“never a disappointment here exquisite food exquisite service!”
Review of Garza Canela hotel

Garza Canela hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in San Blas
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Contemporary, International, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Delfin restaurant, a place in San Blas where you can experience Mexican cuisine from creation to innovation. It is an intimate space with charming atmosphere and unsurpassed personal and friendly service.
Reviewed July 25, 2016

an absoloutely delicious place to eat. san blas doesnt have much to offer as far as good food. so its always a surprise to find such a gem as this place. excellent food, and even more excellent service. dining room is superbly clean, comfortable, and airconditioned. they have had the same staff for years so this speaks volumes as well.

Reviewed April 13, 2016

I ate here twice on a recent trip to San Blas. The food was generally quite good, though not spectacular. The specialty cocktails were good, but tiny compared to US bars. Note that this is the most expensive restaurant in San Blas. The prices aren't bad, but simply high for the area. You can eat two nights at Red Witch for the price of a dinner here.

Reviewed April 4, 2016

My main gripe about this place is that while everything they sell is expensive, they only pay their help the equivalent of $4.75 a day. I will not patronize businesses that take advantage of others. BTW, their food is not that great and quite overpriced for this town.

Reviewed March 14, 2016

I wrote a review about the restaurant when reviewing the hotel, so this might be redundant.
Ate dinner here. Did not like it. Bacon and cheese stuffed chicken with spinach mashed potatoes. The potatoes tasted just like spinach. I like spinach, but I prefer my potatoes to taste like potatoes. I didn't like the chicken either, but I was hungry, so I ate it. I think it needed some salt, maybe a nice sauce. Just was boring and bland.
Ate breakfast here too. Liked it even less. Despite the fact that there were too many servers on, you would think the service would be good, but it wasn't. All they did was fill up coffee cups. We ran out of tortillas, and that seems to be unusual in Mexico. There was ketchup on the table and no salsa. Again, maybe unusual in Mexico. Tortillas and salsa are such staples here. But I don't think any of this would have mattered if the food was good.
It wasn't. My 'sausage' was a hot dog. My toast was cold and a little too sweet. The eggs were fine. My tea cup was empty most of the meal, while my coffee drinking friends all had full cups.

I had mind-blowing amazing food from multiple places in San Blas during my 2 week stay here, so the 2 meals I ate at hotel Garza were extremely disappointing. If the street food is amazing and the local taqueria is amazing, how come the 5 star restaurant is terrible?

Reviewed December 12, 2015

Multilingual and family owned and operated. Wonderful family atmosphere and excellent cuisine by renowned Chef Betty Vasquez. The family are all hands on with every detail for your comfort. Cannot say enough good things about them