This hotel was amazing! I traveled with my boyfriend and my younger brother—all three of us were overwhelmed by the rooms, service and most of all the food/drinks. We stayed from Feb 17-23 with the all-inclusive package (through Book-it). Every part of our stay was memorable. I read previous reviews posted about this hotel and was shocked to see bad reviews (I guess some people can never be pleased). We had no problems with any of the staff. They were very helpful and did everything they could to make our stay comfortable.
More than once our Butler Juan went out of his way to accommodate our various requests. He advised us to take public transit (much cheaper and saved us a lot of money), gave us tips on what areas of the town we should visit, and even gave us insider information about fish cuisine for our fishing trip. We had tours planned everyday of our trip and Juan always made sure we were prepared (printed vouchers, etc). On our return, he made an effort to ask how our day/tour went.
Isaiah was another staff member that really stood out! He always made sure we had a drink in hand. He is probably the most hard working person at the hotel (we never saw him sit down for a break). To top it off, Isaiah has a great sense of humour! Louis and Carlos were the bartenders during our stay and they were also very hard working—they never stop and the drinks were great!
The rooms were well maintained and cleaned on a daily basis. Beds were turned down each night and, in my opinion, were really comfortable (I slept well every night).
We left the hotel during the day to explore the city and participate in different tours so we can’t comment on activities at the hotel. However, the information white board indicated a variety of different activities during the day that looked fun.
We would recommend this hotel to people that don’t get concerned about minor complications and just want to relax in a friendly atmosphere. Like any hotel, there are rules, such as what time check out is, so make sure you are clear about the rules and you will have an amazing trip. Cheers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the master key to Paradise at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort All Inclusive & Spa. Our suites and rooms are designed with technology and comfort inspirited décor. Each one of these units features an amazing ocean view. Seduce your senses with our exclusive all inclusive plan, Haute cuisine, Premium Drinks, 24-Hour Butler and the most beautiful Puerto Vallarta Sunsets, all in one place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta