“Just like the name says, it’s an Irish bar.”
Review of Murphy's Irish Pub

Murphy's Irish Pub
Ranked #87 of 1,154 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome Home to Murphy's Irish Pub - Puerto Vallarta! Live Music~Whiskey~Sports~Food. Murphy's Irish Pub offers one of the best views in Vallarta! Located across from the infamous lighthouse (EL FARO)statue on the Malecon, Murphy's has an incredible view of the sunset overlooking the Bay of Banderas (Pacific Ocean) and a nightly firework display from the Marigalante pirate ship. The pub features a wide selection of whiskey and fantastic pub fare. Be sure to try the Guinness Pot Pie Stew, Sheperd's Pie, Jumbo Dublin Shrimp, Fish N Chips, Pub Burger with homemand chips (pub fries), delicious salads, Corned Beef and Cabbage (seasonal), and of course our brownie with Bailey's sauce & ice cream. Our Guinness Chili was awarded "people's choice" 1st Place! We have a variety of live music, the schedule of which can be found on our Facebook page at "Murphys Puerto Vallarta". Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at 11 pm we have a phenomenal classic rock band! Every day we offer different drink and food specials, including some original cocktails found only here at Murphy's Irish Pub, Puerto Vallarta. Murphy's has FREE WIFI, 2 satellits for sporting events including: NFL "TICKET" with EVERY game, CFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, Champions League, Liga Mexicana and five different flat screen TVs to watch your favorite teams! The pub also offers a dart board, free pool table, and an assortment of games (Jenga, playing cards, uno, etc).
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Nothing too great and over the top. Lots of expatriates and gringos. The standard selection of Irish and gringo beers. The service is solid and beers are cold. Good view. It’s a great place to bring friends who are scared of the unknown or who want a taste of home. I prefer the authentic Mexican places myself, but can appreciate the “safe harbor “ feel this place offers. There’s also a very funny poster on the wall. Stop in for a pint.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Sadly, I have to reverse a review I did a few years ago about Murphy's. At the time I said ..."the Guiness Stew pot pie was phenomenal, I didn't care for the fish/shrimp combo, (tasted like it wasn't completely cooked and a little too chewy). My wife had said the hamburger was great. The chicken sandwich was really good but the fries were so-so ". Overall if you ordered the right thing you would enjoy the restaurant.

We went back thinking that now we knew exactly what to order that was good. I was very disappointed. I can only guess that the chef has changed the Guiness Stew pot pie was undercooked so the pastry top was soft and chewy and the flavor of the sauce was decidedly not what it was like before. My wife had a salad that was so-so. We won't be going back

1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed April 1, 2018

One of the only places I’ve found in PV where you can order a pitcher of dark beer. Taps are cold and Guinness is awesome!

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Everything there is spot on! Atmosphere, food, drinks and staff were great! We found this place when wandering back and forth on Malecon. It's just over the street and stairs up and you will find the best place to spend your evening. Allthough we are young couple, we don't like all those big dance clubs. So Murphy's is the best! Loved watching sunset and just relax drinking cider (which is difficult to find). Live bands adds up the ambience. Went there many times and always felt so welcome.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

I went there for a change but was disappointed. Service was slow, food was average (I had fish and chips) and the beer not particularly cold.

Thinking about it I should have just gone to a Mexican restaurant.