3,597 results
All reviews preferred club carnival buffet healing hands entertainment team swim up bar kids club coco cafe explorers club barefoot grill french restaurant dress code preferred building ocean view turn down service unlimited vacation club kids pool beautiful resort
Reviewed February 12, 2017

To the staff at Now Amber: Really, we’re sorry we stayed at your property. We’re sure you had all sorts of other things you'd rather be doing and we could have spent our money elsewhere. To the “Welcome” person: We know that selling people timeshares probably isn’t where you saw yourself when you were 25 and thinking about life in your 50’s, but once we said no thanks, you really should understand that we’re not changing our minds and maybe still tell us a little about the property to make our stay a little more enjoyable. To the front desk clerk: We’re also sure that waiting on people at the check-in counter maybe isn’t your dream job, but there are days where we don’t particularly care our jobs either. But we still do them to the best of our abilities. And giving us the stink eye because the first room key YOU gave us didn’t work really wasn’t necessary. To housekeeping: Is it really necessary to have to make a personal appeal down at the front desk to get our room cleaned because nobody answers the housekeeping phone? (And please leave us more than ½ roll of toilet paper and maybe replace the empty tissue box – I know we tipped you each day, but perhaps you could have provided us with a price list with the amount to tip to get those amenities replaced?) To the Wait Staff: We know that walking out of a restaurant after waiting for 45 minutes, during which time we received one glass of water and a roll, wasn’t the classiest thing to do, but we were hungry and running out of time to go somewhere to get food before the other restaurants closed for the evening. To you other potential “guests”: Be aware that if a group books the pool area to “Party like it’s 1995” until 11:00 PM (complete with light show including spotlights randomly blazing into your room), you will be partying too (I wonder what the Secrets guests thought about that after paying their premium…). Done. Thanks. We feel a little bit better.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 2MNtravellers
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator eConcierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2017

Dear 2MNtravellers

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our resort.

We value your detailed suggestions as our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and we will consciously revise all of your remarks.

While we understand the way you felt about the situation experienced during your stay, we do hope that our reply to your feedback restores some semblance of trust on us. Please contact me directly at info.noapv@nowresorts.com to take care of your next reservation. It will be a honor to assist you

Social Media Coordinator eConcierge

Reviewed February 12, 2017

We visited Now Amber Puerto Vallarta the week of January 27, 2017. This is connected to its sister resort, Secrets Puerto Vallarta resort. We chose Now Amber, family resort, versus Secrets, Adults only, since it was cheaper ($350 or so for 7 nights). It was the right choice since the kids were a non-factor and you could go back and forth between resorts. The only thing is if you want to dine at Secrets you needed to reserve a spot with the concierge (not a big deal but necessary) in the AM (the French restaurant filled up quickly for the week so reserve that as soon as you arrive).

Our room was located on the 12th floor and we had a beautiful view of the ocean. I would recommend having a room at that level. .. the elevators were quick and efficient most of the time. The room itself was big with a decent balcony. Each room had a jacquzzi tub which was a nice touch. We had no issues with housecleaning/maid service.

The food was excellent but we are not foodies. I found all the restaurants had good selections and were happy with all our meals - Italian was our favorite. The breakfast buffet was typical fare for all inclusives. .. no complaints. They also had a pool side burger grill (you had to ask for Guac/chips - a must). Overall, service was impeccable as it is at all Secrets resorts.

Evening entertainment was superb. Loved the couple of nighttime entertainment acts that we were able to catch (we like to dine late). We really enjoyed the Beatles show and the Rock & Roll show. I regret not attending more of their shows. We were lucky enough to catch a late night cabaret show in the Desires bar (a take off to Chicago musical I think).

Late night (after 10pm), we really enjoyed closing down the Desires bar (1am or so) which featured a live DJ. The only issue here was the fact that the DJ would sometimes play a set playlist that he would NOT deviate from (Mexican hiphop or club remix music) which just drove the crowds away - I almost believe that the DJ WANTED people to leave to he could have an early night. However, some nights they would specifically play requested music (American top 40) combined with the associated video (played on wall/TV sets) which got the crowd involved dancing the night away. Overall we were happy with Desires.

The best part of the trip was the Entertainment team: Canelo, Jairo, Mario, Roger, Karisma and Laly. What a great group of people. . .without them, the resort is NOT the same. We had fun interacting with them all week long, from Beach volleyball (I own Roger and Canelo!!) to foam party (at Secrets) to belly flop balloon competition and more.

I could go on and on but I highly recommend this resort

4  Thank Mike O

Dear Mike O

I would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Thank you very much for your comment about our team and we will let them know your regards.

I hope to have the honor of welcoming you back, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly wonderful and memorable experience.
Social Media Coordinator eConcierge

Reviewed February 11, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at Now Amber to be welcomed by soft cool damp flannel to cool us down and a glass of bubbly, We were taken straight through without waiting to our preferred club, booked in then taken straight to our gorgeous room number 1477 the best we have ever stayed in i would say !! the pacific is different to the Caribbean and we thought for the hotel and resort it was much better and if you go there the broadwalk is a must to visit especially Sundays when the street entertainers are in full swing. It was very cheap to eat and drink out in the local bars and everyone is so friendly and welcoming. The restaurants in the hotel were really nice too my fave being the Italian my partner liked the french as much as the Italian and couldn't decide which his favourite was, They were much better than the food choices in the buffet restaurant if im being honest ( for me) ..... There was a seafood restaurant also which were overlooking the sea we ate in there at lunchtime, My partner loves fish but i don't eat it but they even had choice of something for me to enjoy, in fact the staff throughout the hotel couldn't do enough for you . The drinks were premium in the preferred club and mini bar in your room and was topped up on a regular basis with branded drinks and any changes you needed were granted. We had room service twice during our stay both times delivered quickly and was delicious Jacuzzi on our balcony was a lovely touch as was the king size bathroom with all lovely toiletries including sun creams and body lotions, tooth paste and brushes shampoos conditioners shower gel and lots of other free goodies!! The boys around the pool bar were brilliant at making sure you had plenty to drink and eat around the pool and they never stop!! A little further to travel than Cancun where we have travelled to in Mexico previously but well worth it .

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cathysymons
Cesar V, Social Media Coordinator EConcierge at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2017

Dear cathysymons

I would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.I are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest.

I sincerely look forward to welcome you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Reviewed February 10, 2017

We spent two weeks in Now Amber. We were on the second floor and had lovely views over the pool and the ocean. Room was very comfortable and spacious. We requested a king size bed but were given two small doubles. Maid service was excellent with a nightly turn down although that was sometimes too early and we were still in the room.

Location of hotel was good. In a local area with a bus going South to downtown or North to the marina area. Buses cheap and reliable. Longer distance buses also available.

Beach and ocean looked lovely but sand was rocky and the sea was pretty rough. The red flag was up most of the time. We went to Mismaloya where the beach was lovely and the sea much calmer.

Food was pretty good and varied. We enjoyed lunch at the Castaway restaurant. Buffet was fine for breakfast. They are inclined to add pork to beans and lentils so not much for vegetarians. All of the restaurants were good although we were disappointed with the Bordeaux located in Secrets. However other people enjoyed it so maybe just bad night. Or bad choices!

Service was excellent. Staff friendly and helpful. Very appreciative of tips which we were happy to give.

Overall a really good quality for an all inclusive. House wine good. They do try to sell other wine and tequila. Quite a hard sell in the Italian restaurant.

They have a team of people selling Vacation Club which can be a bit of a pain although all pleasant enough. They also sell trips but the big push is to attend the 3 hour presentation. We didn't.

Children are allowed. They have a separate pool but were often in adult pool and hot tub. If that bothers you best to go to Secrets side.

3  Thank FionaMacScotland

Dear FionaMacScotland

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay.

I were delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

I look forward to have the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Reviewed February 9, 2017

I have mobility issues which delightfully and unexpectedly became non-issues with the design and arrangement of the hotel. Although there are a few stairs, there are ramps everywhere and the design is very compact yet appears quite spacious and modern. Our room was right off the elevator in the preferred building. There was a bench in the shower to sit down and a portable shower head. There were no noise issues from being so close to this high traffic area. I think we heard people momentarily twice in 10 days there. The pool we used was just steps from the preferred building so I was able to use my own bathroom anytime I needed and did not need to use the public pool bathroom. Every day we were able to find chaises in the area of our choice and did not usually go down until after 8:30 am. We really enjoyed the service and information provided by Danial and Cinthia at the Preferred Reception and Isiahas in the Preferred Bar. Now Amber offers both cabernet sauvignon, merlot, chardonnay, and one other white as house wine. They are all better wines than any other AI's we have been to. Another guest who was a wine maker in a previous life also felt the wine was good quality. Mimosas and champagne were also available at the bars. We were told that restaurant reservations become available Sunday afternoon for the following week, so that is the time to make them for the teppanaki and Bordeaux (French restaurant at Secrects) which are very popular. All the al a carte restaurants were delicious with excellent service. Tamarindo (Mexican) has an excellent mariachi band on Mondays and Thursdays(?). A seafood lunch with champagne at Castaways overlooked the beach and pool during the day and dinner here at sunset is very romantic. Capers had great Italian food. What a way to be spoiled. We only went to the Carnival once in the evening and were disappointed with the selection and presentation of the food - but it was already 9 pm. and there were very few other patrons in the place. Quite often for breakfast or lunch we just enjoyed the offerings in the Preferred Club as there was enough for us to choose from there . We ordered room service one day for lunch. It arrived in 30 minutes, hot, and well prepared. Take time to view the water show at the pool and the Beatles show with amazing contortionists. The gym is at Secrets and is well supplied with bikes, machines, and exercise balls, mats, etc. The only concern I had was they were putting Armor All on the floor one day which made it quite slippery for someone like me who uses a cane. Now Amber and Secrets invite guest yoga instructors to provide yoga classes. The two instructors I worked with were very experienced and well qualified although they did come from different yoga philosophies. Mita from California was a real gem and helped me adapt her poses to my abilities. We felt Now Amber is a great place for families, weddings, and even romantic get-aways. Enjoy.

6  Thank gghCalgary

Dear gghCalgary

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Now Puerto Vallarta .
I am very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest.