3,628 results
All reviews manager javier one bedroom suite mirador restaurant adult pool personal butler butler service italian restaurant swim up bar main restaurant kids club all inclusive package the hotel manager rooms face the ocean large balcony full kitchen the general manager ocean view
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent the last week in October, 2018, and had a wonderful visit. It was off season so we practically had the place all to ourselves. No night time music from the resort next door, all week. Great service, as usual. Had a wonderful ocean view room (all rooms are ocean view). Had a few meals there and the food was very good. Construction on the new wing to the South was not an issue. Will be back the end of January for a whale watching trip. On our last trip we saw whales from our balcony.

Room tip: All rooms are ocean view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Javier V, Resort Manager at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Roger;

As always it is great to see you every year At Sunset Plaza.
Thank you for been part of our family because we are part of yours.
We are sure when you are here on january again, you will watch a lot of whales

Until then

All the staff

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Overall sunset plaza was great and food was excellent! We had a large room with kitchen, dining, living room, large bedroom with king, guest bathroom, and huge bathroom with dual sinks, tub, shower, and walk-in closet!!!

Sunset plaza’s beach is small and not very exclusive. Could be tough for families.

The hotel next door has shows every night until 10:30pm that are very loud and ruined the ambiance. They also had a DJ at the pool every day that could be heard form the sunset plaza pool.

Overall, I thought it was a great place for the price and would definitely go again. It had a nice kids club as well and may bring the kids, I would just be worried about noise keeping them up during naps or bedtime.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank I2561ZJjamesb

Dear James B
We really apreciate the time to write this valuable review, and sharing with our readers.
Sorry for the inconvenience next door, and thanks God is not all the time. We are working on this matter,
But above everything is to keep the best service and quality makes the difference.

All the staff

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This app forces me to pick a difference between friends, family and couples so I am frustrated. My husband and I were lucky enough to get married at sunset plaza in 2014. I have been very selfish in not writing reviews as I always hope there are rooms available for us when we come to PV. We absolutely love Sunset Plaza!! We have stayed twice a year since we got married.

This place is such a precious gem and I didn’t want to share it. Every single room has a view of the ocean. There is not one bad room in the entire resort. The food is phenomenal and the staff is fantastic. I cannot say anything bad about Sunset Plaza. The staff are immediately like family. I am so lucky to know them- just to mention a few- Javier is amazing, Pablo, Luis, Johnny, Randee , Ruben and so many more . We are fortunate to make it to PV twice a year and we have a group of friends and family that join us from California and England and always had a phenomenal experience. I cannot say anything other than it is a fantastic place all around. I should have been writing this review for the last 4 years.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dearest friends

For us to have you twice a year is great, because you mean a lot to our lives on our job, because you encourage us to be what we are, serving you with love as well to all our guests, that are part of us
Thank you for allowing us to be part of your history

Sincerely

Javier and all the staff

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First they wouldn't accommodate me for a different floor after promising it. Then they charge me extra for questioning it. Absolute waste of time and horrible customer service. Sophia was particularly rude to my wife. Had my bag lost and this lady made it even worse. Don't waste your money on this place. Lot of other better hotels in the area

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank itrades
Javier V, Resort Manager at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kuntla Nithin

Thank you for your valuable review. and happy to know next day you moved to the 15th floor, we don´t charge extra for that, but for the extra person, because your reservation was made for 1 person and not two.
Sophia was just doing her job, and we understand your anger for the, stressfull situation about your bag missing from the airline company and Is not her fault.
Now that you are here and your luggage coming soon you will have a perfect vacations.

Please Enjoy

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was our 3rd time staying at Sunset and we're never disappointed. From the rooms to the food to the staff - everything is awesome. We especially love seeing the same staff from one visit to the next. Javier, the manager, is always there to greet us upon arrival. It makes us feel like a home away from home every time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary J

Dear Mary J

Thank yo for having the time to write this valuable review, and we were very happy to see you again for the third time.
We are very sure you will come back for the 4th time, because Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa is your second home and all of us your family

Javier Vergara