24 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
C$419
7,902 results
All reviews grand fiesta americana sky bar mojito bar la luce north tower italian restaurant room service pool area sushi alfredo michael jackson show the club lounge entertainment team make reservations all inclusive resort tacos top shelf liquor
Selected filters
Reviewed December 6, 2016

This hotel is wonderful, off the beaten path and relaxing. Our thanks go to Salvadore the Activites Director, Enrique pool server (his wife was ill, hope she is doing better) &
Saul Zarazua Pool Manager. Jorge Zapata Head Chef & Andres Mendoza our waiter at Restaurante Gailitta and Eliel Machado Bellman. They all made our stay special. It's a beautiful hotel, restaurants are great and the employess are exceptional. We had a wonderful time and hope to return soon! Kgariepy

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank gariepyk
GeneralManagerFGPV, Hotel Operations Manager at Hilton Vallarta Riviera All-inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2016

Thank you very much for sharing with us your review about our work and our services, it's a great pleasure to know that your overall experience was enjoyable. I was most happy to read your kind comments regarding the service you received.
We hope for the future privilege to welcome you back to Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta.

Reviewed December 6, 2016

We traveled Nov. 27 to Dec.3
Pros:
The hotel is very nice with all rooms having balconies with ocean views.
The pools were nice and warm.
Service at the pools was very good especially from Emma and Yeraldine serving all the drinks and food you want right to you at the pool.
The restaurants all served very good food.
There is free internet throughout the resort.

Cons:
Nightlife is lacking as most bars shut down at 11 and only the Skybar was open until 2, but the DJs were playing music for a young crowd and about 85% of the people were 45 and over.
This hotel closes off the best pool locations for conventions fairly often.
One pool is in the shade until about 11AM and the other pool is in the shade until about 1 PM.
They are doing construction in the beach area, with a loader and an excavator working for a few hours several days of the week.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Happydog3

Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experience with us. At Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta we strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission. We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us, it’s importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests.

Thank you again for your valuable review, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Reviewed December 5, 2016 via mobile

The facilities are really good but the cost-benefit ratio is really bad. The quality of food and beverages as well as the service is really low. They force you to make reservations on the restaurants every night but they are all almost empty. If the cost per night were the half, perhaps would be a suitable ratio. Curious thing, here they all think the quality of the service and meals they offer are good enough, it seems like no one here has traveled to any other destination or have worked anywhere else, it's something that is really surprising. Nothing to recommend here.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank erickdonald

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments of your recent stay with us. Although many travelers find Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta to be a great place for a relaxing getaway, with excellent food options and outstanding service, I do understand that the concept of our hotel does not suit your kind of lifestyle.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to your feedback, do not hesitate to contact me with any further comments regarding your experience with us.

Reviewed December 5, 2016 via mobile

When we first got there they told us that we wouldn't get a room close together (we had 2 rooms) unless we upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. They charged us $120 a night for the upgrade and told us that we were getting a 50% discount sure to the vacation being for my birthday. They put us in the corner room one floor above the outside bar. It was very loud and disruptive. We couldn't sleep before 1:30 am any night we were there. This 'upgrade' should be FREE due to the extremely inconvenient location next to the bar.

Otherwise the resort was nice. The rooms were clean. The food was good overall.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Loreena M

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us. I was very much concerned by your review and disappointments you faced during your stay with us. I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.

I would like you to be sure that we are always remain at your service for any assistance or further information, I am at your complete disposal, we all will be very grateful to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

Hands down the best resort I've stayed at. Anywhere.

My husband and I visited PV for the 1st time for our honeymoon 5 years ago. We stayed at GFA's sister property Fiesta Americana. We chose Grand Fiesta in particular this time because it was adults-only. We were beyond happy with our stay at the resort. So much that after 10 days we didn't want to go home. I'm already looking to book my trip back for 2017!

The main factor I will return to this resort is because of the staff. They were absolutely wonderful. Ivan and Iya assisted me in booking our suites and the vow renewal. They went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect for our special day. We didn't book a photographer so the day of the ceremony, they even surprised us with one. This meant so much to me because for my wedding it rained and we were forced to pics in the lobby. As you can imagine, these pics turned out WAY better.

Eliel I considered my right hand man. Anything we needed, he could get for us. He was also one the nicest young men I have ever met. Anytime we saw him around the resort he would stop and smile and ask if we needed anything. Tanya & Patricia in the spa, Adrian the server in the Grand Club, Patricia the pool cabana & lobby bar server,
Victor the food & bev manager, Christopher the life guard, etc. As you can see a month later, I still know their names. I hope to see 'my friends' again.

Grand Lounge - Worth the upgrade. You get your own private check-in. They also serve buffet and appetizers throughout the day. Some of the best food I had was there in the lounge. Located on the 13th floor, the views were incredible. Most important the grand lounge is where the premium liquor is located. Score!

Rooms - Beautiful. Being a new hotel, everything is super modern and clean. ALL the rooms face the ocean so literally every single room is an ocean view room. We stayed in the Governor's suite which was hands down one of the nicest suites I've stayed in. If you can upgrade, I suggest you do so. Mainly because it comes with it's own private hot tub!

Beach - Small but nice. It's a man-made beach but we went swimming in it daily. I actually preferred it to the pools. The water is warm and not too choppy. They have beach chairs, umbrellas and cabanas available for use as well.

Pools - Amazing. Rent a cabana if you can. You have access to it all day. The staff is of course friendly and super attentive. Food and drinks served pool side all day!

Spa - Small but very nice. I had a facial. It was okay. She didn't do any extractions but other than that I can't complain.

Food - I'm a food blogger so the food was important to me. Overwhelmed is how I would describe it. I mean that in a good way. You need reservations for Yuu and Rojo but we were able to make reservations the day-off without any problem. The buffet was fantastic. In particular the breakfast buffet - wow so many options. La Cevicheria is another standout. If you like ceviche then this place is for you. They have so many options. The only downside is that it's not open for dinner. The room service is 24 hours and it was good as well. Almost every night I ordered a burger at 1:00am. It was the best burger!!

Activities - Awesome. There are so many options. You can be as entertained as you want to be - poker or blackjack, pool aerobics, Spanish lessons, you name it, it's there.

We sat through the presentation for excursion with Vallarta Tours. Hands down the best decision we made on the trip. Jorge, the sales guy we met with was really cool. Most important he was NOT pushy. We had no intention of buying a time share and made that clear to him. Still, we ended up spending almost 3 hours talking to Jorge. In exchange the 4 of us we got to visit Las Caletas for free rather than spending almost $500. Las Caletas is beyond beautiful. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Don't be afraid of the timeshare pitch, it's not that bad and you can walk away very easily.

There were 2 conferences going on while I was there but you never would have guessed that. Even as full capacity, the venue seemed empty. I never had to wait longer than a minute or two for anything.

Whenever thanking the staff, they would put their hands on their heart and reply, "with pleasure". They're wrong - the pleasure was actually mine.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank TweetEatTravel

Thank you for qualifying our services so highly, it's truly our pleasure to know that your stay with us was excellent. At Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta, one of our goals is to provide a true experience to our guests, which goes beyond the facilities. I was most happy to learn from this review that you were pleased with our restaurants and especially that our staff made a difference providing excellent service.
Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations. We are looking forward to your next visit; do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.