“Mexico Charm”

Ranked #48 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Kauai
“Mexico Charm”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Lindo Mar was exactly what I was looking for to relax in Puerto Vallarta. The room had an amazing view overlooking the ocean and we ended up spending way more time lounging at the beach then I expected. The restaurant and bar was great and the service there was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank bkhorge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 29 July 2011

7 Days of Bliss here. Spacious, tidy rooms with breathtaking vistas of the bay. Once you tear yourself away from your bedroom and its magnificent ocean view, enjoy a great meal or drink downstairs in their lovely restaurant downstairs. Post-meal, scramble down a few steps from the restaurant into your own private beach. Enjoy the water, enjoy the view, or just pass out: whatever works for you. Fantastic customer service from soup to nuts. Will we be back? Count on it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alifeofwander
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We have stayed at the Lindo Mar for the last couple of years when we have visited Puerto Vallarta. It is a beautiful, clean, friendly, and quiet hotel and we have enjoyed both of our week long stays there. It is located about 5 miles south of downtown, but that makes this property so quiet and peaceful. They have a pool and hot tub, and a very nice beach. They have a wonderful restaurant on-site which has an amazing Sunday Brunch Buffet. The people who work at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. They will go out of their way to help you. Maria, who is their concierge is amazing in setting up excursions and helping you find just the right tour. The rooms are spacious and every one of them has a balcony which looks out over the bay. Our rooms have had AC and a full kitchen. The rooms are very clean and beautiful! We won't even think of staying anywhere else when we visit Puerto Vallarta.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank rzman
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We stayed at the Lindo Mar June 11-18. It was me and my 2 girls, 14 and 18. My older daughter's suitcase did not arrive with us.After $50 in phone calls to Delta, where they didn't have any idea where the suitcase was, I was very distraught. I told Maria, the concierge, what was going on. She immediately took over. She took down all the info and called Delta frequently until she got answers. She sent us shopping and told us not to worry. When we got back, her suitcase was there! Maria is awesome! She also helped us with tours and taxi fares.

The beach at Lindo Mar is small but very nice and relaxing, same with the pool. They have the best guacamole that I have ever had. A great day is guacamole with chips and salsa by the pool for 43 pesos while looking at the beautiful view.

It is close to the Romantic Zone and a 50 peso ( about $5) taxi will get you most anywhere. There is a bus stop nearby for 70 centavos each. We tried it once, but it was really hot and for and extra $2 a taxi seemed that much better. Taxis were always immediately available at the resort.

We would definitely go back to Lindo Mar next time!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank 1MJG123
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This place is fantastic. Not only does it have a great location but it also has one of the best restaurants around.

I'd live here if I could.

• Stayed June 2011
Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We had a pleasure of staying at the Lindo Mar from May 21-28, 2011 in suite 902, the penthouse. From the moment we arrived until our departure, the staff went out of their way to assist us in any way. The great location is only one reason that I like this place – just minutes walk to the bus station for a 7p ride to town or 50p taxi for up to four persons. There are so many wonderful restaurants that are just five minutes away. The small beach is perfect for swimming and sitting under the palapas. With a great restaurant and bar on site, you will have everything you need for a perfect Puerto Vallarta vacation. This was my third stay at Lindo Mar and I know I’ll be back in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank K-Wisconsin
Gladstone, Michigan
Reviewed 20 April 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Lindo Mar on our very first tip to PV. So, we weren't really sure what to expect anywhere. I had heard many people talk about some hotels you just may end up with a view of a parking lot.... or the roof of another building... not here! Every single room has a gorgeous view of the ocean, palm trees, and rock formations along the shore. When I walked in the room I literally dropped my bag and said "Oooooh yes!". It was fantastic.
Each room has a full kitchen with all the basics, as well as a dining table, convertable sofas, and a balcony. Note: This is not some ultra-modern new hotel that reminds you of Vegas. This is for those looking for authentic charm. The floors are tile, the decor is colorful and 'local'. We loved it.
It is only 5 minutes from 'Zona Romantica'. The bus stop down the road is visible from the entrance, so it's close. It is, however, about 25 minutes from the Marina/Airport. But that didn't bother us one bit, because we only needed that the days we arrived and left. The rest of the time we enjoyed strolling around town and down the malecon.
Service was good and they had wifi available for about $25USD/wk.
The restaurant on site is noted for the breakfast, and the weekend breakfast buffet is great!!!
The only cons I can say about our trip are: 1- there was construction going on next door at the "El Set" so during the day time there was pounding that could be heard in our room. It was never at night, and I realize that this is no fault of the Lindo Mar, but I just thought I'd mention it. 2- the mattresses could be softer. They are extra firm, so we didn't sleep so well, but everyone is different in that aspect.

Other than that- we had a great stay and would return again in a heartbeat! It was a great way to experience PV for the first time :) I would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for a good view!