4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$160
eDreamsUS$138
TravelocityUS$160
3,634 results
All reviews sky lounge rooftop bar nightly entertainment close to downtown activities staff infinity pool pool side time share presentation ceviche water aerobics nachos ocean front the wait staff mario resort pv vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2021

7 of us stayed for Christmas and New Year at this hotel. The place was pretty clean, sanitized and pretty good over all. The alcohol was acceptable and the service was good - probably because between all of us we spend at least $300 on tipping. However, the food could be better: that menu is designed for a few days stay, so if you will stay a bit longer than that, you will get sick of those few food options. They literally will reprocess multiple times everything: so if today was some chicken for lunch, tomorrow is going to be a chicken soup from those leftovers. Also, me and another person got a skin rush and we didn't know from what, perhaps from the bad seafood they had, and when I talked with the manger, he said that no other people reported anything so that's not from his hotel. Also, he never even apologized or showed any sympathy, while I was heavily medicating myself as it affected my breathing (no, it was not covid, the result was negative, was just an allergy reaction on something).

Date of stay: December 2020
Jaime Falcon, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2021

Thank you for such beautiful comments, we are pleased to know that we exceeded all your expectations regarding your vacation. All the staff is always attentive to guarantee a smile from each of our guests.
Your congratulations will be extended, we hope to have you with us again. Until next time !!

Cordially.

Reviewed January 22, 2021 via mobile

We stayed at the resort and had the absolute pleasure of dining at the a la carte many nights. The service for our family of 7 was beyond amazing and the food was delicious! We were always greeted with a friendly smile and brought to our table. The staff checked we were comfortable and our drinks were always full. We love to experience different foods and we were so impressed here! The food was brought out in such a timely manner and the dishes were cleared promptly. The presentation was always spectacular! A huge thank you to Ricardo, Roberto, Martin and Omar for an incredible experience. We highly recommend this place!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank farmersfive
Jaime Falcon, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2021

Cordially.

Reviewed December 25, 2020

Do you think it cannot happen to YOU? Do you think you can't get sick or injured, or have some other calamity befall you that will cause you to not be able to go on your vacation? Yeah, that was me, too. I am 71 and I fell near the hotel crossing a construction site. I was badly injured and my wife was afraid of infection. We made the decision to return to the USA for treatment.

Have we gotten even ONE EMAIL from Pelicanos? No. Not even a response to our cancellation. They just kept our 30,000 MXN pesos. NOT ONE WORD! I have never even HEARD of a hotel that can work like this. Maybe a one-night penalty. I would be okay with that. What if I had reserved for 30 days? Are you going to retain the entire amount? I wonder why TripAdvisor and Booking.com even deal with companies like this.

1  Thank Ray H
Jaime Falcon, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2020

Mr Ray H, first of all I want to express you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I would like to get in touch with you and know more about the case. Under what name was your reservation, what day did you leave the hotel?

Cordially
Resort Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2020

I've been to this resort a few times. It's one of my favorites in PV. I like the food, tons of variety and flavor, better alcohol for drinks then most places which makes for less hangovers. Rooftop sky bar is our favorite, not something you see with many resorts
With COVID they have taken many precautions to make it very safe on the resort. Something i think we all think about when leaving home. The BIGGEST reason i love this resort is the staff. They make our stay so special. David the concierge manager chatted with me before i got there and answered my questions about upgrading to a large tower suite, then was awsome once we arrived making sure everything was petfect for us.
Fabriccio the bartender was THE BEST we were there for 9 days and he always went way out of his way to make our stay absolutely amazing, he'd run to the othe side of the resort to get the tequila we like if he was out at his bar. He'd help me learn some spanish during his down time. Bring us little peanut snacks from the bar. When id plan to travel outside of the city he'd tell me which areas are safe vs not quite. Of course all the wait staff were awesome but Fabriccio was just a really genuine person, looking to help anyone regardless of how much they tip. Not to mention his drinks were excellent! His English was really good he's a really personable and talented bartender. We'll for sure be looking for him next time we stay at the resort. Thank you to everyone for another amazing vacation. Te veo pronto!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah_the_wanderlust
Jaime Falcon, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2020

Hotel Plaza Pelicanos Grand appreciates your valuable comments, we are pleased to know that we meet all your expectations. The service and quality distinguish us, your congratulations will be extended to our staff. Thank you once again, see you soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2020

My Wife and I have stayed here 5 different times. I cannot say enough about all of the staff who work there, they are so nice and friendly, try to accommodate all your needs. Location is great, about a 30 to 45 minute walk (along the waterfront or the road to downtown.
Breakfast is great at the restaurant and the snacks yo can order by the pool are great.
Regarding COVID-19, this resort takes it very seriously and everyone is masked up and hand sanitizers were readily available.
Farmacias' right across the road from main entrance as well as an OXXO where you can buy water.
There is also a liquor store about 100yds to the left of the resort.
Pool Bar waiters, Hector and Pedro speak excellent English and go out of there way to help you.

Cab ride into town for 4 people about !20 pesos.
Highly recommend this resort. Try to get a room in the Tower with an Ocean View and make sure you visit the Rooftop Bar to appreciate the sunsets.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with RCI
2  Thank philmurphyaz
Jaime Falcon, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2020