4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$120
Official HotelUS$134
StayForLongUS$192
3,629 results
All reviews sky lounge rooftop bar nightly entertainment close to downtown activities staff infinity pool pool side time share presentation ceviche water aerobics nachos ocean front the wait staff mario resort pv vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2021 via mobile

We stayed at the resort and had the absolute pleasure of dining at the a la carte many nights. The service for our family of 7 was beyond amazing and the food was delicious! We were always greeted with a friendly smile and brought to our table. The staff checked we were comfortable and our drinks were always full. We love to experience different foods and we were so impressed here! The food was brought out in such a timely manner and the dishes were cleared promptly. The presentation was always spectacular! A huge thank you to Ricardo, Roberto, Martin and Omar for an incredible experience. We highly recommend this place!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank farmersfive
Jaime Falcon, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2021

Thank you for such beautiful comments, we are pleased to know that we exceeded all your expectations regarding your vacation. All the staff is always attentive to guarantee a smile from each of our guests.
Your congratulations will be extended, we hope to have you with us again. Until next time !!

Cordially.

Reviewed December 25, 2020

Do you think it cannot happen to YOU? Do you think you can't get sick or injured, or have some other calamity befall you that will cause you to not be able to go on your vacation? Yeah, that was me, too. I am 71 and I fell near the hotel crossing a construction site. I was badly injured and my wife was afraid of infection. We made the decision to return to the USA for treatment.

Have we gotten even ONE EMAIL from Pelicanos? No. Not even a response to our cancellation. They just kept our 30,000 MXN pesos. NOT ONE WORD! I have never even HEARD of a hotel that can work like this. Maybe a one-night penalty. I would be okay with that. What if I had reserved for 30 days? Are you going to retain the entire amount? I wonder why TripAdvisor and Booking.com even deal with companies like this.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Ray H
Jaime Falcon, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2020

Mr Ray H, first of all I want to express you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I would like to get in touch with you and know more about the case. Under what name was your reservation, what day did you leave the hotel?

Cordially
Resort Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2020

I've been to this resort a few times. It's one of my favorites in PV. I like the food, tons of variety and flavor, better alcohol for drinks then most places which makes for less hangovers. Rooftop sky bar is our favorite, not something you see with many resorts
With COVID they have taken many precautions to make it very safe on the resort. Something i think we all think about when leaving home. The BIGGEST reason i love this resort is the staff. They make our stay so special. David the concierge manager chatted with me before i got there and answered my questions about upgrading to a large tower suite, then was awsome once we arrived making sure everything was petfect for us.
Fabriccio the bartender was THE BEST we were there for 9 days and he always went way out of his way to make our stay absolutely amazing, he'd run to the othe side of the resort to get the tequila we like if he was out at his bar. He'd help me learn some spanish during his down time. Bring us little peanut snacks from the bar. When id plan to travel outside of the city he'd tell me which areas are safe vs not quite. Of course all the wait staff were awesome but Fabriccio was just a really genuine person, looking to help anyone regardless of how much they tip. Not to mention his drinks were excellent! His English was really good he's a really personable and talented bartender. We'll for sure be looking for him next time we stay at the resort. Thank you to everyone for another amazing vacation. Te veo pronto!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah_the_wanderlust
Jaime Falcon, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2020

Hotel Plaza Pelicanos Grand appreciates your valuable comments, we are pleased to know that we meet all your expectations. The service and quality distinguish us, your congratulations will be extended to our staff. Thank you once again, see you soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2020

My Wife and I have stayed here 5 different times. I cannot say enough about all of the staff who work there, they are so nice and friendly, try to accommodate all your needs. Location is great, about a 30 to 45 minute walk (along the waterfront or the road to downtown.
Breakfast is great at the restaurant and the snacks yo can order by the pool are great.
Regarding COVID-19, this resort takes it very seriously and everyone is masked up and hand sanitizers were readily available.
Farmacias' right across the road from main entrance as well as an OXXO where you can buy water.
There is also a liquor store about 100yds to the left of the resort.
Pool Bar waiters, Hector and Pedro speak excellent English and go out of there way to help you.

Cab ride into town for 4 people about !20 pesos.
Highly recommend this resort. Try to get a room in the Tower with an Ocean View and make sure you visit the Rooftop Bar to appreciate the sunsets.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with RCI
2  Thank philmurphyaz
Jaime Falcon, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2020

Reviewed December 1, 2020

My wife, brother, and two other couples recently returned from a ten-day vacation at the Plaza Pelicanos Grand. This was my family's second visit to the Grand, and our third visit to a Pelicanos resort. We utilized the "all inclusive" option.

We seriously considered cancelling the vacation because of COVID, but we concluded that it was relatively safe to visit Puerto Vallarta. The resort was cleaned and sanitized frequently, and social distance policies were in place. While there were some lapses in mask enforcement, we felt safe. I would have given a five stars review had management enforced the mask policy better.

My wife and I had two couples massages. The spa services are provided by accommodating professionals and are a real value.

The rooms and suites are clean and comfortable. Washers and dryers are available. Buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner was consistently good. The Resort offers a dinner option at La Flor de Calabaza served by uniformed servers which is included in the all-inclusive. Presentation of the themed, five-star dinners was outstanding.

I made special arrangements for a birthday dinner that was served on the beach with all of the flourishes of an indoor dinner--only with an unforgettable sunset. All of our servers were fantastic. Martin was a real gem. Efficient and friendly, Martin's objective was to provide the best service possible. He and his colleagues exceeded that objective. Martin and Francisco were skilled at serving Spanish and/or Mexican Coffee.

Many of the staff remembered us from last year. We felt like family. The wait staff by the pool were a lot of fun. Pedro and Victor kept all of us laughing and well oiled during the day. The rooftop Sky Lounge offers breathtaking views of the stars, sunset, and pool. The bartender went out of his way to provide top notch service. One minor complaint is that the bars do not stock bourbon. Canadian Whiskey is an acceptable alternative (I guess).

We look forward to doing this again next year. We wholeheartedly recommend the Pelicanos Grand.

Room tip: Better views from the tower
Date of stay: November 2020
Jaime Falcon, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2020