was awesome! Aside from this, in the pool area, JOSE LUIS and JOAQUIN, the pool waiters, were always very attentive, getting our drinks very fast and offering us special drinks and the "drinks of the day”. Moreover, SALVADOR, the A&B manager, was always around, making sure that we the guests were well treated and getting our drinks and other things we might had asked for. He was amazing!! The food and the treatment we got at the different restaurants was very good, but in the "Seaside", as well as in the "Da Mario” restaurants, the waiter NOE, the head waiter ROSENDO, chef EMMANUEL, and pastry chefs PEDRO and KARELYA made our dinners superb! They went above and beyond spoiling us and preparing our food!! They made a special dinner for us every night (see photos). They really made us feel very special and pampered. Also, ANGELICA, the hostess from "Tiki Taco” restaurant, always greeted us with a beautiful smile. She was in charge of checking our temperature, providing us with hand sanitizer, and making sure that we all have our facemask on before taking us to our table, where JANET, ANAHÍ, and/or JESÚS were so ready to assist us with our drinks, or any other needs. They were very kind. In addition, PATRICIA, from "Coco Café” made my days by preparing me a delicious capuchino every morning. She did not only made and decorated my capuchino, but also offered me a cookie, a piece of cake, or any other available pastry. She was very nice! Even more, at breakfast time, at the Seaside Buffet, the waiters MIGUEL and ELMER were not only nice and friendly, but also aware of what we needed. The delicious green juice, the coffee, and other beverages were always at our table. They learned very quick what we liked it. Special thanks to DAYANA and JASMIN, from Explorer‘s Club. These kind and energetic ladies always showed great attitude towards the children. They treated my grandsons (and the rest of the kids) very, very nice. They kept them busy with fun activities such as “Treasure Hunt”. My grandkids had a great time with these lovely ladies. Last but not least, special thanks to the maid YESENIA for the superb job she did in cleaning and leaving my room super sharp. Overall, all I can say is that this beautiful resort and staff really exceeded my expectations!! I will definitely come back soon.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2021

Dear love4ame,

Let us thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent staying with us at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa. Thank you for your preference and we hope to see you again in your home away from home.

Thanks for your preference, it has been our pleasure to attend you in Sunscape Puerto Vallarta and we hope to see you again in your home away from home in a not distant future, where serving you: It’s a pleasure.

Best Regards,

eConcierge & Social Media Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2021

We stayed at the Sunscape hotel in PV for 4 weeks in Nov-Dec 2020 and loved the hotel.
Our room was on the 14th floor was great with beautiful view overlooking the pool and ocean.
We found the food was delicious and what a variety. Our waiter, Cirio, in the World Café at night gave us incredible, impeccable service. H e really paid attention to detail. I highly recommend to ask for him by name and I guarantee he will take good care of you and your needs. The afternoon activities were great, same with the evening shows'. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Get a room up high facing the pool and the ocean
Date of stay: December 2020
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2021

Hello Mobile566654,

Thank you very much, for booking with us at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa and also for taking the time to share with us your great happiness and appreciation with the resort itself. We want to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay with us.

We hope that the many positive aspects of your stay encourage you to return to Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa and continue allowing us to cater to your vacation wishes.

Reviewed January 7, 2021

We travelled Dec 29-Jan 6. We usually travel a few times a year, this hotel checks off alot of boxes but simply to many cons for us to return. Alex the pool waiter is the only reason we even decided to review. This property has so much potential but misses the mark on too many things.
The check in process was soooo slow, its 2021 they need to speed up the process. The current process is way to slow, I have been to places with a group of 50 and we got checked in faster. Soon as you check in the Unlimited Vacations time share staff start at you........ Being nice doesn't work with them. Please stop.
I wish the hotel would keep the people selling stuff outside the roped off beach area. I know they are probably hurting with this COVID economy but NO I do not want another hat,sunglasses,coverup,cup, braclet. For the 10 time in one day. They actually drove us to the pool a few day.
This hotel has potential but really misses the mark, there are too many places in PV to stay for them not to excel at what they do.
We got so board with food , we ate out Dinner 4 times in 8 days. You can't even get chips and guacamole at this hotel.
Teen Club is a waste of space when Dad can't play pool with 15year old boy. This space and equipment was never being used.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank Andrea M

Dear Andrea M,

We would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback through this mean. Your comments are truly valuable for us, as this allows us to improve our service levels and product.

We truly regret hearing that our dining options have not met your expectations; we encourage our guests to provide us with their feedback in regards to our services during their stay in order for us to be able to offer them the best experience.

We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future, please do not hesitate in contacting us for any assistance.

Regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2021 via mobile

Despite being in the middle of a pandemic, being at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta for Christmas was the highlight to such an unfortunate year. They take extra precautionary measures such a taking temperature at the indoor restaurants (Tiki Taco and Da Mario) and well as when you first arrive. They disinfect the reclining pool chairs daily. They also have signs posted around the resort to maintain social distance, wear a face mask and have hand sanitizer stationed all throughout the resort. Rooms as disinfected and cleaned daily.

Before our trip, my husband was in contact with Gerardo the concierge because we were planning a surprise dinner for my mother’s birthday. He was very helpful and patient with us while we decided on menu and how many guests we were having. The dinner was delicious to say the least and Noe (from Seaside Grill) and Rosendo (head waiter) were amazing while we had our private dinner on a cliff viewing the ocean.

My boys we super happy to find out two things: super cool new water slides and the Explorer’s Club. Jasmin, Dayanna and Jessica (from the entertainment team)were beyond amazing. They were so kind, patient and caring with my boys. They planned fun actives daily. They made a lot of cute crafts (my favorite were the Christmas elves and Santa candy holder). I can’t believe they hand cut all the pieces for these awesome crafts.

Shoutout to Neftali. He is in charge of making sure there isn’t any pesky birds trying to take the food. He was very informative and shared a lot of cool information about his Golden Eagle and how he trains him. We could see he has a special bond with his eagle.

All the hosts and waiters were very friendly and attentive. Shoutout to Miguel and Mario (waiters at World Café), Noe, Julio, Rosendo, Chef Emmanuel Pastry Chef Pedro (Staff at Sea Side Grill), Angelica, Berenice, Janis, Jesus, Anahi (staff at Tiki Taco), and Miguel, José Luis, Joaquín, Eduardo and Salvador (Poolside waiters).

Dear maria_2002_10,

First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and a detailed explanation regarding your recent staying with us at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa.

We are very pleased to know that your experience during your vacation with us has been a memorable one. We will be delighted to share your kind words with our team, as well as they are truly committed to making our guests feel at home through their hospitality.

Best Regards,

eConcierge & Social Media Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2021 via mobile

Omar the bartender was great! He served us very well and made my family and I feel right at home away from home. Thank you Omar for your great service and great attitude, we appreciate you. Sunscape needs more people like you on its grounds. If you are interested in great service, stop by and visit Omar.

Date of stay: January 2021

Hello aliciabV1675JN,

Thank you for your preference and we hope to see you again in your home away from home in a not distant future, where to serve you is our pleasure.