We decided to stay at Dreams for our anniversary. Overall we definitely enjoyed our stay but if you decide to go here are some tips:
Upgrade to the Preferred Tower. This will make a huge difference. When we booked through Expedia, the new tower was not even an option because it was supposedily sold out. The first 2 days we spent in the Main Tower which was average to below average. Small rooms, most with no balcony. No lobby, very motel like. Some people seemed fine with the Main Tower but if you are picky or want the most out of your visit then do whatever it takes to get into the Preferred Tower. With that said, Jose at reception found us a Jr. Suite without a jacuzzi in the new tower and it was MORE than we expected. Air conditioned lobby with a section that included top self liquor, food, and coffee from morning until 9 pm. The room had everything! Large balcony, LCD TV, 2 sitting areas, gorgeous bed, and huge bathroom. It was worth the cost to upgrade!
The food was what you might expect from an all inclusive resort, pretty average. Each restraunt is closed one or two nights a weeks so I suggest that you research that before getting all dressed up and walking down to Portifino which just happened to to closed for our last night. We did enjoy the coconut shrimp appetizer at Seaside Grill.
Comedy Night was hysterical and Fiesta Night was another great experience.
The adults only pool was very nice. Make sure you go down early in the morning to reserve a couple chairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel