We just got back-- fantastic experience! Can not wait to return. We met many many people that have been there before. Service was incredible! I can't speak for the person below who was obviously at the resort when we were but we hung out with the wedding party in the pool yesterday and they all had a very fabulous time. Everyone we met went on and on about how great the resort was. Someone clearly has a need for vengeance, but their review does not match anyone else who actually *stayed* at the resort as a guest.
Things we loved:
* Incredible service. Staff were uniformly friendly, knowledgeable, warm, and attentive. Always smiling, always offering great conversation. A shout out to Eddie, Fernando, Ramon...list goes on. Imagine sitting at the hottub at night and without asking, they deliver champagne? Refill your margarita before you even ask? Ring your bell to your room to deliver random goodies- snacks, drinks, toiletries...
* So many restaurants to choose from, and so many great options on the menus. Some food was a miss- the salmon was too dry, some pastries tasted stale. Yet more often than not the food was fabulous: the seafood salad at Oceana, the fish tacos at Seaside grill, the endless salads and fresh fruit always were incredible.
* LOVED the coffee shop for double espressos and pastries or snack food 12 hours a day.
* Using our coupon to upgrade on the last day to a deluxe jacuzzi suite (jacuzzi on the deck) was so so worth it!
* Pools were perfectly heated so never too hot or cold, even on our overcast days.
* Full and lively energy at the resort, yet never a line up, or a shortage of chairs at pool or beach.
* Staff did a great job of attracting lots of joiners to activities, but you never felt pressured to do anything at all.
* You absolutely could get any type of drink, with any specific type of alcohol brand you asked for. NO watered down drinks here. Good lord no...but maybe it should have been :)
* The 24 room service- always fast, hot, and excellent quality
* Room in old tower was SO CLOSE to the ocean. Holy cow. I've had a lot of ocean view rooms before but this was something else. You could really hear the ocean. Loved it.
* Relatively few hawkers, probably because the beach is private and enclosed by cliffs
* Super easy to get into town by cab ($5)
* Spotless and clean throughout
* No wrist bands, no towel cards...once inside the gates you were treated like royalty
* Gym was cool and more than adequate equipment (not always the case in Mexico)
* That wi-fi wasn't free except in the Preferred Tower (It was important for us to avoid all internet!).
Things I might change (but I'm really scraping the barrel here to be as useful as possible but really, these are trivial to me):
* I'd like clearer, warmer, calmer water (not the resorts fault, just Pacific Mexico)
* Skip the whole coupon thing (which really just bring the stuff like spa treatments down to normal prices if you use them). I'd rather have just been able to go to my room when I arrived than sit through the coupon thing which is really just designed to get us to sign up for a sales pitch during our trip.
* Give people free wi-fi everywhere. For us it was great to avoid all signs of work via the internet, but in this day and age it seems 'cheap' to charge for it (and runs counter to all other aspects of this generous resort that does not otherwise do any nickel and diming).
* Concierge wasn't that helpful (unless you want to shop, which we did not...seemed unable to think outside a narrow box of what activities we might partake in that did not involve tourist traps and shopping).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel