“Fun family vacation”

Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort
Ranked #47 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 16 January 2017

This isn't the first time that we had gone to this resort. My mother really likes the resort and finds it easy to get around. The staff are amazing, they remembered what my mother likes to drink in the morning which is not really something that everyone else drinks. The activities staff are great always trying to get us involved in activities, they also knew soon enough that we weren't joiners and left us alone only stopped by to say hello. Raul, Marco, Michel, Fernando and Ivan are quite good at their jobs. My nieces and nephew really enjoyed the kids club with Marilu and can't wait to go and see her again. Eduardo & Claudio are very good.
The rooms are quite spacious but really how long are you actually in your room.

Room Tip: Main floor facing pool
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Audrey796
Write a ReviewReviews (2,088)

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

The photos for this hotel are misleading. There is the Plaza Pelicanos Club, which is more like a motel and Plaza Pelicanos Grand, which is a beautiful resort on the beach. I traveled with three of my girlfriends and myself and another friend had booked our own rooms. Upon arrival, neither of us felt comfortable staying in a room alone so we asked to cancel one room and share the other. Initially the resort told me that because I had booked through TripAdvisor that I had to call TripAdvisor. I was then told by TripAdvisor that I had to speak the the resort. I was transferred back to the resort and was hung up on. After spending two hours upon arrival trying to figure out our room situation, we were offered wrist bands to access the Plaza Pelicanos Grand Resort during he day which was nice. My room sat empty the entire vacation. There is also construction going on at the resort and apparently the resort next door. The construction continued ALL night the first night we were there. Hammers and drills at 1:00AM. It was definitely a rowdy crowd back at the club on the weekends. The hallways could get loud. Food was horrible. I would not stay again.

Stayed: January 2017
2  Thank Cortney H
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Not willing to fix problems with Sunwing and get issues sorted out.
End up charging me for my dad staying the second week with me after my wife had to leave during the first week paid for two adults and two kids for two weeks!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Raymond K
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

The clerk at the from the front desk was very rude while we were checking in. Our room had no towels, no amenities and the tap water smelled liked sulfur. First night I got a bunch of very nasty "mosquito bites" around my ankles which turned out to be bed bug bites... Found out when we discovered the creepy little bugs filled with blood at the foot of the bed. The food from the buffet was edible. The only thing I liked was the service at the tiki bar, the bartenders where very attentive.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luis H
Reviewed 14 January 2017

My experience was better than expected. The staff are obviously well trained in service and were cheerful and helpful. Food was good, as expected. Beach is small but was not overcrowded. My room was quiet, first floor not facing the pool. This what I asked for and was pleased. Maybe next time I'd ask for a pool facing room on the first floor with a patio which would be quiet after 10.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeff N
Jaime F, Resort Manager at Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

Dear Jeff N,

I want to express my gratitude with you because chose Plaza Pelicanos Club to stayed, and for sharing your experience on this web side.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed overall your stay, but I would like in your next holidays to care you to myself.
Once again thanks and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in not too distance.
Best regards

Reviewed 13 January 2017

This resort is family friendly, but run down. It needs some serious renovating in the rooms. The beach area is small and the chairs need replaced. The staff at the pool was very helpful. The location is good. The bus is only 2 blocks.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iluv2travel1952
Reviewed 13 January 2017

So there is Pelicanos Grand and Pelicanos Club. The clubs pool is on the beach but the hotel is off the beach actually fully behind the neighbor hotel - Las Palmas. They show a photo of their ocean pool and you just assume its part of the entire complex. You have to walk across the road/parking lot (which is cobblestone so no bare feet) to get to the ocean pool.

The Pelicanos Club is old, they wash and reuse their plastic cups in the bar - and I mean the cheap ones with the ink logo wearing off. there was logo ink on the inside of the cup due to the washing and stacking process - very gross.
The buffet is trays of rice, potatoes, pasta. If a tray has meats it is always bits of chicken, pork, or a meat.

There is major construction in the lobby: grinding, welding, sanding, pounding all day.

The staff is pleasant.

My room was decent and clean, but the door to the adjoining room had a brokenthe only thing keeping my neighbor from entering my room was a screw across the door. Could have been pushed open by a 3rd grader

Room Tip: Recommend staying way closer (more south) by the Melecon strip. Unless you pay for a way better ho...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends